John W exhorts Lon concerning doctrine

Lon

Not that I didn't agree with him but I very much appreciate the tenor of correction here and he is correct. It is POTD worthy. Thank you.

:first: and thank you, John who is the-dubya.

False dichotomy. Part of the "foundation" of the gospel of Christ is the eternal security of the believer, and you asserting, "Well, as long as they believe Rom 10:9-11 KJV, even if they say , you can lose it,' what's the prob?Can't we all get along?," is akin to asserting:

Believe, but, you gotta keep on believing, and, if you don't, you can be put on trial again, right after you become:

-undead
-unburied
-uncircumcised
-unjustified
-unreconciled
-unsealed
-unadopted
And that is not "good news"-that is bad news.

Implicit in this "you can lose it," is a presuppostion that there is more to it than just believing,on, relying on, having faith in the dbr, as the sole solution to the sin/sins problem.

And I argue, and will continue to argue, that those who reject the eternal security of the believer, are clueless as to what happened 2000+ years ago, and why.

"If someone believes they can lose their salvation, but believes the above, guess what? You are wrong, they aren't wolves."-Lon

By that "argument,"....

If someone believes they can work their way up to them big, pearly gates, but believes the above, guess what? You are wrong, they aren't wolves.

See how that works, Lon?

And, I also argue, that this post should be nominated for "MOAP"(Mother Of All Posts), and "POTY("Post Of the Year.")

"Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers"