Kett's Pick 3/6/2013

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a Grand Slam as glorydaz mows down Gill White. Tambora bright this gem to my attention with her SPOTD. It deserves an official post of the day.
I would like to ask you some questions, do you understand all the scriptures?

Yes or No.

If your answer is no, than I will assume, at this moment in time on today's date, you also ignore scripture.

Scripture tells us that God made Jesus Lord and Christ and Jesus is the Son of Living God, and that Jesus Christ has a God.

From my own observation, for you to answer that, you say and others say, Jesus ONLY had a God in His human nature. (Btw, I believe Jesus had only "one" nature, and that was to please God, His Father)

Jesus Christ is now up in Heaven, sitting at the right hand of God, Jesus has gone back to his former glory: In these LAST days, God is speaking to us through His Son, as the book of Hebrews states. Paul had revelation from Jesus Christ; this is what was said.

1Co 11:3 KJV
(3) But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Note it does not say "son of Man" nor does it state, "in his human nature" the scripture states, and says Christ:

So, I ask you these two questions"

1. Do you understand "all" scripture"
  2. Who is the head of Christ?
I didn't realize you would be so impatient for an answer. ;)

As most believers would undoubtedly tell you, I don't claim to understand all Scripture. However, I do believe all Scripture.

In other words, I see many many verses that speak of the HUMANITY of Jesus Christ, and I believe every one of them. I ALSO see many many verses that speak of the DEITY of Jesus Christ, and rather than ignore them or dismiss them (as you seem to), I believe every one of them.

Obviously, the reason you ignore the verses that speak of the DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST is because you believe so firmly in the YELLOW above. You've made up your mind that a mere man cannot possibly be God.

Now, see how you take one verse about God being the Head of Christ....out of it's context, I might add, and yet you IGNORE John 1:1 and John 1:14 which tells you the Word became flesh and is God? In Him dwelt ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD. The answer to your question would be CLEAR to you, IF you had not already decided He has but one nature. That's exactly how the Word of God is quenched by your mind.

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

You ignore the verses that tell you Jesus Christ is the POWER and WISDOM of God, and preach how the power was given by the Father, not understanding that Christ IS the Power of God. You close one eye when you read the Word........all the time you do it.

1 Corinthians 1:24
But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

You ignore that He is before all things, that He created all things, that by Him all things consist....even that He was in the form of God and took on Himself the form of a servant (man). You shout out, "But He has a God!"

While I would never deny Jesus has a human nature, I also understand that He existed as the Word from the beginning. I understand that God clearly states He is the ONLY GOD AND SAVIOUR, and you point to the word "and" to claim they are of two different entities (God and man)....not the same ONE TRUE GOD. Just as God is Light, and Jesus is the TRUE LIGHT of God. John 1:9 KJV Just as you can't see that the GLORY OF GOD is found in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6 KJV

Jesus is the REVELATION of God....His humanity hides Him too well from your eyes. He is a God who hides Himself from those who do not seek Him with all their heart. Set you "thinking cap" aside and read the verses that show you exactly who your Saviour is. There is only one. Jesus is the Saviour of the World and God says He alone is the Saviour.....it's God you argue with, not me. If they aren't the same ONE GOD, then the Bible isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Isaiah 45:15
Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

Congrats on a job well done. :thumb:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This post illustrates why I leave that thread in the ECT. It makes these stubborn folk easy pickings for those who know how to truth smack without interference from atheists, agnostics and pagans.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Glorydaz has a brilliant grasp of truth when it comes
to sharing the Gospel!! She has decernment and
Spiritual logic, beyond measure!! A true, "Child of God!!!!!"

john w

Hall of Fame
Daz of Glory often posts "the mother of all posts."

However, had I been named "MOD for the day," we would not have gone this far, for I would have banned Gill White immediately-swift, and painless.

I am John W, and I approve of the above "Hail Mary."

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Awesome Post Glorydaz! Many of us have wrestled with the "Jesus is not God" crowd here, you handled this very nicely...nicely indeed! :thumb:

glorydaz

It's a Grand Slam as glorydaz mows down Gill White. Tambora bright this gem to my attention with her SPOTD. It deserves an official post of the day.

Congrats on a job well done. :thumb:

I'm humbled and deeply appreciate all the kind words. WOW. :rapture: