Post of the day...Idiot variety

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

To be free from sin, has nothing to do with you no longer doing those things that the Law would define as sin (such as coveting), but that God is no longer taking your sins into account. This is because you are no longer in the flesh (in Adam; in darkness; etc), but in Christ, and in Him there is no sin. Are you a charismatic? Walking in the Spirit has nothing to do with anything like that. It is about being in Christ, and walking by faith in His finished work, and NOT attempting to be made right with God through obedience to the Law.

That's just bizarre.

It is bizarre since I agree with what you say above, but you aren't willing to hear what I am saying. You're jumping to conclusions, and I suspect it's because I spoke up at all.

Walking in the Spirit has everything to do with being LED by Him. I'm guessing you were thrown off by my use of the word "voice". The Word of God is God speaking to us...it is His voice, and when a verse comes to our mind, it's He that brings it. It's that "still small voice" that offers peace, joy, and comfort. I'm sure you won't argue with that.

Luke 4:1
And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Galatians 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.​

:sigh: This conversation is going nowhere. You're not listening.

We are talking about two different things. :sigh:

True, we aren't on the same page at all, and trying to stay on the same page over the internet is not the easiest thing in the world.

This is getting weird. You are not involved in the coming Seed.

I was using Abraham as an EXAMPLE of someone doing something that others looking on may misconstrue. That's as far as it went.

This is crazy. God does not tell one person one thing, and another person something else. Objective truth is not subjective.

Yep, it's crazy to try and have a conversation when you're talking about one thing and I'm talking about something else entirely. Even my comment about Adam "listening" to Eve got messed up. I was saying (I meant) it wasn't his listening to Eve that got him in trouble, it was his eating (the doing of it). Eve said, "The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat."

Gen. 3:13
And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.​

Adam didn't say he was "beguiled", simply that he took what she gave him and ate it. He willfully chose Eve over God. That was the entire POINT I was making.

Gen. 3:12
And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.​

I do find it odd that both you and Lighthouse go right to the charge of my being Pentecostal. I guess that's one way to give a backhanded slap down. ;)

glorydaz

You stand unarmed because you do not recognize sin. You told me to heed Paul. Why don't you?

"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.…" Just as Paul was when he wrote this, so are you now...not free from your body of death. This is why Paul was so eager to go and be with Yeshua, so he would be free from sin. You lay before new believers an enormous stumbling block all the while condemning yourself as you condemn members of the Body with the evil you post.

You act as if there is no King in Israel. "In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes." (Judges 21:25)
One who would be a living sacrifice is one who does not do what is right in his or her own eyes.

So, you are claiming Paul did the evil he didn't want to do? Are you out of your mind? Paul said to be imitators of him. Would he say that if he was so helpless to do good, and only did what he didn't want to do. :nono:

I get so tired of people falling for Augustine's interpretation of this text. Paul is not that "wretched man" asking WHO shall deliver me. He is speaking as the man under the law and was wretched because of what the LAW COULD NOT DO....in that it was weak through the flesh.

Romans 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Romans 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

IMJerusha

So, you are claiming Paul did the evil he didn't want to do? Are you out of your mind? Paul said to be imitators of him. Would he say that if he was so helpless to do good, and only did what he didn't want to do. :nono:

I get so tired of people falling for Augustine's interpretation of this text. Paul is not that "wretched man" asking WHO shall deliver me. He is speaking as the man under the law and was wretched because of what the LAW COULD NOT DO....in that it was weak through the flesh.

Romans 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Romans 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

If you wish to uphold Paul as Yeshua that is your business. Good thing for Paul he knew his place. 1Timothy 1:15 "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst." Not was...am.

glorydaz

If you wish to uphold Paul as Yeshua that is your business. Good thing for Paul he knew his place. 1Timothy 1:15 "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst." Not was...am.

"Worst", huh? Boy, ya learn something new every day around here. Try a better translation. :chuckle:

2 Corinthians 11:5
For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

2 Corinthians 12:11
I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

Ephesians 2:20
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.​

How about you read the next verse. "That in me FIRST...." Paul is not saying he is the worst sinner ever was, but that he was a sinner saved by grace ....he was the pattern of "longsuffering" to those who follow after and are begotten by his gospel. :nono:

1 Tim. 1:15-16
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"Worst", huh? Boy, ya learn something new every day around here. Try a better translation. :chuckle:

2 Corinthians 11:5
For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

2 Corinthians 12:11
I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

Ephesians 2:20
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.​

How about you read the next verse. "That in me FIRST...." Paul is not saying he is the worst sinner ever was, but that he was a sinner saved by grace ....he was the pattern of "longsuffering" to those who follow after and are begotten by his gospel. :nono:

1 Tim. 1:15-16
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

1 Timothy 1:15New International Version (NIV)

15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

glorydaz

1 Timothy 1:15New International Version (NIV)

15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

Of course the "worker's bible" would translate it so. That way all you workers can say you are just as good as Paul in trying to keep the law......for he was the WORST. :chuckle:

Paul uses himself as an example we should follow...one who did not mind earthly things. If you ever read Paul's letters, you would know this.

Phil. 3:17-19
Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

What sins are you going to charge Paul with, oh worker of iniquity? List them out, and point your finger at him.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2 Thessalonians 3:9
Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So what about the evil you post?

Posting the gospel and chasing away the wolves is not evil. And I will never stop doing it. You can whine, cry, stomp your feet and cry racism like a democrat would to distract, it won't work.

What about the obnoxious lies

Show one. You are a sanctimonious liar and the truth is not in you. It is obvious.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul is first, that is what "proto" is. He is the prototype, he is the pattern. His words. Proto does not mean worst, or "chief", although the Chief of a tribe might be first in many things.

I think idiot of the day carried on long enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.