Post of the day...Idiot variety

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ZO

So anyone who practices the rhythm method is committing sin?
Upon God's direction to Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, would you say it would have been obedience or disobedience for them to tell God that they will have children when it best suits them?

IMJerusha

Are you aware that you are wrong?

Please provide the medical proof that mother and baby can survive a tubal ectopic.

No, you don't.

Be so kind as to explain it to me since you believe me uneducated.
It's my understanding that birth control is the voluntary limiting of human reproduction, using such means as contraception, sexual abstinence, surgical sterilization, and induced abortion. Please recall my question was how can you label all birth control a sin. I do consider some birth control methods to be sinful such as abortifacients and induced abortion.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Upon God's direction to Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, would you say it would have been obedience or disobedience for them to tell God that they will have children when it best suits them?

Is it sinful to practice the rhythm method? I'd like a direct answer, please.

Being fruitful and multiplying does not mean it is necessary to conceive as often as possible. God gave us brains. I think He expects us to use them.

IMJerusha

Baruch HaShem! However, this isn't a tubal but rather abdominal case.
Even so, the chances for the survival of mother and child were three million to one. Their survival is so awesome but not the norm. I asked for medical proof of a tubal survival...not the evidence of the one in three million case of the abdominal.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I have to admit, Lighthouse, that I'm really remembering back to the harsh words you spoke to me months ago. When you brought up that thread, it all came back to me. I have not been following these recent threads because there is nothing of profit coming from any of them. They all end the same way. I see law trumping grace, and I am left shaking my head.
How is law trumping grace?

Projection at it's finest.
It's only projection if it's not true about Artie in the least, and is absolutely true of Nick.

The Hippocratic Oath is not "one individual doctor". Are you also aware that in the case of ectopic pregnancy, there is no saving both mother and child? Additionally, most women aren't even aware there is a tubal pregnancy until just before or after the tube has ruptured. By that time, there is absolutely no chance for the infant's survival and certainly no chance for the woman's survival without the surgery to repair her tube.
And btw, there is nothing arbitrary about the choice to survive. God instilled this in us. His gift of life is not to be treated lightly.
Just because there is no chance the infant will survive does not mean it is necessary to actively kill it. Being unable to save it and intentionally ending its life are two different things.

bybee

It's only projection if it's not true about Artie in the least, and is absolutely true of Nick.

Just because there is no chance the infant will survive does not mean it is necessary to actively kill it. Being unable to save it and intentionally ending its life are two different things.

But, as a woman I must say, are you not advocating the deliberate murder of a woman?

glorydaz

To claim it is a "sin" to use birth control or to make life and death decisions based on RULES of LAW frustrates the Grace of God and means Christ died in vain. What purpose having the indwelling Spirit if we are not to seek HIS will in our individual lives?

Gal. 2:19-21
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​

Man must ever guard against his own self-righteous pronouncements. Do we reach for a rulebook, or do we reach for the Comforter within?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
To claim it is a "sin" to use birth control or to make life and death decisions based on RULES of LAW frustrates the Grace of God and means Christ died in vain. What purpose having the indwelling Spirit if we are not to seek HIS will in our individual lives?
Gal. 2:19-21
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​
Man must ever guard against his own self-righteous pronouncements. Do we reach for a rulebook, or do we reach for the Comforter within?
Does this then apply to all of the law?

S0ZO

Is it sinful to practice the rhythm method? I'd like a direct answer, please.
I gave you a direct answer.

Being fruitful and multiplying does not mean it is necessary to conceive as often as possible. God gave us brains. I think He expects us to use them.
Absolute nonsense. Eve could have said the same thing. In fact, she used her brain and all of mankind suffers because of it. Now we have women today thinking they are more equipped to decide who and who should not be conceived. It is the intent of an evil heart to tell God that you will be in control.

S0ZO

To claim it is a "sin" to use birth control or to make life and death decisions based on RULES of LAW frustrates the Grace of God and means Christ died in vain.
Actually, I believe the opposite to be true. It is the Law that leads us to Christ. It was the Law that led Paul to see that he is dead and needs life. The Law reveals sin, so that those who say they have no sin are proved to be liars.

Grace is meaningless if someone has no need for it. Jesus died for our sins. To claim that what you are doing is not a sin, makes His death in vain.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Actually, I believe the opposite to be true. It is the Law that leads us to Christ. It was the Law that led Paul to see that he is dead and needs life. The Law reveals sin, so that those who say they have no sin are proved to be liars.

Grace is meaningless if someone has no need for it. Jesus died for our sins. To claim that what you are doing is not a sin, makes His death in vain.
:thumb:

glorydaz

Does this then apply to all of the law?

Every jot and tittle. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for all who believe. The purpose of the law is to show men what sin is that they may then turn to God for His mercy and Grace. It is to lead us to Christ. It takes us up to the point of being indwelt by the Spirit and then we walk according to the Spirit...not according to the schoolmaster. Galatians 3:25

We each must seek God's will for our lives. If we don't, we are not walking by faith at all, but by sight.

Romans 14:4-10
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.​

S0ZO

Every jot and tittle. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for all who believe. The purpose of the law is to show men what sin is that they may then turn to God for His mercy and Grace. It is to lead us to Christ. It takes us up to the point of being indwelt by the Spirit and then we walk according to the Spirit...not according to the schoolmaster. Galatians 3:25

We each must seek God's will for our lives. If we don't, we are not walking by faith at all, but by sight.

Romans 14:4-10
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.​

But you would agree that God does not want us to murder, steal, commit adultery, etc., even though we are no longer under the Law, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.