Knight's pick 03-25-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
nicholsmom has done some amazing truthsmacking in this thread! Here is a highlight...
The vicious circle I am talking about could be avoided if we would just pray for the sinner instead of condemning them.

Do you really think that praying for sinners will make them quit their immoral activities? If that were the case, we'd all be singing in perfect harmony by now. But we aren't.

So, I pray for the poor homosexual who is caught in his sinful lifestyle to be brought to Salvation (I do, btw), and so magically, he comes to Christ, renounces his homosexuality, and we all join hands and share a Coke, right? No. It doesn't happen that way.

What you are really advocating is sitting down and shutting up, but if I did that - if everyone did that - we'd have rampant immorality - and I'm not talking only about homosexuality, or even only about sexual promiscuity; I'm talking about cheating, stealing, lying, raping, murdering, child molestation, foul language - the lot. All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to sit down and shut up.

Whether or not you realize it, we are at battle for the soul of our nation. We who see the destructive consequences of immorality must stand in the breach and fight like warriors or we will lose not only the battle over sexual depravity, but also the war to retain a peaceful, wholesome country in which to rear our children and live in harmony with our neighbors.

So I will not sit down and shut up; I will not put down my sword simply because my enemy has spit in my face.

And you still haven't answered my question on this issue. Would you like to be seen as a hypocrite, or will you answer my question?
:first:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She has brass intestines. That's what I like to see. Bravo for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.