Knight's POTD 1-17-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
AJ had the Post of the Year in 2007. This may not be Post of the Year material but it's still good.

Sozo, did you say that Jesus wasn't human? I don't recall, but that seems to be the picture AMR wants to paint of you. This seems like strawman attacks.

Actually isn't it your view AMR that makes all of the Incarnation a facade. I mean you seem to want to hold to a form of Nestorianism that says that the Second Person was out of the room while Jesus the human was being tempted.

Jesus was human and he was God. To argue for a dichotomy between the divine and the humanity is to bark up the wrong trial.
:first:

Sozo

Just to clarify...

I believe that:

Jesus had a body prepared form Him. Hebrews 10:5

God sent His Son in the "likeness" of sinful flesh Romans 8:3

He was found in the "appearance" of a man Philippians 2:8

God is manifest in the flesh. 1 Timothy 3:16

He is the exact representation of the nature of God Hebrews 1:3

One nature in a human body, that died on the cross for our sins, was buried in a tomb, was raised because of our justification and is seated in the heavenlies at the right hand of God.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Just to clarify...

I believe that:

One nature in a human body, that died on the cross for our sins, was buried in a tomb, was raised because of our justification and is seated in the heavenlies at the right hand of God.
:up: Excellent!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just to clarify...

I believe that:

A biblical response to this appears here.

Sozo

I read it, and it's nothing more that biased rhetoric and eisegesis based on his preconceived assumptions. There is not ONE single verse in the bible that supports his view that Jesus had two natures. He has fabricated a pseudo savior of his own imagination who does not die for our sins, but leaves some unknown man on a cross while God goes on vacation.

The fact that Newman likes it, should be evidence enough that it is nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.