Outstanding post by psalmist

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

toldailytopic: How does God handle babies when they die?

I would like to think that God handles babies at their death the same way a mother does when she her baby is born...Loved, caressed and welcomed home...I believe He does.

I would like to think that God handles babies at their death, like parents do when they have a new arrival in their family...With a song in the air, and an excitement for the new arrival in heaven...I believe they are.

I don't know how many here on TOL have lost children to death, believe me it is hard to forget the moment it happens, or happens twice. I've seen the look in that mother's eyes, and the only words at those early minutes were, "Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast, there by His love o'ershaded, sweetly my baby's soul shall rest," from the hymn "Safe In The Arms Of Jesus" — I believe what that mother said was true, it came from her heart, I was there.

From the days I was a funeral director, I was assigned to three different funerals for babies, and one grown child; out of all the those who attend and are touched by the death of those babies and child, it is the mother who knows the most sadness and a hard pressing grief, and yet that mother knows the most sweet presence of the Lord, and I believe a mother's faith is strong.

In ministering I have officiated a a few funerals for babies, those are the tough ones with the toughest of questions, to which I often reply as thate mother replied, "Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast, there by His love o’ershaded, sweetly this baby's soul shall rest."

A baby dying, that is something that no parent should have to go through, believe me I've (we have) been there.

For a moment apart from what Jesus was doing in dying on the cross, picture Mary and imagine how Mary felt when she saw her son, Jesus, dying, and think of a young mother/and father watching their baby child die, what would you really think.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Status
Not open for further replies.