Kett's Pick 4/02/2013 - LMOHM Hits it out of the park twice!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
picture.php

Zeus 'grosses' on the ball he wipes it with his face before winding up on the mound. It's a wobbling curve ball throwing disgusting splatter as it sails toward the batter.

TOL runs on antigay fervor.:argue::noid: Why? It is fueled by something. And, no, its not about the attempt to normalize it. There aren't 15 million marijuana threads. Even prudes subconsciously like sexy controversy. And, it is a quick way to feel self-righteously superior. Much ado about a matter of taste.

Will TOL ever graduate?

Crack! The ball sails up, and up, having shed its filth.

Complain all you like, I left my homosexual lifestyle because of TOL. I'm thankful for that. If certain people here hadn't had such strong views on this issue then I may not be where I am today.
It sails out over the fence and it gone. It's a grand slam!

Congrats! There's nothing better than personal testimony. Your salvation was TOL's grandest hour.
:thumb:

Pete comes up for his second at bat. On the mound is alwight.
Point taken. However simply abstaining from gay sex may not get you into any trouble but if you are someone who is perhaps evangelising to gay or even straight people, as a former gay, I could see a problem there. Gays will probably not be too happy with what you have to say I suspect. I might well get annoyed myself if I were informed that I was a bad person and had to switch my sexual preference.
I don't know if you could ever will yourself to be attracted to women if you were previously gay, I tend to doubt it tbh. :plain:
Pete swings Bap! Holy Moly!--that ball is sailing up and up over the megatron.
I'm certainly not the type to go into the street shouting that 'God hates fags' at gay pride events, and I look in horror at people who do. Nor do I fixate on homosexuality when talking to people about my faith. I don't believe that a homosexual is a special kind of sinner. I believe that we are all sinful, some people are just more predisposed to certain sins than others. I don't actively seek out homosexuals to talk to about my faith but I am not ashamed to speak about my faith and what God has done for me with anyone. You are right on one thing though, no sinner likes being told that they are sinner, yet that's what we all are. When I say I'm a Christian, I don't do with a self-righteous attitude that says I'm better than someone else or that I'm sinless, I say it because I am merely a sinner saved by God's grace.

I find it interesting that you seem to think that it's not possible for me to be attracted to girls. If I'm honest, for two years after I became a Christian I also thought that. But then in my early 20s I fell in love with a girl and it changed everything. At that moment I truly realised that God had been working on the inside. He was changing me from the inside out. I do not claim that I haven't been tempted since then. That however does not mean that I am a homosexual for a number of reasons:

- As said above, I am attracted to women.
- I do not and will not engage in any sort of homosexual behavior again. Not because I'm living by other people's rules but because I am living by God's rules. And that is not because I have to, but because out of love for Him and what He has done for me I want to live by His standards.

I do not consider myself to be a homosexual any longer. That identity is no longer mine since my identity is now found in Christ. As the bible says in Proverbs, 'As a man thinks in his heart, so is he'.

God can do for anyone what He did for me. But they first have to see their need for Him.

Because of Him, I will never be the same again.

It is gone! *There's the sound of smashing glass and a car alarm.*

Second home run of the night!

We have ourselves a home run king!

Last edited by a moderator:

glorydaz

Zeus 'grosses' on the ball he wipes it with his face before winding up on the mound. It's a wobbling curve ball throwing disgusting splatter as it sails toward the batter.

Crack! The ball sails up, and up, having shed its filth.

It sails out over the fence and it gone. It's a grand slam!

Congrats! There's nothing better than personal testimony. Your salvation was TOL's grandest hour.
:thumb:

I've have been rejoicing from the moment I read it. What a mighty work our Lord did for this young man. While the world is at it's darkest hour his candle will shine the brighter. :king:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I, for one, would expect anti-cannabis threads if there were multiple potheads posting on TOL supporting, praising, etc. the merits of Mary Jane [not Spider-Man's girlfriend]. If they just weren't too lazy to post on TOL. Oh well.:idunno:

Great job, Pete!:thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I predict this to be the post of the year, and lmohm to be a "hall of famer" on Jan1,2014. :think:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes. He may end up being a record home run hitter.