Knight's POTD 5-7-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl: Classic!!!

Could you imagine Mick Jagger in those auditions?

Mick Jagger: sings "I'll Never Be Your Beast of Burden"
Randy: attempts to hid his almost uncontrollable laughter behind his note cards
"Naw, dog. Keepin' it REAL? That just wasnt' good. I'm gonna have to pass."
Paula: "I'm sorry, Mick. This competition just isn't right for you. But we can tell you have a lot of joy, and it was a lot of fun to share this moment with you. Keep working; never give up. You'll do well."
Simon: "Look, Nick..."
Randy: "I think it's MICK, Simon"
Simon: "Whatever. Alright, here's the deal, Mack. My cat woke me up the other night when she was hacking up a dead mouse while being chased by my neighbor's dog. It was the most God-awful sound I've ever heard. I gotta tell you, Mick. That was the Beethoven's Fifth compared to what I just heard from you. My opinion: eat more roast beef - LOTS of it - and try something else. Perhaps lipstick commercials."
Mick: "Can I sing another song?"
Randy: "Naw, naw, naw. It's no good dawg. It's a no."
Mick: :guitar:"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm the man...":guitar:
Simon: "Oh...SECURITY!"

outside...

Ryan: "So...how'd it go?"
Mick: "Well, Paula really liked me. She smiled and clapped for me. Randy was kind of on the fence. They said I was good, but that I didn't have the right image. But Simon was just a jerk. Well you know what, Simon...BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP...."

:first:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
:rotfl: Classic!!!

:first:

That was good, lol! :)

I've had similar thoughts to that scenario. Wonder how Tom Petty (who I really like but think has an odd voice/style) or Brian Johnson (AC-DC) would do on American Idol if nobody knew them yet? :)

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm honored. I humbly accept and will cherish this forever. :allsmile:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I'm honored. I humbly accept and will cherish this forever. :allsmile:

:shocked: I just noticed your avatar, LOL!

You know you are going to bring down the wrath of all Christiandumb on yourself with that right?

Grats on POTD :)

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:shocked: I just noticed your avatar, LOL!

You know you are going to bring down the wrath of all Christiandumb on yourself with that right?

Grats on POTD :)

Yeah; messing with the poster boy isn't always the wisest thing, is it? We'll see what happens. :chuckle:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who is Joe Osteen?

John Osteen was a charismatic preacher who had a television ministry from his Houston church. When he died, his son Joel took over the ministry and turned it into the largest (I think) church in the country. I think they bought a pro football stadium in Houston, so they have something like 250,000 attendees each week (among their multiple services).

He's become the most popular preacher in America. Sadly, he is scared to be forthright about the gospel. On Larry King Live, Larry asked him if Jews, Muslims, and atheists could go to heaven. Even regarding atheists, Osteen would only say something like, "I'm not God, I'll leave the judging up to him. I can't say who's going to heaven and who's not."

He also wouldn't say outright that belief in Jesus was an absolute requirement for salvation. He said, "For me, I believe it's true. But I can't say what someone else believes or doesn't believe won't get them to heaven." Or something like that.

And about Mormonism (talking about Mit Romney), he admitted to never having looked into their belief system, but he believes they are fellow Christians.

He is either lost himself, or he's a coward.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think:

Chickenman's POTD

:plain: > > > :) > > > :chuckle: > > > :D > > > :crackup: > > > :rotfl:

:first: :roses:

:thumb:​

C

cattyfan

John Osteen was a charismatic preacher who had a television ministry from his Houston church. When he died, his son Joel took over the ministry and turned it into the largest (I think) church in the country. I think they bought a pro football stadium in Houston, so they have something like 250,000 attendees each week (among their multiple services).

He's become the most popular preacher in America. Sadly, he is scared to be forthright about the gospel. On Larry King Live, Larry asked him if Jews, Muslims, and atheists could go to heaven. Even regarding atheists, Osteen would only say something like, "I'm not God, I'll leave the judging up to him. I can't say who's going to heaven and who's not."

He also wouldn't say outright that belief in Jesus was an absolute requirement for salvation. He said, "For me, I believe it's true. But I can't say what someone else believes or doesn't believe won't get them to heaven." Or something like that.

And about Mormonism (talking about Mit Romney), he admitted to never having looked into their belief system, but he believes they are fellow Christians.

Happy clappy, all Gospel, no Law church is the worst thing to happen to Christianity.

GuySmiley

Gratz on the POTD! But yeah on Osteen, of course he's not saying those people are going to hell . . . why alienate such a huge group of potential doners . . . and book buyers . . . .

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I asked who JOE Osteen was. Don't want to know any more about this Joel fella :vomit:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I asked who JOE Osteen was. Don't want to know any more about this Joel fella :vomit:

Ahhhh....
I figured a foreigner like you hadn't heard of the guy and that's why you were asking. :chuckle:
Joe, Joe, Joe...:think: Well...:idunno:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ahhhh....
I figured a foreigner like you hadn't heard of the guy and that's why you were asking. :chuckle:
Joe, Joe, Joe...:think: Well...:idunno:
I'm just pulling yer leg, 99. Or is that Peter's leg...

Lemme check ... *grabs chopsticks*

HEY!!!! WHADDYA MEAN!!>> FOREIGNER!!!

:madmad:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They must have some good preservatives over there if you're still nibbling on Peter. 30-year old goat drumsticks... :think: ...:chew: ....:help: ....:vomit: ....:dead: ....:eek:linger:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They must have some good preservatives over there if you're still nibbling on Peter. 30-year old goat drumsticks... :think: ...:chew: ....:help: ....:vomit: ....:dead: ....:eek:linger:
You'd be amazed what they can do with a bit of soy sauce and some left over bean curd....

Status
Not open for further replies.