Where do you dwell?

Where do you dwell?

• I own my house or condo (no mortgage)

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • I own a house or condo (yet I have a mortgage)

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I rent a house or condo

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I rent an apartment

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I am living with family or friends

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • I am living in a motel or shelter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am homeless and live in the street

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

koban

We own (our mortgage) but I continually dream of owning something else.

NW just survived his 2,897th round of lay offs in 10 years with practically the same company.

Actually, it was close to about the 8th or 9th round. It's like being held hostage by the boogie man, never knowing when he's going to jump out at ya!

Seems like everytime we think about buying another home we hear rumors of another lay off. :sigh:

Been there, done that. Got caught in the fifth wave (fifth year) after serving for ten years.

Turned out to be a blessing in disguise - got me out of an environment that wasn't good for me and down a path where I hope to be doing good for others.

Thank you God.

koban

I have some homes and stuff, but the best thing I have is a paid ticket to heaven and as much as I like sticking around in this would, I am not afraid of leaving.

My bags are packed and bills are paid
When I blast off, have a party for me, y'all hear.:cheers: :jump: :juggle:
:chew: ha ha :juggle:

:wave:

Light a path for us all, OK? :wave:

koban

Still holding onto my house in an affluent burb with terrific schools (for the boys) - came pretty close last winter to living out of my van or in my folks' basement, but the Good Lord provided and I was able to tap a previously untappable 401K and squeak through.

Hoping to coast through to next January when (God willing) I'll have a paycheck again.

MrRadish

I'm living in the house belonging (mortgage-free) to my mother at the moment, but 30 weeks out of 52 I'm in rented student accomodation.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:plain: Just paid off my mortgage this week.....

...it ain't much but it's all mine. :)

.....ceptin' for Granites obvious point about the dirt tax. :sigh: