Why Atheism???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I didn't provoke her.

her comment, "one cannot see beyond the rainbow to the prism which creates it. peace, bybee"

Is condescending. It's suggests that I'm in capable of understanding your argument. This is not the case.

It's just like when Christians say, "I once was lost like you... "

You're making an assumption about me and suggesting that we "just don't get it". Whether you believe that or not, it's condescending and rude.

I didn't provoke her and I don't think the ad homs were warranted.

In regard to my "that's mighty christian of you" comment, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of someone who claims to be a fan of Jesus and his teachings (turn the other cheek) who then goes straight to verbal assaults on my character instead of arguing my ideas.
well, your name says it all, born slacker. Your add horns are on your head :crackup:

bornslacker

I'm not surprised that you guys think your responses were justified. It speaks directly to the theist mindset and your morality.

I was once lost like you in delusion, then I found science.

Science bless you ;-)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not surprised that you guys think your responses were justified. It speaks directly to the theist mindset and your morality.

I was once lost like you in delusion, then I found science.

Science bless you ;-)

And herein lies the problem. First off, let me say that I am NOT a Christian, but rather someone who promotes freedom of religion and from religion (for individuals).

However, what you just stated does nothing to promote civil discussion. You pretty much railed on Bybee for being uncivil for simply explaining her views, and yet you had no problem telling EVERY Christian on here they are delusional.

You know, it is entirely possible to disagree with others without claiming they are delusional.

I don't think it is delusional to believe there *might* be a higher power, however, there isn't enough evidence for me to agree that one exists.

bornslacker

And herein lies the problem. First off, let me say that I am NOT a Christian, but rather someone who promotes freedom of religion and from religion (for individuals).

However, what you just stated does nothing to promote civil discussion. You pretty much railed on Bybee for being uncivil for simply explaining her views, and yet you had no problem telling EVERY Christian on here they are delusional.

You know, it is entirely possible to disagree with others without claiming they are delusional.

I don't think it is delusional to believe there *might* be a higher power, however, there isn't enough evidence for me to agree that one exists.

Are you familiar with the term, "sarcasm"?

Apparently, you didn't catch it.

Don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.