Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Knight,

Is there a way I can keep TOL from automatically sending me an email every time someone posts on a thread that I'm subscribed to?
No. I used to have the same problem. I seldom subscribe to threads anymore.

If you don't mind never getting emails from TOL or TOL members, you could change the email address for your TOL account to one that you don't normally use. Then the emails will go to that email account rather than cluttering up your regular email inbox.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: longtime lurker

Re: Re: longtime lurker

BTW Titan, you avatar freaks me out! Pretty Cool! :cool:
:D Thanks.

That's one of the avatars I contributed. It's from the the same painter, Alex Ross, that painted my current avatar and Knight's old Captain Marvel avatar.

avoice

Ok Knight, I have a question, I must first addmit that I know more about the ingredients in a Mountain dew than the words I should live by, ( I am working on that) Here is my question, what is the period of time after B.C but before A.D ? I am sure this is a basic question, I just need to know.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Re: Re: Re: longtime lurker

Re: Re: Re: longtime lurker

Originally posted by Turbo

:D Thanks.

That's one of the avatars I contributed. It's from the same painter, Alex Ross, that painted my current avatar and Knight's old Captain Marvel avatar.

You wouldn't know anyone that would know how to add some motion to my current avatar would you?

My previous one was cool because it spun around but it was black and white (a.k.a. BORING!!!).

Anyway thank for answer my email question. Let Knight know that having the option to turn off email notification would be a nice upgrade!

Clete

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You wouldn't know anyone that would know how to add some motion to my current avatar would you?
I might be able to help you out, but I'm not sure. I don't think that design would work well rotating because the colors aren't the same on each spoke.

My previous one was cool because it spun around but it was black and white (a.k.a. BORING!!!).
I thought it was cool.

Anyway thank for answer my email question. Let Knight know that having the option to turn off email notification would be a nice upgrade!
Yeah, I asked him about that several months ago. I'm sure he'll see your post here, too.

:help: :knight:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by avoice

Ok Knight, I have a question, I must first addmit that I know more about the ingredients in a Mountain dew than the words I should live by, ( I am working on that) Here is my question, what is the period of time after B.C but before A.D ? I am sure this is a basic question, I just need to know.
I hope you don't mind if I take this one, too.

1 A.D. is the year that followed 1 B.C. There was no period of time between the two.

Some people have a misconception that A.D. stands for After Death (of Christ). It actually stands for anno Domini, which is Latin for "in the year of our Lord."

Welcome to TOL, avoice!

avoice

Thank You Turbo, I have asked that question before, of other people, and have never gotten such an easy to understand answer, again, thank you.:thumb:

Sozo

Originally posted by Turbo

1 A.D. is the year that followed 1 B.C. There was no period of time between the two.

Some people have a misconception that A.D. stands for After Death (of Christ). It actually stands for anno Domini, which is Latin for "in the year of our Lord."

:doh:

I thought it was:

B.C. ... Before Cross

A.D. ... After De Cross

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by avoice

Thank You Turbo, I have asked that question before, of other people, and have never gotten such an easy to understand answer, again, thank you.:thumb:
You're welcome. :D

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
[
Originally posted by Lucky

I can get the avatar to spin, but some of the frames look fuzzy.

Getting the colors to cycle through the knot is really what I want it to do. Simply spinning around wouldn't really work because it is somewhat asymmetrical.

Any chance you know how to get the colors to cycle around the knot? That would be super cool!

Clete

Lucky

Hall of Fame

Getting the colors to cycle through the knot is really what I want it to do. Simply spinning around wouldn't really work because it is somewhat asymmetrical.

Any chance you know how to get the colors to cycle around the knot? That would be super cool!
Yikes! No way I could pull that off. Turbo, it's all up to you now.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lucky

Why does it seem like I hardly ever get banner ads on the top of the TOL page? 8 times out of 10 it's the God 6.0 banner. How am I supposed to rack up the TOL piggybank if I don't get the ones to click on?
The top banner spot tracks a user's habits (so to speak).

If a banner has been clicked on it will not feed that banner as much knowing you have already clicked on it.

Brother Vinny

How do we come by a biblical canon of 66 books, being sure that only those 66 books are the inspired Word of God, and that no spurious works were included, and no inspired works left out?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Knight,

Is there a way I can keep TOL from automatically sending me an email every time someone posts on a thread that I'm subscribed to? I'm on the site itself often enough to keep up on my own, the emails just get deleted.

Thanks!,
Clete
In your user "profile" click....

"View All Subscribed Threads"

Then "Unsubscribe" to any threads you no longer wish to get e-mail from.

Status
Not open for further replies.