Poly's Post of the Month....

JosephR

Health and prosperity is God's priority for us.

3 John 1:2

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Evidently, you have not been taught that verse or never read it or did not pay attention when you read it.

Well, strike one and two on Tambora

No, speaking in tongues is the absolute spiritual proof, in the fives senses, of salvation, of having received the gift of the Holy Spirit, eternal life. Romans 6:23 Ephesians 2:8-9

It is proof, but that does not mean that those who have not spoken in tongues are not saved.

Acts 2:4,38

Acts 10:44-47

Acts 11:15-17

God's word understood does not leave us in doubt of our having received the gift of holy spirit/salvation/eternal life.

I John 4:13

I John 5:13

Strike three!

You are out!

thanks for showing me 5 ways,,i am reprobate....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Are you that ignorant of scriptures, yet so sure of your unsubstantiated opinion to name call?

a. Yes

b. yes

c. yes

d. all of the above

Hebrews 4:12

Only God's word is the critic, opinions are worthless

It won't help Oatie, I say the same to you as I say to keypurr, our faith is different.

The belief that Christ was only man is so far different from knowing Him as God, which has always been the faith of the church, the two beliefs just do not meet.

JosephR

It won't help Oatie, I say the same to you as I say to keypurr, our faith is different.

The belief that Christ was only man is so far different from knowing Him as God, which has always been the faith of the church, the two beliefs just do not meet.

God willing,we will find a way.

oatmeal

then why is tambora out? is she is out,,im out with her,,if your out,,im out with you,,do you see?

She struck out.

What does that mean to you?

That she is rejected of God?

That is jumping to conclusions, if that is what you think, God is rich in mercy, God knows learning takes time and effort, we don't learn truth by putting a Bible under our pillow, or by listening to opinions.

Baseball is a game, not an occasion to determine if some is saved or not, etc.

If she is faithful to God, she will have plenty of opportunity to learn more accurately what God's word teaches.

If she is humble and meek to God and His word, she will learn.

But now it is time for her to sit on the bench and watch and learn

Will she quit the game?

Or stay on the team and play?

oatmeal

Sorry that you were mislead, but I am not to blame.

Jesus did not claim to be God, but rather the son of God.

John 10:31-36

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

When you learn to read scripture, then you will have learned something

Until then, all you have are your opinions, at best

But don't beat yourself up over that.

Romans 8:1

God is not condemning you, why would you condemn yourself?

oatmeal

proof huh.. like handling serpants. raising the dead,,show the signs..

i have found the speaking in tongues is usually peer pressured..

I Corinthians 14:5

I would that ye all speak with tongues.....

It is a commandment of the Lord.

It is time to open the book and find out what it is.

oatmeal

Are you going to be swayed by public opinion or do you choose to believe scripture?

King Saul was swayed by public opinion and paid dearly for it.

1 Samuel 15:1-23

Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.

2 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ***.

4 And Saul gathered the people together, and numbered them in Telaim, two hundred thousand footmen, and ten thousand men of Judah.

5 And Saul came to a city of Amalek, and laid wait in the valley.

6 And Saul said unto the Kenites, Go, depart, get you down from among the Amalekites, lest I destroy you with them: for ye shewed kindness to all the children of Israel, when they came up out of Egypt. So the Kenites departed from among the Amalekites.

7 And Saul smote the Amalekites from Havilah until thou comest to Shur, that is over against Egypt.

8 And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.

9 But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly.

10 Then came the word of the Lord unto Samuel, saying,

11 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the Lord all night.

12 And when Samuel rose early to meet Saul in the morning, it was told Samuel, saying, Saul came to Carmel, and, behold, he set him up a place, and is gone about, and passed on, and gone down to Gilgal.

13 And Samuel came to Saul: and Saul said unto him, Blessed be thou of the Lord: I have performed the commandment of the Lord.

14 And Samuel said, What meaneth then this bleating of the sheep in mine ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?

15 And Saul said, They have brought them from the Amalekites: for the people spared the best of the sheep and of the oxen, to sacrifice unto the Lord thy God; and the rest we have utterly destroyed.

16 Then Samuel said unto Saul, Stay, and I will tell thee what the Lord hath said to me this night. And he said unto him, Say on.

17 And Samuel said, When thou wast little in thine own sight, wast thou not made the head of the tribes of Israel, and the Lord anointed thee king over Israel?

18 And the Lord sent thee on a journey, and said, Go and utterly destroy the sinners the Amalekites, and fight against them until they be consumed.

19 Wherefore then didst thou not obey the voice of the Lord, but didst fly upon the spoil, and didst evil in the sight of the Lord?

20 And Saul said unto Samuel, Yea, I have obeyed the voice of the Lord, and have gone the way which the Lord sent me, and have brought Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites.

21 But the people took of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the chief of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in Gilgal.

22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Pilate was swayed by public opinion.

Mark 15:15 And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified.

Be strong and of a good courage

Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might

No believer wants to be swayed by public opinion, but it happens at times.

1 Timothy 1:12

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

2 Timothy 2:2

And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Did King Saul really have much of a heart for God? Is that why he was so easily swayed?

Or was being swayed by public opinion only a symptom of deeper issues with obeying God?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
She struck out.

What does that mean to you?

That she is rejected of God?

That is jumping to conclusions, if that is what you think, God is rich in mercy, God knows learning takes time and effort, we don't learn truth by putting a Bible under our pillow, or by listening to opinions.

Baseball is a game, not an occasion to determine if some is saved or not, etc.

If she is faithful to God, she will have plenty of opportunity to learn more accurately what God's word teaches.

If she is humble and meek to God and His word, she will learn.

But now it is time for her to sit on the bench and watch and learn

Will she quit the game?

Or stay on the team and play?

The church's faith comes by personal revelation...it is not learned in the mind.

oatmeal

yass but all you guys are in an anti church campaign.

What is that supposed to mean?

Is God's church, the ekklesia, the called out, a building?

Or did God call out people to become believers?

Believers do not go to church, they are the church!

oatmeal

The church's faith comes by personal revelation...it is not learned in the mind.

You learned it in your big toe?

It is the mind that does the learning from scripture. Scripture is revelation from God to us and for us.

II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:21 etc. etc. etc......

oatmeal

Demons are poly tasking again

Poly succumbed to peer pressure, that does not mean she is possessed.

Her assessment of my post was righteous.

Little did she know that some people, unlike God, are respecters of persons, not truth.

Some people do not like Paul so they don't read his epistles.

Some people did not like Jesus Christ, so they did what they could to smear him and sought to kill and destroy him. John 10:10

If people hate me, they hated Jesus Christ before they hated me.

oatmeal

Poly succumbed to peer pressure, that does not mean she is possessed.

Her assessment of my post was righteous.

Little did she know that some people, unlike God, are respecters of persons, not truth.

Some people do not like Paul so they don't read his epistles.

Some people did not like Jesus Christ, so they did what they could to smear him and sought to kill and destroy him. John 10:10

Some people did not like the prophets God sent, so they killed them

Those who live in darkness do not like those who shine as lights in this world.

If people hate me and others like me, they hated Jesus Christ first

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You learned it in your big toe?

It is the mind that does the learning from scripture. Scripture is revelation from God to us and for us.

II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:21 etc. etc. etc......

Scripture is God's word written down, it is not sufficient of itself alone to save....you must have the LIFE of the word, the LIVING Word.

"these things are written that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God and that believing you might have life through His name"

Salvation is a Person even the Lord, it is not an intellectual knowledge but an inward experience. We witness Him to you but you do not receive our witness.