Knight's pick 10-08-2011

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I like Town Heretic and I know he is a smart guy, but.... it's tragic that he doesn't understand how wrong he is on this topic. Thanks to SOD for calmly and intelligently demonstrating the point. :up:

some other dude suggests that Christians ought not tolerate homosexuality in their society/culture.

Town, displaying his allegiance to man's law over God's, posts:
Town said:
The Constitution...
...we have a Republic...
Every man has the right to his own conscience...
You can't respect that because you want to control the next fellow ...

some other dude reminds Town of whom he is referring:
some other dude said:
The "next fellow" in this case being one of those perverted abominations that Town welcomes into his society.

Town responds with a personal episode of having his hair fondled by one of his beloved homos:
Had my hair cut today by one of the nicest guys I know. He's gay. He's also thoughtful and generous. If you didn't know he was gay you'd like him. His moral mistakes, your mistakes, my mistakes, are between us and God. The damage we do ourselves is His to judge. I'll leave it to him.

some other dude reminds Town of his Christian duty to warn the hell-bound:
Did you tell this "nice, thoughtful, generous, likeable" pervert that he was going to burn in Hell for eternity?

Or didn't you think that would be "nice"? or "thoughtful"? or "generous"?

and Town demonstrates his ignorance of the Word of God:
I don't know that and neither do you.
:first:

bybee

I like Town Heretic and I know he is a smart guy, but.... it's tragic that he doesn't understand how wrong he is on this topic. Thanks to SOD for calmly and intelligently demonstrating the point. :up:

:first:

Wow! At the risk of being banned I couldn't disagree with your assessment more strongly.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Where to my mind tragic is encouraging the sort of behavior and self opinion this sort of notice must. That you're dead wrong on both his approach and point is of less importance. Everyone is entitled to get a thing wrong now and then.

Point to point on this...:

1. Any man who says my allegiance is to anything before God is either mistaken at best or a libeling liar at worst. I think you know where I hold Sod to be standing.

2. Anyone who believes that the Klan shouldn't be allowed to march and be defended when they do so is a day away from losing his own freedom of expression.

3. That you describe as calm and intelligent this sort of declaration:

"Town responds with a personal episode of having his hair fondled by one of his beloved homos"

is as saddening and personally disappointing as it is inaccurate.

4. I actually told him the fellow was brought up in the church and understood its teaching.

5. Not even in the ballpark. Had anyone I respected asked me what I meant by that I'd have told them. As I'd already said to Sod in one of those posts you mentioned not having read, I once tried to talk a poster here out of backsliding into that lifestyle. I failed. But no man can judge the fate of another man standing before God. Any man who presumes to is a fool. Sod presumes.

Congratulations are in order, Sod. You've likely succeeded here beyond your wildest expectations.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:sozo: STOP THE PRESSES!!!

:chuckle:

Keep the presses going Knight. the Counselor is wrong on this one.

First of all (as I mentioned in the thread), he thinks that perversion (which plain and simply put, homosexuality is) is some kind of constitutional right. As shown in the link that I attached, the Founding Fathers found homosexuality to be detestable, and legislation against it was made in every colony and later every State.

Bybee and JM are wrong.

On a positive note, the Counselor has a good head of hair (give him an award for that).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

First of all (as I mentioned in the thread), he thinks that perversion (which plain and simply put, homosexuality is) is some kind of constitutional right.
I've never said something so irrational in my life. But I have said the right to keep really stupid ideas in your noggin and even act on them, short of interfering with my rights, is entirely a Constitutional issue.

As shown in the link that I attached, the Founding Fathers found homosexuality to be detestable, and legislation against it was made in every colony and later every State.
Also a point I never argued against. I did note that those same founders failed their own principles demonstrably and more than once. Slavery and women's suffrage are two of the more obvious examples.

On a positive note, the Counselor has a good head of hair (give him an award for that).
And thanks, ASCon, for that continuing vote of confidence. Now why aren't you posting under that original username again? :think:

bybee

First of all (as I mentioned in the thread), he thinks that perversion (which plain and simply put, homosexuality is) is some kind of constitutional right. As shown in the link that I attached, the Founding Fathers found homosexuality to be detestable, and legislation against it was made in every colony and later every State.

Bybee and JM are wrong.

I am not wrong. You are presumptuous.

bybee

:sozo: STOP THE PRESSES!!!

:chuckle:

Well Knight, your disregard amounts to disrespect, but HEY! you own the place!
I am more aligned with SOD theologically and politically than I am with TH. I consider SOD to be a friend. We have chastized each other with grace and good humor. I like him.
I will not let him get away with this unseemly distortion of TH's points of view. Sod has twisted his words and created a meaning not intended by TH.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also a point I never argued against. I did note that those same founders failed their own principles demonstrably and more than once. Slavery and women's suffrage are two of the more obvious examples.

