Knight's pick 10-08-2011

heir

TOL Subscriber
On the currently contentious point, Leviticus 20:13 (KJV), 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (KJV). Final answer.
Please tell me, will NOT doing the things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV make one righteous?

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And is that not what you implied when you used that passage as a proof text?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Where did he "proclaim the gospel boldly"?
The gospel is the Bible from cover to cover. SOD told the truth (Lev. 18:22, 20:13, 1 Kin. 14:24, Rom. 1:24, 26, 27).

"Romans 5:6 KJV For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. Galatians 3:22 KJV But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe." [09 Oct 2011 14:37:48]
Should teachers use red markers to correct homework? Should kids be allowed to play smear the queer? Do you like the change in Amazing Grace from "saved a wretch" like me to "saved a soul" like me?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The gospel is the Bible from cover to cover. SOD told the truth (Lev. 18:22, 20:13, 1 Kin. 14:24, Rom. 1:24, 26, 27).
NOPE! Wrong answer, serpent (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV). What is the gospel of YOUR salvation? What is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth? Is salvation in doing or believing?

bybee

NOPE! Wrong answer, serpent (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV). What is the gospel of YOUR salvation? What is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth? Is salvation in doing or believing?

Oh let me answer!!! Salvation is in believing!

Todah

Is homosexuality a sin to people who practice it, and do not believe it is a sin?

If you are a believer in the Bible, and you come across people who are thoroughly convinced in themselves that it is not a sin, what do you do?

If you treat them with absolute love and acceptance and express no judgment or condemnation of their behavior, are they ever going to change? No, you will leave that to God, that's His job, not yours.

Will you chastise and even condemn those who warn the homosexual that his actions are sin, and that he should repent of them or face judgment someday? Yes, that is your job, and not God's!?1?

Rather one can do both. The warning must come first. One has to first confront a sinner of the error of his ways, then love them into the kingdom.

John the Baptist went before Yeshua. He preached a gospel of repentance.............Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand.

Yeshua, loved sinners, and died for them. It is not our job to die for homosexuals. Only Christ could do that and make it efficacious.

It is our job to first point out their sin and warn them of its consequences. Then we can lead them to the cross, in love for their souls. It is a false dichotomy that you can only do one, or the other. The tragedy is doing only one, and not the other.

One must realize, that in this day and age, and certainly in this country, that homosexuality is not any longer considered a sin, by the majority of people. In fact it has almost been elevated to a sacred rite, a sacrament of the exalted victim class.

When I am condemned and judged by liberal Christians for denouncing homosexuals in their sin, this is the standard reply.
Aren't we all sinners, and don't you have sin in your life, and aren't you counting on Yeshua to wash away your sins? Yes, yes, and yes!

But I admit That I am sinning, and need a covering for my sins, the blood of Yeshua.

Suppose I were to go before God and say I need that covering for all my sins except, adultery. I do not consider that a sin in this day and age of wife-beating and misoginist men. I simply loved the women that husbands wouldn't.

You understand God, now forgive me and accept me. Is it your job, as a Christian, to tell me anything different? Or should you just love me and be non-judgmental?

The way that we treat, and love homosexuals, does not work with any other sin.

Warn people first, condemn their sin. Then you have done your job. Next love them, that is also our job.

Here is my warning: Homosexuality has always been a sin, it therefore still is a sin, and it will always be a sin. Beyond that, it is a particularly despicable sin to God Almighty. One that He calls an abomination. There will be no homosexuality in the Kingdom of God, therefore you will be left outside of it. If you love God, then confess your sin and repent of it. If you love homosexuality, more than God, then you are free to live with that choice, but do not expect to be in His Kingdom.

I would say the same for adultery, only I believe adultery is even worse, and far more damaging.

Satan has won the culture war concerning homosexuality, those who warn against it are now the stigmatized, the unloving and the unlovable.........that's me.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight, sod and aCW. I agree.

