Knight's POTD 04-30-2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am finally convinced that Jesus is God, died for my sins and rose again. This was good news for a sinner like me. I thought for sure there was really no hope for somebody who did such horrible things as I. Oh of course, I went to church as a kid, was babtized in the church, and even was homeschooled in a Christian school, but I still sinned anyway and pretended I loved Jesus, and when it was time for me to go on my own, I simply walked away from it all and continued to do what I wanted to do. Then I discovered that Jesus is not some etherial thought or some kind of thing to browbeat people over to obey. I find out He is a real person. How about that?

Now that have asked Jesus to come in my life and repent for the bad deeds I did, there lies a long road ahead. Not just in my own life, but those around me as well. My family is not Christian, my friends are not Christian, and basically it seems to me it may be difficult to follow that narrow path when there are those very close and I love very much who will try to dissuade or even reject me because of this. Now how does one live the new life Jesus gave me and so many others follow Jesus in an un-Christian ciricle of family and friends?

Thank you for your time.

Do you mind if I ask the obvious question?

Why the conversion? What were some of the reasons that you gave in to truth?

The biggest reason is somehow the way I was going about things were not working. My own actions, "good" deeds and floating through this life without meaning or direction just somehow was not making sense.

So for the last few months have been studying who Christ was, what He did and really got me thinking. I did not just appear out of nowhere. The Earth just did not randomly happen. So I re-thought about creation, history, and God's overall plan. Somehow it just made sense. It seemed that has some meaning to it.

Hope that makes some sense.
:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.