2008 Truthsmack Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I can't believe I lost my game this week. My team totally crapped out on me and yet I only lost by 4 points. To a team that hasn't logged-in in 3 months. This really sucks. I should be the one going to the playoffs. :sigh:

drbrumley

Current as of tonight's game, I think this will stand up after tomorrows game as well. We shall see.

1. AA's Annihilators
2. Jefferson's Troglodytes
3. Knight's Avalanche
4. All Blacks
5. PC Gators
6. Rag Tag's Rangers
7. Wayne's Wyverns
8. Texas Revolutionaries
9. PK's Gospel Preachers
10. Pinguino's Predomination
11. One Bad Pig
12. Razorbacks

drbrumley

I can't believe I lost my game this week. My team totally crapped out on me and yet I only lost by 4 points. To a team that hasn't logged-in in 3 months. This really sucks. I should be the one going to the playoffs. :sigh:

Your not out of the hunt yet.

drbrumley

Unofficial seedings thus far, the only difference being if Razorbacks score 32.6 points between 3 players and DeAngelo williams gets 0 (highly unlikely) to unseat Jefferson at the #2 seed.

1. RagTag's Rangers
2 Jefferson's Troglodytes
3. Knight's Avalanche
4. AA's Annihilators
5. PC Pirates
6. All Blacks

So the winners championship bracket should be like this:

RagTag and Jefferson receive 1st round Bye's

All Blacks @ Knight's Avalanche
PC Pirates @ AA's Annihilators

In the 1st Pick Playoffs, once I figure out the seedings, I will post them here.

As a reminder,

1) Lineups must be submitted for every week of the playoffs. Carry-over lineups from the previous week(s) are not valid.

2) During the playoffs, teams will be allowed to submit a list of backups (one per position) that will be used if a starter does not play or is injured in the first half of his game and doesn't return. Proof of this must be obtained from NFL.com via the play by play account of the game or be picked up by an agreed upon news source.

The seedings are subject to change, and official seedings will be posted Monday Night after the game.

Last edited:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
1) Lineups must be submitted for every week of the playoffs. Carry-over lineups from the previous week(s) are not valid.
This is a good rule but I'd like to see it taken a step further. There is no way a team that hasn't participated all year (All Blacks) should be allowed into the playoffs. And I'm not arguing this so I can have his playoff spot either. I just don't think it's right. A computer picked his team and set his lineup every week.

Next year I would like our league to have more rules regarding participation. Examples:

No automated, computer-generated ranking for draft. You manually set your own ranking of the players before or during the draft. Cheat sheets are fine because you still have to decide on which to use and then manually set your ranking.

A three strike rule for setting lineups. Your lineup can carry over to the next week only twice during the season. The third time you fail to set your lineup, you will forfeit that game. If it happens again, we should be looking for someone else to take over the team.

drbrumley

This is a good rule but I'd like to see it taken a step further. There is no way a team that hasn't participated all year (All Blacks) should be allowed into the playoffs. And I'm not arguing this so I can have his playoff spot either. I just don't think it's right. A computer picked his team and set his lineup every week.

Next year I would like our league to have more rules regarding participation. Examples:

No automated, computer-generated ranking for draft. You manually set your own ranking of the players before or during the draft. Cheat sheets are fine because you still have to decide on which to use and then manually set your ranking.

A three strike rule for setting lineups. Your lineup can carry over to the next week only twice during the season. The third time you fail to set your lineup, you will forfeit that game. If it happens again, we should be looking for someone else to take over the team.

I understand your frustration Lucky, but in fairness to Stripe; well maybe not fairness but here is what happened this season. Stripe did let me know he could not set his teams lineup at all. All this can be viewed on our conversation page in our profiles. So I got back to him and emailed him a new password to the League site. Then I PMed him if everything was ok and I didn't hear anything back so I assumed he could get on. And I let it go from then on till a couple weeks ago when I really started hounding him about it. He informed me he was having the same problem still, so I emailed him again a new password. After another day of hounding him, he came back and said he had the same problem but this time he supplied me with a link to the site. Come to find out, he was trying to use CBS Sportsline and not the MFL site we use now. He missed the part about the switch so I am not going to penalize him. It could and should have been better communication on both our parts.

But I will save your rule change requests for next year and put it up for everyone to see and vote upon.

assuranceagent

If RagTag wins, he overtakes AA for the Division title. Talk about a wild turn of events.

Yeah. Injuries plagued me this season. Lost my top QB in the first game, then my secondary QB a few weeks ago, then my top RB and my secondary RB has had some of his own problems :sigh:

All in all though, I can't complain. My guys did quite well, considering. And it's cool to see RagTag take the division being his first time and all. :thumb:

Looking forward to the playoffs!

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I understand your frustration Lucky, but in fairness to Stripe...
I see. I probably shouldn't have singled out him but it was just an example. My own cousin failed to set his lineup most of the time too. :doh:
But I will save your rule change requests for next year and put it up for everyone to see and vote upon.
:up:
I planned it that way. I wanted Lucky to feel like he had a chance so I intentionally started a QB that would get -.5 points. :D
:madmad:

My team really fizzled out the last two weeks. My guaranteed 10 pointers became duds and my stars became mere 10 pointers. :idunno:

drbrumley

The divisional lineups are set for next year. Not much difference this year, but we do have E4E joining the AoS Division and TruthSmack division losing Wayne's Wyverns but gaining PastorKevin and One Bad Pig. Pinguino's Predomination also joins the TOL Division.

TOL Division

RagTag's Rangers (RagTag)
AA Annihilators (assuranceagent)
Wayne's Wyverns (No name here, PK's son)
Pinguino's Predomination (Mr. 5020)

TRUTHSMACK Division

Jefferson's Troglodytes (Jefferson)
PC Pirates (DRBrumley)
PK's Gospel preachers (PastorKevin)
One Bad Pig (No name here that I know of)

ART OF SMACK Division

Knight's Avalanche (Knight)
All Blacks (Stripe)
Texas Revolutionaries (Lucky)
Razorbacks (Elected4Ever)

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The divisional lineups are set for next year. Not much difference this year, but we do have E4E joining the AoS Division and TruthSmack division losing Wayne's Wyverns but gaining PastorKevin and One Bad Pig. Pinguino's Predomination also joins the TOL Division.

TOL Division

RagTag's Rangers
AA Annihilators
Wayne's Wyverns
Pinguino's Predomination

TRUTHSMACK Division

Jefferson's Troglodytes
PC Pirates
PK's Gospel preachers
One Bad Pig

ART OF SMACK Division

Knight's Avalanche
All Blacks
Texas Revolutionaries
Razorbacks
Can you repost this with the team owners next to the team names?

Status
Not open for further replies.