Knight's POTD 05-30-2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I’ve been receiving a lot of criticism and ridicule from liberal lesbians and flaming feminists because I am a loving wife, a homemaker and homeschooler who finds great fulfillment operating in the role God designed me to be in by staying home with my children and taking care of my family. I’m told that I’m, oppressed, brainwashed, ignorant, uneducated and I need to “get a job”.

Well according to new research analysis completed by Salary.com, stay-at-home moms would earn a six-figure salary if they got paid for all the hard work and endless hours they invest in their family's lives.

Raising children to be productive members of society is an invaluable contribution. But you don't get cold cash for that kind of work - Unfortunately, this society values only those economic contributions one makes outside of the home and women who choose to stay home instead of putting their children in daycare are looked down upon for not having a "real" job.

Running a household is more comparable, perhaps, to a top manager's job – a manager who in the workforce might make in the low six figures.

The job descriptions that Salary.com used to determine a mom's salary includes 10 jobs that moms do on an average day: housekeeper, day care center teacher, cook, computer operator, laundry machine operator, janitor, facilities manager, van driver, CEO and psychologist. This doesn't include the extra job as a homeschooler for those moms who choose to keep their kids out of public school and educate them in at home.

In calculating a mom's wages, Salary.com looked at the "overtime" that both working and stay-at-home moms put in each week.

"Mom works multiple jobs and rarely gets a break from the action, working an average of 52 hours of overtime," said Bill Coleman, senior vice president at Salary.com, in a statement.

According to the Salary.com survey, stay-at-home moms work a 92-hour week, with more than half the workweek spent in overtime.

Stay-at-home moms have a tremendous responsibility in raising their children and it’s extremely difficult to put a true price on an annual salary for stay-at-home moms because they are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week with only a few, if any, chances to relax.

While I may have given up a glamorous career in the corporate world with a paid salary, benefits to accept the unpaid position as a full-time wife, mother and homemaker, the rewards and blessings of raising my children and fulfilling God’s design for my life are absolutely priceless, and I wouldn’t change it for anything - even a six-figure salary.

So for all you ladies who love your family and value your children enough to stay at home to raise them yourselves - GREAT JOB & Keep up the Good Work! :up:

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in TRUTH." - 1 John 3:4

:first:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.