A key to understanding the Bible for a Catholic.

bucksplasher

On Second Thought

On Second Thought

And why I'm up earlier than normal on a Sunday...I decided people were right and I should clean up my body.

Originally I was attempting to take the traditional "last seat in the back of the church" Catholic humility thing. I'll stay with this theme but I've decided that I can be an insignificant but more scripturally sound body part by becomeing....Taaa...taaa and the drums roooooollll...."The hair in the left nostril of the Body of Christ that feels the Spirit come in and the Spirit go out."

Thanks for setting me right.

tWINs

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
And why I'm up earlier than normal on a Sunday...I decided people were right and I should clean up my body.

Originally I was attempting to take the traditional "last seat in the back of the church" Catholic humility thing. I'll stay with this theme but I've decided that I can be an insignificant but more scripturally sound body part by becomeing....Taaa...taaa and the drums roooooollll...."The hair in the left nostril of the Body of Christ that feels the Spirit come in and the Spirit go out."

Thanks for setting me right.

tWINs
Just fyi, the Spirit never goes out once it comes in.

bucksplasher

Maybe

Maybe

Just fyi, the Spirit never goes out once it comes in.

And here I thought I was trying to share the Spirit with you and you me. I'm sorry if I was mistaken.

1Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, 2where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry. luke 4:1-2

I (as a Christ follower and Temple of the Holy Spirit) would appear to have the Spirit within, and also without, leading me. I thought the breath of life was another wording for Holy Spirit. tWINs

Energy Recruitment

BANNED
Banned
A key to understanding the Bible for a Catholic.

These three points are essential to a basic understanding of the bible:

God is indeed the principal author of Sacred Scripture.
God made use of specific people that wrote in a human language, and did so at a particular time and place in history.
At times we have to work carefully to determine exactly what a sacred author is asserting to be true, distinguishing that from something he's using as an image to help us understand the truth more clearly.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Must be infuriating to be on the right side, and see the other side continuously growing and thriving in God's grace.

Life is unfair, I guess.