Others I refer to the prophet Isaiah 5:20-21 (KJV) :readthis:

Fabricating noble motives will not excuse an enabler or a sinner. Fabricating confusing and complicated rationalizations will not excuse an enabler or a sinner. Removing earthly legal prohibitions does not trump God's laws and commandments, nor does such action negate a compelling social interest. :nono:

On the currently contentious point, Leviticus 20:13 (KJV), 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (KJV). Final answer.

God did not create a screwed-up world into which some of us (as enlightened gods) were sent to correct His "errors." :surf:
POTD :first:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Having known TH since his arrival here, I can say that I have never known him to bear false witness, and to be a man of integrity. When he has set his sights on someone, taking them to task, I am confident that the attention was warranted. For either that target of his rapier wit and discernment has misunderstood TH's position, or is simply unwilling or unable to meet TH at the level of the discourse TH has set out.

All too often I have witnessed that when one cares not to rise to the same level as one's opponent has set out, finding himself outmatched on so many levels, the typical recourse is to offer nothing more than mocking ridicule and emotional appeals to the crowds as rejoinders. Frankly, we are all guilty of the behavior at times, if we care to examine ourselves, and we should know better than to reward said behavior.

It is my hope and prayer that when all the backslapping dies down, that in the quiet times of one's day, it will be recognized that TH, a brother in the faith, has been done a disservice by those that would attribute to him what he clearly stands against and/or rightly sees as an issue that would violate the oaths he took as an attorney.

AMR

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Having known TH since his arrival here, I can say that I have never known him to bear false witness, and to be a man of integrity. When he has set his sights on someone, taking them to task, I am confident that the attention was warranted. For either that target of his rapier wit and discernment has misunderstood TH's position, or is simply unwilling or unable to meet TH at the level of the discourse TH has set out.

All too often I have witnessed that when one cares not to rise to the same level as one's opponent has set out, finding himself outmatched on so many levels, the typical recourse is to offer nothing more than mocking ridicule and emotional appeals to the crowds as rejoinders. Frankly, we are all guilty of the behavior at times, if we care to examine ourselves, and we should know better than to reward said behavior.
As usual you seem to be more interested in style points than the heart of the matter. I have never cared how scholarly a person presents their case. To me... the truth is more important. :idunno:

It is my hope and prayer that when all the backslapping dies down
Well... you have to admit, the entire escapade has provided some much needed "buzz" around here. :chuckle:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[The gospel is the Bible from cover to cover. SOD told the truth (Lev. 18:22, 20:13, 1 Kin. 14:24, Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). "Nope! Wrong answer, serpent (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV)."
See:

2 Cor 11:3 J. Vernon McGee

"What is the gospel of your salvation?"
Christ died. He is risen. He will come again (Php 1:17,27; Jude 1:3, Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.).
"What is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth?"
Believe (Ro 1:16, 2 Ti 1:18).

"Is salvation in doing or believing?"
Do believe. :dizzy: "Believe in the original language means "to be convinced"..." Full text: Armor of the Lord
See:

What to "do"

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As usual you seem to be more interested in style points than the heart of the matter. I have never cared how scholarly a person presents their case. To me... the truth is more important. :idunno:

Well... you have to admit, the entire escapade has provided some much needed "buzz" around here. :chuckle:

Style points don't matter if the truth isn't being said. Lately there has been too much back slapping on the wrong side. SOD needed to be recognized for speaking out the truth even if it made him unpopular.

We living in a world that is much too PC. Christians would rather try and all get along with perverts instead of calling them out on their sin. Some even go so for to award them a protected status and say 'they were born that way'. We can see the effect it has had on our culture.

The homosexual lobby and its friends want to keep Christians silent on the sinfulness of their lifestyle.

aCW, SOD, and Knight, Keep up the truth smacking. :thumb:

bybee

You assume incorrectly. Were I to do that, I would have replied to you directly.

"Love one another" does not mean acceptance of what people do without question. Far from it. However, I did wonder about your sudden inference that what the Bible says is an application of "hateful ... etc." to justify hatred. I'm assuming you refer to some unreferenced Bible verses that would trump others. That is a very shaky game to play.

