Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dumb Post of the day.
..and, those who know the truth would know that NOTHING that was commanded to Israel of the flesh is commanded to anyone anymore.

Dispensational is the lie of satan, from the pits of hell, that is keeping men from coming to a true knowledge of the gospel.
Not charged enough to rank as blasphemy, but charged enough to make the post very stupid. Here's why:

1. Now who's playground is this? Of the the objectives of TOL is to help members understand what Open Theism and Mid Acts Dispensationalism is.

2. This member complains when folks don't recognize her as a Christian--yet she turns around as does the the same thing to other Christians in so many words, namely Dispensationalist Christians.

1. No whining--
2. No innapropriate tagging--they will be deleted.
3. no debating
4. no disrespect of TOL staff--
5. Keep things civil

any violating posts will be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight's--It's a phrase he uses often when folks get a little out of hand-like this post.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Knight's--It's a phrase he uses often when folks get a little out of hand-like this post.

I wish Knight was here more than he has been lately.

I don't think the post is all that out of hand; I've seen worse said to others of various other religious beliefs. It certainly didn't come close to blasphemy, IMO.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are forgetting the bias of the board. This board has a conservative Christian, Open Theist, Mid Acts bias. All websites, whether they admit or not have a bias. What makes the post foolish, is she comeing onto a site that has these biases and is making these charged statements.

I would be just as dumb if I joined a Catholic site and made charged statements about the Catholic church.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You are forgetting the bias of the board. This board has a conservative Christian, Open Theist, Mid Acts bias. All websites, whether they admit or not have a bias. What makes the post foolish, is she comeing onto a site that has these biases and is making these charged statements.

I would be just as dumb if I joined a Catholic site and made charged statements about the Catholic church.

I'm not forgetting the bias of the board.

I don't think it's foolish to disagree with said bias, nor do I think it's dumb to make charged statements in the process of that disagreement. I'd say the same if it was a Catholic website.

This site needs more people to disagree with the prevailing bias; it's only by disagreement that discussions are at all interesting.

When different opinions and beliefs are presented, challenged, argued, questioned, etc., there's a dynamic energy at work. Too often lately, opposing views are shut down here and the result has been a dulling of ideas and overall reduction in thread and post quality.

IMJerusha

What happens to folks who don't fit in a precise box? I'm starting to get worried. I don't know what I am! :cry: ;) Just kidding!

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I am simple pointing out that she does the very same thing to others that she chides others for doing--that is what makes the post dumb. Knight hands out DPOTD too.---->
We see that the extreme left is just as nutty as the Tea Party. Maybe not as violent ( don't see any of them spitting on people, but some of the signs are as angry and inflammatory as some of the Tea Party's) but pretty much as unrealistic.

Not surprising. What else would you expect?

Not only is this the dumbest post of the day I think it's possible this may one of the top 10 dumbest posts ever made on TOL. Great job Barbarian. :up:

In reference to the Occupy Wall Street "movement".

:rotfl:

It isn't her view point that I take umberage with, it is her presentation. She is at war with everyone on the board--but herself. Her behavior is a disruptive influence on the board.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am starting to hear a whining sound. Looks like I am going to have to bring out the mop...

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The object of threads like this isn't to debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.