Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
karenincolorado said:
no worries said:
I just can't understand how a parent can teach all subjects..
I imagine that you have no idea how funny this really sounds. No one is capable of knowing every subject much less teaching all of them. (that's alot of topics to teach in a lifespan).

Do you know everything there is to know about biophysics? What about pediatric endrocronology? Do you know the major export of Zambia? How about something more basic; do you know how to make a French knot?

How if you homeschool do you find out if your child is a natural at math or acting or music or language.

Now this is an easy one to answer. We are with them! We observe our children's interests. We see their strengths daily, hourly. We are able to pick up on the fact that they are really good at art or throughly enjoy aviation.

We don't have to wait for them to take a test in jr. high that says that because they like the outdoors and working with their hands that they should be fish farmer. (that was one of my recommended careers to pursue).

As a homeschool parent I don't have to listen to a guidance counselor suggest that my child is not smart enough to go to college and most likely will not graduate high school.

My favorite part...

"We are with them!"

I probably would have entered a :duh: after that sentence. :D

allsmiles

um, if the parent doesn't know french, but the child, unbeknownst to them all, has a natural gift for speaking french, how would two people, illiterate in french, discover their child's gift?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
um, if the parent doesn't know french, but the child, unbeknownst to them all, has a natural gift for speaking french, how would two people, illiterate in french, discover their child's gift?
You are just stupid. Plain and simple. No one has a natural gift for speaking a specific language unless they grow up wiht that as their primary language.:duh:

Now, a child may have a natural gift for being a linguist, and a parent can observe that through their child's skills in English. And maybe even see them picking up other languages that they hear in other contexts. Maybe a kid learns to speak a little Japanese by watching a Japanese film?

Adam

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
No answer dude, that's not a good sign....
Just having a little fun, she's already my wife. But the stuff that she says makes me proud to be her husband.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
truthman said:
Just having a little fun, she's already my wife. But the stuff that she says makes me proud to be her husband.
yeah I know. I was just joking also. :)

allsmiles

Lighthouse said:
You are just stupid. Plain and simple. No one has a natural gift for speaking a specific language unless they grow up wiht that as their primary language.:duh:

hey man, i wasn't tryin' to be divisive, i just asked a question, there's no reason to call me stupid. god you're such a big baby.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
hey man, i wasn't tryin' to be divisive, i just asked a question, there's no reason to call me stupid. god you're such a big baby.
You're the one whining that someone called you stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.