Delmar's POD 11-3-14

journey

Then free will is an illusion.

NO. It doesn't matter that God knows what you will do because He doesn't make you do anything. You pick and choose what you will do, and that's called free will. You're not a programmed robot, or are you? You make choices all day long every day.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
NO. It doesn't matter that God knows what you will do because He doesn't make you do anything. You pick and choose what you will do, and that's called free will. You're not a programmed robot, or are you? You make choices all day long every day.

How is it a choice if I have to do what he already knows I'll do?

musterion

How is it not a choice if God should happen to know what you'll do? If He foresees what you'll do and stops you from doing it, then your power of choice is overridden (not that you'd ever know it). But if He should simply foreknow what you'll do, and allows you to do it, that in no way impacts your power of choice. In fact, that's exactly where your justified condemnation lies, lest you repent.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
How is it not a choice if God should happen to know what you'll do? If He foresees what you'll do and stops you from doing it, then your power of choice is overridden (not that you'd ever know it). But if He should simply foreknow what you'll do, and allows you to do it, that in no way impacts your power of choice. In fact, that's exactly where your justified condemnation lies, lest you repent.

Lol. I'm not going to keep debating god's foreknowledge with you lot. If it makes y'all feel better to think an almighty creator chose you to go to heaven and is chosing for me to go to hell, that's fine. If we can't surprise god, ever. then there is no free will.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Is it still a choice if i offer my child a plate of cookies or a plate of broccoli and said choose one, because I happen to know which one they will choose?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
God controls everything He created . . .

IF God controls/determines "everything" He created than that would mean he also determines sin as well which would make Him evil. This quite an evil heresy you are walking in Nang. Evil indeed!

How dare you accuse God of controlling/determining the the evil acts of His creation, how dare you call God evil. Your doctrine is evil...

Nang

TOL Subscriber
IF God controls/determines "everything" He created than that would mean he also determines sin

Yep . . .

which would make Him evil.

God determined man would sin, and God provided remedy (by giving His Son as sacrifice) for human sin.

Where do you find Divine evil in this message of grace?

How dare you accuse God of controlling/determining the the evil acts of His creation, how dare you call God evil. Your doctrine is evil...

I do not call God, "evil." You are the one coming to this conclusion, not me . . .

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Can you do anything else, or will you do exactly what He knows you will do?

Is it still a choice if i offer my child a plate of cookies or a plate of broccoli and said choose one, because I happen to know which one they will choose?
That is not the way God's foreknowledge works in Arminianism.

journey

Youngster, why don't you scroll back a few years. I've BEEN debating this for awhile. I used to do it as a theist, and grew tired of it. Now as an atheist, I don't see the point.

And you still don't know what you're talking about, especially as an atheist. Psalms 14:1-7. You have a record of denying the obvious.