2008 Truthsmack Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

I might add, as an add on to the PM, that on the website and on my MFL program for live scoring had Manning. Rodgers was never listed as a starter. After looking at it now, I finally found the transaction page and it shows jefferson submitting Rodgers first, on Fri. then a few minutes later, he resubmitted twice without Rodgers.

drbrumley

1. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 15: Manning, Peyton IND QB;Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Jackson, Fred BUF RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Rackers, Neil ARI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def Sun Dec 21 12:54:04 a.m. ET 2008
2. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 15: Manning, Peyton IND QB;Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Gore, Frank SFO RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Rackers, Neil ARI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def Sun Dec 21 12:51:07 a.m. ET 2008
3. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 16: Manning, Peyton IND QB;Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Royal, Eddie DEN WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Akers, David PHI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def Sat Dec 20 4:51:59 p.m. ET 2008
4. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 16: Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Royal, Eddie DEN WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Akers, David PHI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def Sat Dec 20 11:23:50 a.m. ET 2008
5. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 16: Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB;Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Royal, Eddie DEN WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Akers, David PHI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def Fri Dec 19 1:16:57 p.m. ET 2008
6. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 16: Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Royal, Eddie DEN WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Akers, David PHI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def

Lucky

Hall of Fame
From the transactions page:
Waiver requests, lineup submissions and trade proposals are only displayed to the franchise owner(s) directly involved, and the league commissioner. Other franchise owners cannot see those records.

I definitely do not like the fact that all owners cannot see the lineup submissions of all owners. With Sportsline, anyone could see when and how starting lineups were made, and it would note if the lineup was altered by the commissioner for whatever reason.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 15: Manning, Peyton IND QB;Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Jackson, Fred BUF RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Rackers, Neil ARI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def Sun Dec 21 12:54:04 a.m. ET 2008
2. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 15: Manning, Peyton IND QB;Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Gore, Frank SFO RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Rackers, Neil ARI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def Sun Dec 21 12:51:07 a.m. ET 2008
3. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 16: Manning, Peyton IND QB;Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Royal, Eddie DEN WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Akers, David PHI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def Sat Dec 20 4:51:59 p.m. ET 2008
4. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 16: Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Royal, Eddie DEN WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Akers, David PHI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def Sat Dec 20 11:23:50 a.m. ET 2008
5. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 16: Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB;Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Royal, Eddie DEN WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Akers, David PHI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def Fri Dec 19 1:16:57 p.m. ET 2008
6. Jefferson's Troglodytes Lineup Submission Started For Week 16: Brown, Ronnie MIA RB;Jackson, Steven STL RB;Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR;Holt, Torry STL WR;Royal, Eddie DEN WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE;Akers, David PHI PK;Bears, Chicago CHI Def
I don't understand what all of that means.

Did he get in his starters in on time or not?

Because Rogers was listed as his starter all along (well after the Colts game) and now all of the sudden Manning is listed as the starter.

In your PM you stated...
He also left the QB position unchecked as he indicated here. I assumed since he has played Manning every week anyway, this was his intention.
Well.... I was always under the impression that getting our starters in on time was part of the game.

How can the commissioner know our "intentions"? :idunno:

I certainly don't want to be a "problem maker" but this doesn't seem fair to me. But maybe I am missing something in translation??

drbrumley

From the transactions page:
Waiver requests, lineup submissions and trade proposals are only displayed to the franchise owner(s) directly involved, and the league commissioner. Other franchise owners cannot see those records.

I definitely do not like the fact that all owners cannot see the lineup submissions of all owners. With Sportsline, anyone could see when and how starting lineups were made, and it would note if the lineup was altered by the commissioner for whatever reason.

Wow, I thought everyone could see it. I did alter it, since I had asked Jefferson why he was not starting and then on my MFL program he came up as starting. Then he sent me a message on my profile. Look at it if you wish. I agree, maybe there is a setting I can change to let everyone see it. :idunno: Like I said, I assumed since manning was coming up on my MFL program he indeed was starting Manning. Nobody is cheating, that I know.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
doc even you asked Jefferson on the 19th on his profile page...
Um, why did you bench Manning?
What am I missing here?

Again, if there is something I am missing I will gladly comply.

drbrumley

I don't understand what all of that means.

Did he get in his starters in on time or not?

Because Rogers was listed as his starter all along (well after the Colts game) and now all of the sudden Manning is listed as the starter.

In your PM you stated...Well.... I was always under the impression that getting our starters in on time was part of the game.

How can the commissioner know our "intentions"? :idunno:

I certainly don't want to be a "problem maker" but this doesn't seem fair to me. But maybe I am missing something in translation??

As far as I can tell, he got 9 players starting, not counting Manning, since he submitted a lineup without a starting QB as the above indicates. And just like CBS, in the event of a Saturday or Thursday game, an owner is allowed to make changes to his lineup provided his player is not locked (meaning players game has not started) otherwise it falls on me. And since this is the playoffs, I am the only one who can change a player after the game has started due to injury or not playing. But that is old news since we have been playing this way for years. It looks different from CBS but it isn't.

drbrumley

In this case, after further review, in fact he did submit Rodgers, then didn't.