As mentioned before counselor, many if not most of the Founding Fathers acknowledged that slavery was wrong (something that had been going on in America for 300 years prior to 1776) and made a document that would someday end it (ALL men are created equal).

That being said: Do you really think that anyone that lives in a society that has murdered 50 million innocent unborn babies in a 38 year period; a society that spends billions of dollars on SMUT each year; a society that parades by the millions in honor of sexual perversion (known as "pride parades"); and a society that is plagued with drug abuse; do you really think that anyone who lives in that society has room to judge those from an earlier era in American history?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As mentioned before counselor, many if not most of the Founding Fathers acknowledged that slavery was wrong
A few and nothing like most. And a few of that few actually owned slaves, like Jefferson. And likely none of them would have acknowledged the possibility of a black man or a woman voting and/or holding property. They were products of their time and limited by the social conventions of their day, to an extent. But Jefferson's writing and others make it clear enough that this is no excuse and shouldn't be offered as one.

(something that had been going on in America for 300 years prior to 1776) and made a document that would someday end it (ALL men are created equal).
A document I respect and have served to the best of my ability in my duties as an officer of the court. As I said prior, a failure corrected. And it was corrected by amendment. Just so.

That being said: Do you really think that anyone that lives in a society that has murdered 50 million innocent unborn babies in a 38 year period; a society that spends billions of dollars on SMUT each year; a society that parades by the millions in honor of sexual perversion (known as "pride parades"); and a society that is plagued with drug abuse; do you really think that anyone who lives in that society has room to judge those from a earlier era in American history?
I think anyone who can reason can make the case that the slavery they permitted was a moral and unprincipled wrong. That we have our own failures is no bar to that understanding.

bybee

The topic is homosexuality. Show us how you're right.

I am totally bewildered by homosexuality. It is utterly foreign to me.As a nurse I know that science tells us that approximately 9 to 15 per cent of people are born with a homosexual orientation. It may be a chemical or hormonal imbalance. I don't know.
I do not presume to judge another person. That rests in the hand of God. I will be kind and respectful of any person with whom I come into contact. I would hope that they would have the decency to keep their sexual mores to themselves. It is in this stance that I am right.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll try to be sensitive bybee.

I am totally bewildered by homosexuality. It is utterly foreign to me.

Then I would assume that their agenda is as well?

As a nurse I know that science tells us that approximately 9 to 15 per cent of people are born with a homosexual orientation.

According to the Centers for Disease Control: "Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the US population,..."

But since we have the CDC information at hand, let's see how that sentence finishes:

"...yet are the population most severely affected by HIV and are the only risk group in which new HIV infections have been increasing steadily since the early 1990s. In 2006, MSM accounted for more than half (53%) of all new HIV infections in the United States, and MSM with a history of injection drug use (MSM-IDU) accounted for an additional 4% of new infections. At the end of 2006, more than half (53%) of all people living with HIV in the United States were MSM or MSM-IDU. Since the beginning of the US epidemic, MSM have consistently represented the largest percentage of persons diagnosed with AIDS and persons with an AIDS diagnosis who have died."
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/

It may be a chemical or hormonal imbalance. I don't know.

There is no "gay gene". As with other sexual sins, it's a behavior that can be changed and has been proven through organizations like Exodus International and PFOX (Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays). There are many factors that are influential when it comes to someone choosing homosexual behavior, but it isn't genetic.

I do not presume to judge another person.

Yet Scripture tells us to judge righteously.

That rests in the hand of God. I will be kind and respectful of any person with whom I come into contact.

Respect God by showing people the path to eternal life. (You might hurt some feelings along the way and even not be liked, be prepared for it).

I would hope that they would have the decency to keep their sexual mores to themselves. .

They haven't. Perversion is out of the bedroom and into mainstream society, or in their words "We're here, we're queer, and we're in your face!" They've forced their way into valuable American institutions such as marriage, the family, the military, education, religion and youth mentor groups. Tolerance has never been their motive, acceptance (forced if necessary) is.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good one SOD! I for one think homosexuality and the other sexual sins are a blight on our culture.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The whole point behind the biting post is you are too soft on homosexuality. Personally I wouldn't have one style my hair.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The whole point behind the biting post is you are too soft on homosexuality.
Biting? Is that how you characterize "having his hair fondled by one of his beloved homos"? In my part of the world, not famous for its love of the homosexual, we call that libel. The fellow was no more fondling than I am homosexual (one inference to a man allowing his hair to be stroked after that fashion) or agreeably inclined toward sin, any sin.

I don't mind being called soft. Our example was ridiculed for supping with and spending time among sinners. And I always talk about my faith wherever I am. He knows the dogma. He needs the example. And the example he's seen little enough of is the very one I'm inclined to present. That doesn't suit you, then I'm okay with it. Your salvation isn't in the balance.

Personally I wouldn't have one style my hair.
How about impersonally? :D Else, if it bothers you then don't. And my hair styles itself. Or haven't you heard, even my enemies praise it. :chuckle: