Where does the bible teach that people are immortal?

clefty

Neither, before the creation of the physical universe all spirits made in HIS image were created with a free will and then, after maturing in their society, heard the gospel proclaimed Col 1:23 and made their free will choices to accept it or to reject it.

Adam and Eve accepted it and became elect but then Eve rebelled because some of Her friends (in point, the serpent) chose to reject YHWH and HIS promises and Adam rebelled as he was afraid to leave his good friend Eve to YHWH's tender mercy. This precipitated the postponement of the judgement and all sinners living together in the world as humans, Matt 13, the parable of the good but sinful seed in two parts.

Oh my...

everready

Hmmm, i fail to see how the words you highlight teach/show that man has immortality. Perhaps if it read, " Let us make man like us."
Well how about
Gen 3:22 And the Lord God said, "Behold, thr man is become as one of us (not in essence or diety) to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take ALSO OF THE TREE OF LIFE, AND EAT, AND LIVE FOREVER. ?
Obiviously, eating of the tree of life will grant a human eternal life. And no mortal has yet eaten of the tree of life,
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that have his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gate into the city.

Gen 2:7 says that God breathed into man and man became a "living soul". Nothing about "and man became an immortal being."

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof THOU SHALT SURELY DIE.
How can an immortal being ever die?

And as is the norm for this site, you simply ignore the verses I have shown. I don't get it. Do people actually believe that if they ignore verses they reject, that their rejection nullifies those verses? You act as if scripture contradicts scripture.

Can you, is it possible that you can answer one simple question? Not quoting me other verses, just answer this question, please?

Based on 1Tim 6:15-16,
Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of Kings, and Lord of lords..
WHO ONLY HATH IMMORALITY.
Let me repeat that last part:
WHO ONLY HATH IMMORALITY,

Who has immortality? Who ONLY has immortality. Please answer the question.
Because this clearly says that ONLY God has immortality. ONLY GOD HAS IMMORALITY.
I ask you yet again, based on God's word, who is the only being in the entire created universe and of all beings, that is immortal?
What does the bible say about immortality? In that who is immortal? Can you please answer me?

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Its all about eternity.. eternal life or eternal damnation..

everready

clefty

Its all about eternity.. eternal life or eternal damnation..

everready

From the beginning man was never immortal...but dependent on the tree of life...

Disobedient he was barred from accessing that source...and living forever...thus man died as he was never immortal...

And once dead there is no access in hell to the tree of life...and besides unable to eat of it in spirit form...thus man is no more as he was never immortal...

way 2 go

More pot stirring. In the Evangelical world it is taught and believed that all people will live forever, that all people will have an eternal life. Yet, I must ask for proof once again. I am so sorry, but I must show verses that yet again refute another false teaching.
:think:

There is
1 spiritual death Mat_8:22
2 physical death Mat 8:22
3 there is alive yet dead Rev 20:12
4 death as a place Rev 20:13

1Tim 6:15-16
Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords; WHO ONLY HATH IMMORALITY.
Now, am I wrong or does this verse state that only God/Jesus is immortal?

1Tim 1:17 Now unto the King eternal. immortal....

1Tim 6:15-16 says God has immortality God has not been given or acquired immortality

nothing there that says we cannot or do not have immortality.

There is not one verses that states man is immortal.
There is no verse saying after the judgement man will cease to exist
but the opposite is said.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life.

2Tim 1:10 But is now made manifest( made known) by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus(the)Christ, who hath abolished death. and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

1Cor 15: 51-54
Behold, I shew you a mystery, We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye,at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead ( dead believers) shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For the corruptible must put on incorruption. AND THIS MORTAL MUST PUT ON IMMORTALITY. ( if we must put on immortality, must mean that we do not have immortality already. We will not be immortal until after Jesus returnes the second time.)
So when this corruptible (body of flesh we are born with) shall put on incorruptible (our new bodies) and this mortal ( there it is, we are mortal) shall have put on immortality,...

:think:
this shows Physical death is not the end of a persons spirit
& we will receive immortal Physical bodies.

Mat 19:29 And every one.....for my names sake, shall recieve (future tense) an hundredfold. and SHALL (will) INHERIT EVERLASTING LIFE.
Meaning something that will happen in the future, something you do not have now.
we do not have immortal Physical bodies but will receive immortal Physical bodies.
Lk 18:29-30 Verily I say to you. There is no man that hath left houses, or parents, or brethren ( biological siblings) or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,
Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.
yes life everlasting is a reward as opposed to eternal punishment.

Mat_25:46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

In the world to come, you dont have life everlasting now. Do you realize that Jesus is telling you that you will be rejected by your own family members because you believe in the truth?

Jn 5: 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life.
I like how you make a claim & then quote a verse that directly proves the opposite :chuckle:

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, The one who hears My Word, and believes the One who has sent Me, has everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Jn 5:28-29
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the grave shall hear his voice.
And shall come forth; they that have done good (sheep) unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil (reprobates, goats) unto the resurrection of damnation.

Believers recieve life, non-believers recieve damnation. Non-believers are not given, nor do they have immortality.
conjecture

Jn 10:25-28 (Speaking to Pharisees)
Jesus answered them, "I told you and ye believed not...
But ye believe not because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me. AND I GIVE UNTO THEM ETERNAL LIFE.

Did you catch that? Jesus will give us eternal life. We do not automatically have eternal life, it will be given to us at the end of this present age.
Jesus has given Christians life Col 2:13

we do not have immortal Physical bodies.
we will receive immortal Physical bodies.

So, if only believers are going to be given eternal life, immortality, and the goats will not be given eternal life, they will not be made immortal, how does that fit into the belief that the wicked will suffer eternal punishment? Because if a person does not have immortality, there is no way he/she can be punished for eternity.
Physical death does not cause a persons spirit to cease existence.

you can be alive yet dead
Mat 8:22 But Jesus said to him, Follow Me, and allow the dead to bury their own dead.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the small and the great, standing before God.

People, deal with the verses, go with what the bible teaches, not what the preachers say. The preachers are lying to you.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
I will go with what the bible teaches & not with what you are preaching.

I'm waiting for the verse saying after the judgement man will cease to exist.