Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Okay Knight, if you don't mind I have thought of a few personal questions that I've been curious about...

Is being the web site administrator for TOL what you do for a living?
:ha: I WISH!!!!! If TOL were my only job TOL would be a zillion times better!!!!

Tis only a dream! :cloud9:

TOL would have to somehow generate a reasonable revenue stream to accomplish that goal. Currently it doesn't seem very likely it will happen.

Until then I will continue to devote all the hours I can to TOL.

How many years of study have you completed at Derby? I hear that making it through their entire curriculum is quite a hill to climb! (No pun intended. ;) )
LOL... I only did a year of it.

I simply do not have the time.

And one last question...

Are you directly involved with any other ministries besides TOL?
I was a founding elder at Denver Bible Church but I resigned because I felt it wasn't fair to the church since I don't have the time to give the job the attention it deserves.

Maybe someday I will have more time. :(

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Knight
I was a founding elder at Denver Bible Church but I resigned because I felt it wasn't fair to the church since I don't have the time to give the job the attention it deserves.

Maybe someday I will have more time. :(

I've been to Denver Bible church twice. No wait, one summer I went to Denver and Bob was still at Derby, I went with him and several others from Derby to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July from Mount Homo's Make Me Sick! That was great! Two summers later I visited Denver Bible Church when I was in Denver attempting to find a way to move up there. The move obviously didn't happen but I'm curious as to whether or not you and I have ever met in person?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lucky

It's all about the wording I guess. Let's see.. :think:

How much foreknowledge do you reckon God has?
An incredible amount.

Especially in comparison to us.

Since God knows EVERYTHING knowable He can have an amazing amount of foreknowledge.

For instance....
God not only knows what we are doing currently He also knows are intentions as well. And since He knows our intentions and our hearts and our personalities and our mental states and our physical limitations etc etc etc.... He can have incredible accuracy in knowing our futures ESPECIALLY our near futures.

With this knowledge it was easy for God to predict the near future actions of Peter and Judas etc.

But God sovereignly chose not to know perfectly and exhaustively our futures and therefore gave us a true functioning freewill of our own. Which explains why God didn't "expect" Israel to reject Him.

It isn't that God couldn't have created us with our futures set, because He absolutely could have done that. Yet it is that He didn't want to create us with our futures closed.

He chose to bless us with a will of our own and not a will of His ordaining through perfect foreknowledge.

In other words...
It isn't that God is too weak to know the future.... instead.... God is so strong He was able to leave the future open, and still be in control.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I've been to Denver Bible church twice. No wait, one summer I went to Denver and Bob was still at Derby, I went with him and several others from Derby to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July from Mount Homo's Make Me Sick! That was great! Two summers later I visited Denver Bible Church when I was in Denver attempting to find a way to move up there. The move obviously didn't happen but I'm curious as to whether or not you and I have ever met in person?
:think: Hmmmm... very possibly!

Lucky

Hall of Fame

An incredible amount.

Since God knows EVERYTHING knowable He can have an amazing amount of foreknowledge.

For instance....
God not only knows what we are doing currently He also knows are intentions as well. And since He knows our intentions and our hearts and our personalities and our mental states and our physical limitations etc etc etc.... He can have incredible accuracy in knowing our futures ESPECIALLY our near futures.

With this knowledge it was easy for God to predict the near future actions of Peter and Judas etc.

But God sovereignly chose not to know perfectly and exhaustively our futures and therefore give us a true functioning freewill of our own. Which explains why God didn't "expect" Israel to reject Him.

It isn't that God couldn't have created us with our futures set, because He absolutely could have done that. Yet it is that He didn't want to create us with our futures closed.

He chose to bless us with a will of our own and not a will of His ordaining through perfect foreknowledge.

In other words...
It isn't that God is too weak to know the future.... instead.... God is so strong He was able to leave the future open, and still be in control.
:think:...

Am I really an open theist but just don't know it?
:shocked:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

An incredible amount.

