Delmar's POD 10-29-14

bybee

Hitler loved both Eva and his dog more than he loved God.

None of them ended up so good . . .

TH does not provide an absolute answer or truth:

Idolatry provides no good examples, does it?

I'm sure he didn't mean that.

bybee

So you are happy with the Mod accolades . . . period?

I think Delmar applauded you, based upon some (personal or spiritual) bias against another member-poster on TOL, without reasonable foundation . . . and you just like it, without finding it in your soul, to explain it.

Where is your opposing argument, presenting why or defining what you believe is Truster's error?

All I see, is you taking victory applause, without proper rebuttal.

For crying out loud! This was one man's opinion! He gave a compliment. No rebuttal is necessary.
You are engaging in specious nitpicking! Quite unseemly in a woman of your caliber....

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can you articulate what you are being lauded for, in this instance?

My impression, it is a matter of: "we" do not like or agree with Truster, so we give TH a POTD.

Do you thrive on such shaky laurels?

I do like Truster. I am trying to get him to take me fishing. I am sure I would enjoy hanging out with him. I don't, however, happen to agree with him that my love of dogs is a bad thing. I have found dogs to be very relational. Cows, not so much. I have, by the way, raised far more cattle than dogs.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

I think Delmar applauded you, based upon some (personal or spiritual) bias against another member-poster on TOL, without reasonable foundation . . . and you just like it, without finding it in your soul, to explain it.

Where is your opposing argument, presenting why or defining what you believe is Truster's error?

Have you gone back to the original thread and read the entire discussion or are you just arguing over one post from that thread? Delmar has been participating in that thread, knows the whole discussion and found TH's response to be a truth smack, as it were. Go read the thread and then get back to us.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Moderator status doesn't enter into it. I like Delmar. He gave something I wrote a nod. I said thanks, which where I was brought up is what you do. Maybe in the dark of some woods they throw fruit. :idunno:

Explain what? I offered to sustain my rebuttal and you stepped around it to do this. :plain: So...

To give you a consideration your conduct doesn't include, here's the beginning of a fuller attempt at conversation on the point. Follow along and see what your pal does and, more importantly, doesn't do with it:
I should add that this is a gross national sin. Are you contributing?
I've had numerous pets over my years. We've always kept cats and dogs. In the country it's a fine way to keep rats and snakes mostly at the edges of your acreage, but they're also fine company and I've treated them the way a good steward should.

To anyone that professes salvation and the worship in spirit and in truth of the Eternal Almighty. If your affection for your pet is a sin would you want to know about it and treat it like any other sin or would you prefer to ignore the sin?
Money, pets, our own self esteem, any of those can become sins out of their proper context. But within the proper context they're enormously beneficial.

A number of studies have set out the benefits of pet ownership. Among them, children growing up with pets have a reduced chance of developing asthma and allergies, pet owners are significantly less likely to suffer from depression and pets generally improve the quality of life of the owner.

That's a real blessing God gives us.

Here was the thoughtful response it got. :rolleyes:
I just love the way you come out in defence of idolatry. Given sufficient time you would justify anything and everything. Your avatar speaks in greater volumes than your words would ever convince.
Nothing in my initial response remotely comes to the defense of idolatry. It is, instead, an attempt to distinguish between unhealthy and even sinful obsession and what is for most a healthy and beneficial experience. In short order he puts me on ignore for answering him in this spirit.

That should hold your horses for a bit.

You see what you need to see to do what you want to do.

john w

Hall of Fame
Anyone who doesn't love dogs is a hard hearted snake incapable of having a relationship. :cloud9:

Except these type of dogs, Daz, which includes Calvinists/Clavinists, like Naggie:

Philippians 3:2 KJV
Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

glorydaz

Except these type of dogs, Daz, which includes Calvinists/Clavinists, like Naggie:

Philippians 3:2 KJV
Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

Yeah, I should have said they had to be four legged dogs (even three legged). And they have to bark NOT hissssssssssss. ;)