Knight's pick 01-10-2012

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Relative TOL newcomer Inzl Kett nails TOL oldtimer geoff. :rotfl:

Classic!
I found this posted on the net today and thought it was very apt:

This is especially apt for all of you dispensationalists, open theists, eternal tormentists, YEC, and any other idiot that thinks along the same lines.

Its time to grow up Christians, and stop acting and thinking like little children. Children are useless if they stay children all their lives. You need to grow to maturity.

Rather ironic you post this given this is your slogan/ motto--->Honestly.. name calling and insulting just means you capitulate your position in the discussion.
:first:

geoff

:rotfl:

geoff: an over 10 year commitment to making dumb posts on TOL. That's impressive brother. :thumb:

No, that's a 10 year commitment to battling american "christian" ignorance.
But, then, I am only one guy.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The guy still doesn't see the irony. :doh: Thanks Knight. :)

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wrote the flippin thing, of course I see the irony - IT WAS MEANT TO BE (partially) IRONIC.

The responses to it just show it was true..

Backpedaling to save face..

geoff

(oh, and why would I car about "face" here? I would only care about that with people who deserve respect)

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Face it geoff, you have egg all over your face.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Relative TOL newcomer Inzl Kett nails TOL oldtimer geoff. :rotfl:

Classic!:first:

Congrats Inzl, great post, you know in retrospect I think some people here make create good posts in others by saying dumb things that just beg for a response...:chuckle:

geoff

Ironically:
i·ro·ny/ˈīrənē/
Noun:
The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

However:

sar·don·ic/särˈdänik/
Adjective:
Grimly mocking or cynical.

Both apply to my comment.. I should like to thank Knight for posting it twice so that more people can read it..
Christ became flesh, a servant, without form or comeliness, the most despised of human beings; he descended to the nethermost parts of the earth and became obedient even to death on the cross. So also the word [the Bible], the revelation of God, entered the world of creatureliness, the life and history of humanity, in all the human forms of dream and vision, of investigation and reflection, right down into that which is humanly weak and despised and ignoble. . . . All this took place in order that the excellency of the power . . . of Scripture may be God’s and not ours.

Herman Bavinck (1854–1921)