Nori's POTD 12-21-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never seen lovemeorhateme's testimony before. He's been in my prayers ever since he joined TOL. After reading his testimony, I couldn't help but make it my POTD:

lovemeorhateme said:
Adam, let me tell you a little about myself. In doing so, I hope it will help you understand where I am coming from.

When I was 14, I 'came out' as a gay person. I did this, after being brought up in a home that was condemning of homosexuality, because of my parents Christian beliefs. I thought, and told them, that their beliefs were wrong. I was very in-your-face, and kept trying to pursuade my parents that I was right and they were wrong. At one point my dad called me a 'shame to the family', and that made me very angry and upset. I couldn't understand why my parents would not accept this homosexuality. I did my best to try and show them that homosexuality is the equivelent to heterosexuality. I did not want to know God, even though I attended Church.

During this time, I even got the help of gay youth groups and the like. I read books on the issue of 'homosexuality and the Bible', and even met the writer of one of these books. I was only researching on homosexuality and the Bible, not because I wanted to 're-interpret' the Bible for myself (as I wasn't a believer), but because I wanted Christians such as my parents to accept me as I was, and it just wasn't happening!

During this time, I, myself, had multiple partners, and convinced myself that I was just seeking love, wanting a long-term relationship with another man.

When I was 16, this was when I first thought about the concept of knowing God, and having a personal relationship with Him. However, I decided that I did not want to be in the Church, as it condemned homosexuality, and I bought the big lie, that homosexuality is a behaviour which one is born with, and one cannot change. So, I decided to go to the Metropolitan Community 'Church', and sure found a whole load of 'Christians' prepared to affirm my lifestyle choices. They agreed with me when I complained about other Churches who condemned homosexuality.

You know what though? Whilst I was going to this Church, I joined TOL. I started posting on here about how homosexuality should be accepted, and even posted some of the exact same stuff on here from the MCC website that you have done on this thread. When I did so, all I seemed to get back was condemnation, and hate. I thought 'this isn't right, a Christian can't hate'. At the same time, I was starting to feel uncomfortable in my own Church, MCC. I don't know whether this was because of the prayers of TOL members, my family, or both. However, I started seeing that these people in MCC were more interested in sleeping around than being in Church. These people were gay first, and Christian second. Something in me told me 'this isn't right, get out of here'. So I did.

I started attending Hillsong Church in London, a right-wing, fundamentalist, evangelical Church. Certainly not a Church that I would have chosen to go to up to that point. I was there for a few months, not exactly sure what to do with my life, and then around last October, I was talking with Knight on one of the TOL threads, and I gave my life to the Lord. Just like that. I entered into a personal relationship with Him. I haven't looked back since.

I'm not saying I haven't had struggles, of course I have! I'm not ready for a relationship with anyone right now either, I will wait for God's timing on that, instead of my own timing. However, I have someone to take those struggles and failures to. He has done so much for me, and He can for you too, but not as long as you are proud in your sin.

The Lord loves you man, He wants to save you, but you need to come to Him, and leave your sin. If you don't, you will go to hell. There's no two ways about it.

You can argue against most of my posts, but you cannot argue against testimony, and that is what I have just shared with you.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
"The Lord loves you man, He wants to save you, but you need to come to Him, and leave your sin. If you don't, you will go to hell. There's no two ways about it.

You can argue against most of my posts, but you cannot argue against testimony, and that is what I have just shared with you."

I hope adam listens. Well said, lmohm :) Great pick, ebenz:)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
"The Lord loves you man, He wants to save you, but you need to come to Him, and leave your sin. If you don't, you will go to hell. There's no two ways about it.

You can argue against most of my posts, but you cannot argue against testimony, and that is what I have just shared with you."

I hope adam listens. Well said, lmohm :) Great pick, ebenz:)

My favorite part of his testimony was:

I'm not saying I haven't had struggles, of course I have! I'm not ready for a relationship with anyone right now either, I will wait for God's timing on that, instead of my own timing. However, I have someone to take those struggles and failures to. He has done so much for me, and He can for you too, but not as long as you are proud in your sin.

The Lord loves you man, He wants to save you, but you need to come to Him, and leave your sin. If you don't, you will go to hell. There's no two ways about it.

You can argue against most of my posts, but you cannot argue against testimony, and that is what I have just shared with you.

He's letting us see that life for a Christian isn't all peaches and cream. We have to lean on God, not on ourselves.

PKevman

A very powerful testimony brother! Remember to stay close to the Lord and be a student of His Word! My wife and I were praising God as I read this to her.

The JMCC is a wicked organization. :down:

But you were saved out of that sin! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.