What do you want me to do about it? He literally took a player out of his starting lineup. My bad for assuming Manning if indeed that was not his intent but I believe it was as his statement in my profile attests.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
I didn't get around to submitting my lineup until Friday morning after the Colts game. Therefore the site didn't allow me to choose him. I got a warning stating I needed to select one quarterback. So I selected Aaron Rodgers. But I've noticed before that the points for the highlighted starters automatically are calculated for your team when you select too few players for that postion. So I unchecked Aaron Rodgers. I'm hoping I'll get the points for Manning even though it's not allowing me to check his box.
If Jefferson did not set his lineup until Friday, then this rule seems to apply...
1) Lineups must be submitted for every week of the playoffs. Carry-over lineups from the previous week(s) are not valid.
...in which case, only players that haven't yet played should be available to him.

drbrumley

If Jefferson did not set his lineup until Friday, then this rule seems to apply...

...in which case, only players that haven't yet played should be available to him.

Your right......I did give the benefit of the doubt though. I am wrong then.......

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As far as I can tell, he got 9 players starting, not counting Manning, since he submitted a lineup without a starting QB as the above indicates. And just like CBS, in the event of a Saturday or Thursday game, an owner is allowed to make changes to his lineup provided his player is not locked (meaning players game has not started) otherwise it falls on me. And since this is the playoffs, I am the only one who can change a player after the game has started due to injury or not playing. But that is old news since we have been playing this way for years. It looks different from CBS but it isn't.
But Manning had already played. I could understand helping him out if his player had not yet played. But Manning had already played! To me, it seems like allowing him to start Rogers would be the "the favor" because Rogers hasn't played yet.

In most leagues if you forget to submit your starters it's just too bad and you are out of luck.

Jefferson has three QB's.

Manning
Rogers
Flacco

Manning played the early game on Thursday but Jefferson forgot to submit his lineup (if I understand you correctly), therefore the commissioner could have granted him the chance to start a QB that hadn't played yet: Rogers or Flacco.

Can somebody else comment here because I don't want to look like a jerk and maybe I am missing something here.

drbrumley

But Manning had already played. I could understand helping him out if his player had not yet played. But Manning had already played! To me, it seems like allowing him to start Rogers would be the "the favor" because Rogers hasn't played yet.

In most leagues if you forget to submit your starters it's just too bad and you are out of luck.

Jefferson has three QB's.

Manning
Rogers
Flacco

Manning played the early game on Thursday but Jefferson forgot to submit his lineup (if I understand you correctly), therefore the commissioner could have granted him the chance to start a QB that hadn't played yet: Rogers or Flacco.

Can somebody else comment here because I don't want to look like a jerk and maybe I am missing something here.

No your not being a jerk. Your right, I gave the benefit of the doubt to Jefferson since he has played manning almost exclusively. My fault.

drbrumley

I'm willing to listen. I want this to be fair for everyone. What does Jefferson say?

I don't know what jefferson says. I gave everything he told me in your PM I sent. I will let him know this became an issue, not necessarily with him but with me, since I assumed and gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know what jefferson says. I gave everything he told me in your PM I sent. I will let him know this became an issue, not necessarily with him but with me, since I assumed and gave him the benefit of the doubt.
Well in fairness.... it was his fault also. He forgot to finalize his lineup prior to the first game of the week.

drbrumley

Well in fairness.... it was his fault also. He forgot to finalize his lineup prior to the first game of the week.

Well, that's true. I have been on alot of owners butts in recent weeks about this and revved it up a notch since it was playoff time, and since I know jefferson has not lied to me ever, like I said, I caved in I guess. Without thinking about it and that's my fault.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, that's true. I have been on alot of owners butts in recent weeks about this and revved it up a notch since it was playoff time, and since I know jefferson has not lied to me ever, like I said, I caved in I guess. Without thinking about it and that's my fault.
Well nobody is accusing anyone of lying of course.

After all, Jefferson himself admitted on your profile page that he didn't get his starters in until Friday (the day after manning played).

That's why it's really important that with stick with the rules that we have agreed upon even if it stinks for one of our friends. Hopefully for Jefferson Rogers will go off for 50 points and make me wish I had kept my mouth shut! :chuckle:

drbrumley

Well nobody is accusing anyone of lying of course.

I know, maybe the wrong word.

After all, Jefferson himself admitted on your profile page that he didn't get his starters in until Friday (the day after manning played).

That's why it's really important that with stick with the rules that we have agreed upon even if it stinks for one of our friends. Hopefully for Jefferson Rogers will go off for 50 points and make me wish I had kept my mouth shut! :chuckle:

True. I just didnt think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.