For instance....

But God sovereignly chose not to know perfectly and exhaustively our futures and therefore give us a true functioning freewill of our own. Which explains why God didn't "expect" Israel to reject Him.

In other words...
That's about the best summation I've read of God's foreknowledge in so few words. :thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

LOL...:chuckle:

I am not sure.

But one thing I am kinda sure of is....

I think you jump to conclusions about open theism without actually giving it a chance on it's own logical and biblical merit.

But that is only a guess of mine.

I could be wrong. :)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You have to be. I've seen too many intelligent things that you've had to say on here. You're just too smart to be anything else. :D

(oops! I answered a question on Knight's thread. Maybe he won't notice.)

(nobody say anything)

N

naima

Re: Knight

Re: Knight

...Is cousin Itt Gomez's cousin or Morticia's cousin? :help:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Knight

Re: Re: Knight

Originally posted by naima

...Is cousin Itt Gomez's cousin or Morticia's cousin? :help:
Well since Itt had a short fling with Ophelia (Morticia's sister) Itt must be natural cousins with Gomez.

That was a tough one. :D

N

naima

Re: Re: Re: Knight

Re: Re: Re: Knight

Well since Itt had a short fling with Ophelia (Morticia's sister) Itt must be natural cousins with Gomez.
That was a tough one. :D

A short fling? Was that in the movie? I only watched the TV series but listen, we're here to x-ray and examine the issues, probe them if you will. Consider:

"Tish" always gently stroked Itt, while speaking to him in cooing, loving tones whereas Gomez always speak to him like "ol Cousin Itt, that's my boy!" That would suggest an Itt and Morticia shared blood line wouldn't you agree, all omnipotent one? :cool:

Wow, an Ophelia fling, I did not know that....:think:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Re: Knight

Re: Re: Re: Re: Knight

Originally posted by naima

A short fling? Was that in the movie? I only watched the TV series but listen, we're here to x-ray and examine the issues, probe them if you will. Consider:

"Tish" always gently stroked Itt, while speaking to him in cooing, loving tones whereas Gomez always speak to him like "ol Cousin Itt, that's my boy!" That would suggest an Itt and Morticia shared blood line wouldn't you agree, all omnipotent one? :cool:
Maybe Morticia had "feelings" fo Itt similar to her sister.

Wow, an Ophelia fling, I did not know that....:think:
That's what I am here for..... ANSWERS!!! :D

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight,

My browser at work won't show me any of the thread titles!
Yesterday I thought it was because of the changes you were making but it didn't do it on my browser at home and it's still doing it here at work.
It shows who started the thread and who responded last but not the title of the threads themselves. We just installed some new internet security software on this computer yesterday, it has to have something to do with that but I don't know what it could be.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Clete

ShadowMaid

Would the U.S. be better off if the women were still taught to be home makers and didn't have the right to vote? (Not trying to put any women down, just a question)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
How about if women were taught to be home makers and NOBODY had the right to vote?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Knight,

My browser at work won't show me any of the thread titles!
Yesterday I thought it was because of the changes you were making but it didn't do it on my browser at home and it's still doing it here at work.
It shows who started the thread and who responded last but not the title of the threads themselves. We just installed some new internet security software on this computer yesterday, it has to have something to do with that but I don't know what it could be.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Clete

:bannana: :jump: :bannana:

Hey I figured it out! Norton Web Assistant was blocking ads on this site. When I disabled that for this site then the thread titles showed back up!

:jump: :bannana: :jump:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by ShadowMaid

Would the U.S. be better off if the women were still taught to be home makers and didn't have the right to vote? (Not trying to put any women down, just a question)
Of course the US would be better off if more women were homemakers.

Women are our countries greatest resource!

There is no substitute for a loving mother that has the time and ability to raise up her children.

As far as voting is concerned....

Voting on moral issues is sort of a silly concept for anyone (female and male alike).

Most issues are either right or wrong.... voting doesn't change that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.