Changed by TOL

Damian

How many of you would say that you have changed...

...theologically, politically, etc....

...since you have been an active participator on TOL.

NOTE: This change need not be as a direct result of being on TOL (through the ideas and words of others), although those stories, I think, would be the most interesting.

Thanks.

My basic beliefs have simply been reinforced.

Damian

Several of you have now said that you have become, in some respects, more tolerant of diverse opinion.

Are there any here that would say (or be willing to admit) that the opposite is true? Have any of you become less tolerant...either politically or with regard to religion?

I freely admit that I have no tolerance whatsoever for intellectual dishonesty.

Arthur Brain

You're easily impressed. :rolleyes: A perverted dog avatar for Granite is just about right.

It comes to something where even Nick M is calling your signature sad SD. A rare occasion of complete agreement. You're a loon and probably have the most appropriately goofy avatar on this entire forum....

:hammer:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many of you would say that you have changed...

...theologically, politically, etc....

...since you have been an active participator on TOL.

NOTE: This change need not be as a direct result of being on TOL (through the ideas and words of others), although those stories, I think, would be the most interesting.

Thanks.

An oldie but rather reminiscent of the current social, religious and political environment.

While some things will never change insofar as my being an advocate supporter of the DP and vehemently against abortion, I have recently considered several key issues over the last year and half.

Gun laws ... need to be stricter. Too many loons.

Hate speech, hate crime laws and legislation ... I am now a full supporter of these things. My position was previously based on two issues: freedom of thought/speech and not wishing to bow to the mantra of political correctness. HOWEVER, seeing the hostility, attempts at voter suppression and the racial violence that was emboldened due to this last presidential election and followed into the White House, I now understand the concern and need for such laws. BTW, *White* House. It currently fits.

I use to be for "school choice" under the banner of helping kids go to private school under the circumstance that it not take away from the public school system. No more. Thank you, Betsy De Vos.

Healthcare .... REAL healthcare. For ALL. Lower to no premiums. Use the money put aside for the ridiculous wall.

No doubt, I will think of more and add them later ...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
An oldie but rather reminiscent of the current social, religious and political environment.

While some things will never change insofar as my being an advocate supporter of the DP and vehemently against abortion, I have recently considered several key issues over the last year and half.

Hate speech, hate crime laws and legislation ... I am now a full supporter of these things. My position was previously based on two issues: freedom of thought/speech and not wishing to bow to the mantra of political correctness. HOWEVER, seeing the hostility, attempts at voter suppression and the racial violence that was emboldened due to this last presidential election and followed into the White House, I now understand the concern and need for such laws. BTW, *White* House. It currently fits.

I use to be for "school choice" under the banner of helping kids go to private school under the circumstance that it not take away from the public school system. No more. Thank you, Betsy De Vos.

Healthcare .... REAL healthcare. For ALL. Lower to no premiums. Use the money put aside for the ridiculous wall.

So, you say youve gone from a moderate, to a full blown facist who wants to force your opinion and ideals on others?

glorydaz

So, you say youve gone from a moderate, to a full blown facist who wants to force your opinion and ideals on others?

She's not blaming that on TOL is she? She needs to give credit where credit is due - Donald J. Trump. :thumb:

All the little liberal housewives and their namby pamby husbands have jointed the resistance. Cute little pink hats and big mouths spewing out intolerance and hate. And they love the black masks who do their dirty work for them....it makes them feel strong.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

In other words, "I've been brainwashed by mainstream media"

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
She's not blaming that on TOL is she? She needs to give credit where credit is due - Donald J. Trump. :thumb:

All the little liberal housewives and their namby pamby husbands have jointed the resistance. Cute little pink hats and big mouths spewing out intolerance and hate. And they love the black masks who do their dirty work for them....it makes them feel strong.

You mean the tuti (vagina for those who dont know this word) hats all the liberal chicks are wearing to destruction events to protest being reduced to their sex parts while openly wearing a sex part that reduces them to that?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I hope you do add more later, Rusha. I enjoyed reading how some of your views have changed over time, and why.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I hope you do add more later, Rusha. I enjoyed reading how some of your views have changed over time, and why.

And ill bet she enjoys that you now claim to reject God too and youve also moved way left.

Shows that far left is incompatible with God doesn't it?

I have good news for you both though, if you were either ever actually a believer, God hasn't rejected you.

Arthur Brain

Rusha has never changed. She is always been for them. She fooled Knight and others....

"Fooled" in what sense? Rusha never claimed to be a Christian or on the far right from the get go. She hasn't suddenly "changed" from one thing to the other and her staunchness regarding abortion has been consistent all the way through - and it's a lot more so than yours who only seem to care as long as it's Western babies in question. I've never been as hardline as Rusha on the topic but her consistency on the matter is beyond dispute. The only thing you've been consistent on is being a childish, bloodthirsty, bile filled dipstick.

Congrats...

:plain:

Arthur Brain

"Full blown fascist"?

:AMR:

Dunno how you're working that one out from what Rusha said. It's not like she's advocating for laws demanding that people be locked up or executed for "immorality" like certain far right theocrats do so on here...

:rolleyes:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Fooled" in what sense? Rusha never claimed to be a Christian or on the far right from the get go. She hasn't suddenly "changed" from one thing to the other and her staunchness regarding abortion has been consistent all the way through - and it's a lot more so than yours who only seem to care as long as it's Western babies in question. I've never been as hardline as Rusha on the topic but her consistency on the matter is beyond dispute. The only thing you've been consistent on is being a childish, bloodthirsty, bile filled dipstick.

Congrats...

:plain:

No, I represent *my* viewpoints regardless of who agrees with me. IF I was ashamed of my views or wanted to pretend to be someone I am not, easy to remedy: I would create another ID and claim to be a new poster. Not interested in that type of dishonest nonsense.

"Full blown fascist"? :AMR:

Dunno how you're working that one out from what Rusha said. It's not like she's advocating for laws demanding that people be locked up or executed for "immorality" like certain far right theocrats do so on here...

:rolleyes:

No, I am too moral to wish or advocate harm on others for petty grievances and differences of opinion.

Arthur Brain

No, I represent *my* viewpoints regardless of who agrees with me. IF I was ashamed of my views or wanted to pretend to be someone I am not, easy to remedy: I would create another ID and claim to be a new poster. Not interested in that type of dishonest nonsense.

Anyone who's known you and not some crank of one sort or another wouldn't disagree. Nick...well, he's Nick, enough said.

No, I am too moral to wish or advocate harm on others for petty grievances and differences of opinion.

That would be an "immoral" viewpoint for some on the far right who think people should be put to death, based on their own puritanism. Then again, some of those nutballs also think they're under threat of being persecuted to the extent of the Holocaust so hey...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Anyone who's known you and not some crank of one sort or another wouldn't disagree. Nick...well, he's Nick, enough said.

That would be an "immoral" viewpoint for some on the far right who think people should be put to death, based on their own puritanism. Then again, some of those nutballs also think they're under threat of being persecuted to the extent of the Holocaust so hey...