Kett's pick 1/9/2013

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no Truthsmack like living out the truth...

Fair enough, but more and more it seems like I need to address this with people. Gets kinda old.
I try to be fair with everyone, on TOL. Some people don't agree with the way I do it. But, that's life. A lot of people assume that because I'm a politically conservative Christian, I should believe certain things and/or act certain ways. Sorry. I'm just me and most of what I say, do, and/or believe come from how I was raised.
Yeeesh. And I thought I knew some cynical types.
:chuckle: Yep. I know. One of the people who told me that was one of my sisters who calls me a hypocrite because I dare to judge her actions. Well, when you have four kids (each one born right before your welfare's about to be cut off) while unmarried, abuse the oldest child because his father left when you told him you were pregnant, lose custody of three out of those four children, and then tell me that it doesn't matter anymore if you get pregnant because you can get an abortion, yes. I'm going to judge that behavior, especially if you claim to be a Christian.
The lesson may be well-intentioned but as you demonstrate it's not that simple, not that cut and dry, and can be downright disastrous when put in practice. This isn't a cookie cutter situation, to say the least.
True. That's why I look at both people before suggesting marriage. Both of them have to be mature enough to handle marriage and raising the kid. They have to have either common values or beliefs (political, religious, or moral). They have to realize that there's more to a marriage than "falling in love (I don't believe in falling in love, by the way.)."
You put your money where your mouth is, and for that you always have my respect.:cheers:
I didn't do it for anyone's respect. :) I did it because I love children and would have done anything to have another one myself. I wasn't trying to adopt any of these babies because the mothers wanted to keep them. But, I'm "adopted" aunty to a lot of babies. I usually don't tell people about this. But, I get tired of people saying that pro-lifers (even though I don't call myself pro-life, anymore...I call myself anti-abortion) need to put their money where their mouths are.
Well done Ebenz!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks, IK! Although I agree with a lot of issues that most conservative Christians believe, abortion is something that cuts close to my heart.