Lighthouse's SPOTD 09-14-2013: rocketman on Syria

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Thanks Lighthouse, it would seem many here do not understand the principles of war or what constitutes an act of war. Attacking Syria is an act of war no matter the reason, and if the U.S. has no interest in being involved fully & completely than it should not even throw the first bomb. If the U.S. does decide to involve itself with even one attack then we will be involved because we will have committed an act of war. It is best that we stay out of this conflict nor aid and abed either side, it is not our fight. I do find it amusing that liberals are so eager to get involved in this act of genocide but, where was America when over a million people were slaughtered in Africa a few short years back in Rwanda, what about Sudan, Somolia? I guess the only genocide that they are really concerned with are the ones their god/president Obama is interested in.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Thanks Lighthouse, it would seem many here do not understand the principles of war or what constitutes an act of war. Attacking Syria is an act of war no matter the reason, and if the U.S. has no interest in being involved fully & completely than it should not even throw the first bomb. If the U.S. does decide to involve itself with even one attack then we will be involved because we will have committed an act of war. It is best that we stay out of this conflict nor aid and abed either side, it is not our fight. I do find it amusing that liberals are so eager to get involved in this act of genocide but, where was America when over a million people were slaughtered in Africa a few short years back in Rwanda, what about Sudan, Somolia? I guess the only genocide that they are really concerned with are the ones their god/president Obama is interested in.
:thumb:

Christian Liberty

Yeah, there's some truth to that. They don't really have any principled opposition to interventionism, they just have a knee jerk opposition to it when GOP presidents do it. With a few principled exceptions, they're mostly useless to the liberty movement (Of course, even those few are usually inconsistent, but at least people like Chomsky are opposed to warmongering no matter who the Pres. is.)