You flying off the handle and blasting out some emotional argument based on a gross assumption is what's sad.

Darn hormones! I can't use that as an excuse anymore. Just bad manners on my part. I apologize for assuming and I apologize for flying off the handle. I do not for one minute mean that one ought to accept sinful behavior. I do believe that the way in which one confronts the behavior of another can have either a positive or a negative effect. Name calling and condemnation do not usually have a positive result.
Oh, and perhaps your assumptions need examining?

heir

TOL Subscriber
See:

2 Cor 11:3 J. Vernon McGee
I don't have to see your link. You said, "The gospel is the Bible from cover to cover." And yet there is more than one gospel in the Bible.

Christ died. He is risen. He will come again (Php 1:17,27; Jude 1:3, Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.).
I wonder why people who say they believe the gospel or praise another for preaching it, never actually cite the gospel itself. It's curious.
Believe (Ro 1:16, 2 Ti 1:18).
Believe Romans 1:16 KJV? I believe it means what it says, but that's not the gospel of Christ. It is an "excellent" (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV) verse that tells you that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth for therein (therein the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God revealed (Romans 1:17 KJV). The gospel of Christ is that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day.

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Salvation is by grace through faith

Romans 6:23 KJV For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
:thumb: Proclaim the gospel boldly (Eph. 6:19).
By the way, Ephesians 6:19 KJV is one of my favorites verses. Just curious, as to how you're doing with making the "mystery of the gospel" known, that Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV)should be fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). Doesn't it blow your mind that it was unsearchable (Ephesians 3:8 KJV) hid in God (Ephesians 3:9 KJV)?!

God is not mad at anyone in the dispensation of the grace of God. He fixed it so that He can be gracious to all

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

But there's a whole mess of "Christians" out there mad at God

1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

They cannot stand the fact that God will save any one no matter who they are, where they've been or what they were doing while they were there. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved; believing how that Christ died for your sins and that He was buried and rose again on the third day.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...[T]here is more than one gospel in the Bible."
Do you mean dispensations? "...[T]he Bible was written by approximately 40 different authors over a period of around 1500 years. Each writer wrote with a different style, from a different perspective, to a different audience, for a different purpose..." full text: Does the Bible contain errors, contradictions, or discrepancies?

"Dispensations:

1. The dispensation of innocence (from the creation of man to the Fall of man)
Gen. 1:28–3:6
2. The dispensation of conscience (from the Fall to the Flood)
Gen. 4:1–8:14
3. The dispensation of civil government (from the Flood to the dispersion at Babel)
Gen. 8:15–11:9
4. The dispensation of promise or patriarchal rule (from Babel to Mount Sinai)
Gen. 11:10; Exod. 18:27
5. The dispensation of the Mosaic Law (from Mount Sinai to the Upper Room)
Exod. 19; Acts 1:26
6. The dispensation of the bride of the Lamb, the Church (from the Upper Room to the Rapture)
Acts 2:1; Rev. 3:22
7. The dispensation of the wrath of the Lamb—the Tribulation (from the Rapture to the Second Coming)
Rev. 6:1–20:3
8. The dispensation of the rule of the Lamb—the Millennium (from the Second Coming through the Great White Throne judgment)
Rev. 20:4–15
9. The dispensation of the new creation of the Lamb—the world without end (from the Great White Throne judgment throughout all eternity)
Rev. 21–22" Willmington, H. L.: Willmington's Book of Bible Lists. Wheaton, Ill. : Tyndale House, 1987

"...[T]here's a whole mess of "Christians" out there mad at God..."
Anger toward God is never right (Ec 7:9; Mt 5:22; Ro 12:19).

"They cannot stand the fact that God will save any one no matter who they are, where they've been or what they were doing while they were there. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved; believing how that Christ died for your sins and that He was buried and rose again on the third day."

They would have hated Jesus because he loved sinners like you and me (Matt. 11:19).