Choleric lays downs the SMACK

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Choleric battling with those that claim the keeping of the law is necessary to remain saved.

Why do you insist on lying? You say that you aren't trying ot keep the law for salvation and in the next post you tell people they have to keep it to "stay in Yeshua" (your words). Make up your mind. Either you have to do things to be saved (what you call "stay in Yeshua") or God gives you His righteousness as a free gift.

You are doing the first, trying your best to "stay in Yeshua" by performing. By definition you are attempting to establish your own righteousness and you cannot ever make it good enough to save you.

You are lost and duty bound to keep the whole law, or you can allow the law to do what it was intended to do which is "stop your mouth and show you your guilt" (Rom 3:19). then you are to repent of trying to be good enough and accept Jesus' righteousness as a free gift imputed to you by faith. You are worried about your righteousness and you are attempting to earn it by "staying in Yeshua".

You are going about to establish your own righteousness which is a filthy rag. You will die in your sins and Moses will be your judge if you do not repent of your dead works and place your faith in Christ alone and His righteousness.

So glad TOL has folks like you, Choleric!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great smack and thanks for showing me this.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We don't have to keep the law but we have to be righteous and our righteousness must exceed the righteousness of the Pharibums. If Christ is truly living IN US [living out His life, manifesting Himself in our flesh] we will be seen to be righteous as well as actually being righteous.

This is not about attaining righteousness for we are but it is about manifesting it to the world.

IMJerusha

That depends on whether you washed yourself or you've been washed in the blood of the Lamb.

Interesting. Well, since I chose to believe in Yeshua and take Him for my Lord, submitting in obedience to God's Will, what does that mean to you? How exactly does your "depends" play out for you? I know how it plays out for me.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What do you mean by "we don't have to keep the law?"

Do you teach others to not murder people? Yes or no.

If you do, it follows you are telling them to keep the law.

We are far, far above the law...far, far

We's teaching "love your enemies do good to him......" the reason so many christians [particularly on the right] exhibit so much "righteous" rage and indignation is because they are law bound.

Love the homos, love the liberals, love the aborters of babies ...but you don't do you....

[I am not saying you personally]

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I agree.
But let me ask you this: Why do we not have to keep the law?

Righteousness is the focus, we must attain to righteousness. The law failed to accomplish it. We have it as free gift.

Righteousness is the place in which we stand before God, having attained this place by the merits of Christ and Him only we have to now learn how to walk in God's sight and in His very Presence.

"I will walk in them and I will be their God and they will be My people and their sins and iniquities I will remember no more"

But to many this is only a doctrine...not a present reality, not a day by day experience. They still speak of God as though He were afar off in heaven remote.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm asking that everyone please take the arguments to the thread this SPOTD originated.

Thanks.