ECT What were the contents of the "other" gospel Paul fought?

Interplanner

Hi and Matt 24:14 , reads from the KJV , And this gospe of the Kingdom SHALL BE PREACHED in ALL the world for a witness unto all nations and THEN SHALL the End Come !!

Both of the verbs in verse 14 , SHALL BE PREACHED and THEN SHALL THE END COME are both in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and one in the Passive and the other in the ACTIVE VOICE !!

Shall be preached in all the world is to JEWS ONLY by the 144,000 Jews and not to Gentiles !!

So when does THEN SHALL THE END COME , also a Greek FUTURE TENSE verb , that any one can check and see !!

So , when this the END TO COME as the context is ALL JEWISH ??

And what happens after that ??

dan p

There are some times when the whole 'gea' just means all of Israel and then (its) end will come. That may be the meaning there.

DAN P

Mt 24A is about the desolation of Jerusalem/Israel in the 1st century. The 2nd coming was expected right after that, v29, where the scene goes worldwide and final judgement. But he also allowed for the final judgement to be delayed. It was.

Other than the things that happen to Israel in A, there is nothing Judaic or confined to Israel in the message.

Hi and I know that you are KIDDING and the END is the Great Tribulation and verses 15-31 gives the woes that will happen !!

dan p

DAN P

Welcome back, DP; hope all is well with you, bro.

Hi and a DR replaced the LEN in my right eye and will take time to see better !!

I have worn glasses for 70 years and I do not have to use them any more is what I hope !!

I always get a KICK at Interplanners answers !!

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and I know that you are KIDDING and the END is the Great Tribulation and verses 15-31 gives the woes that will happen !!

dan p

Not kidding. The directness and the setting of Mt24A is 1st century Judean. After that it is about the end of the world.

You don't give people urgent, vital warnings about things X000 years in the future. You tell them to chill and that it has to do with X000 years in the future. That is nowhere in the passge.

john w

Hall of Fame

You don't give people urgent, vital warnings about things X000 years in the future. You tell them to chill and that it has to do with X000 years in the future. That is nowhere in the passge.

Vs.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

john w

Hall of Fame
Well, you see, uh...the thing is, uh....

When do you reckon the book of Izzy was written, Mayor?!

Isaiah 2:12 KJV For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

Isaiah 13:6 KJV Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

DAN P

What were the doctrines of the bogus gospel Paul fought?

Hi and it was not a BOGUS gospel as you believe !!
OUT as written in 2 Cor 3:13-16 and it seems that you have ADOPTED the VAIL that was being PHASED OUT !!

The PHASING out means no more Signs , Prophecy , Tongues , Water Baptisms , Dreams or Pentecost !!

Gal 5:4 says that you ARE FALLEN FROM GRACE and in Gal 1:8 and 9 ARE ACCURSED for leaving the Gospel that Paul taught !!

Looks like you are CORRUPTED !!

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and it was not a BOGUS gospel as you believe !!
OUT as written in 2 Cor 3:13-16 and it seems that you have ADOPTED the VAIL that was being PHASED OUT !!

The PHASING out means no more Signs , Prophecy , Tongues , Water Baptisms , Dreams or Pentecost !!

Gal 5:4 says that you ARE FALLEN FROM GRACE and in Gal 1:8 and 9 ARE ACCURSED for leaving the Gospel that Paul taught !!

Looks like you are CORRUPTED !!

dan p

???
also please note: Vail is in Colorado.

Danoh

Hi and a DR replaced the LEN in my right eye and will take time to see better !!

I have worn glasses for 70 years and I do not have to use them any more is what I hope !!

I always get a KICK at Interplanners answers !!

dan p

Good to hear!

Again, welcome back!

Danoh

When do you reckon the book of Izzy was written, Mayor?!

Isaiah 2:12 KJV For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

Isaiah 13:6 KJV Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Yep - emminence is ever...emminent.

1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Danoh

What was mistaken about the 'gospel' that Paul opposed?

As I have often noted on here, regardless of who is asking what - the problem with such types of questions is the expectation no matter who attempts to answer it, that said individual will being doing so from where it's asker, is asking it, or looks at such things from.

In IP's case, one of his recurrent patterns (pattern observable in and through another's repeated words and or behavior, when objectively observed) is the often easily observable fact that he has long since made automatic habit, his taking of what he thinks a thing is saying is...as being what it is actually saying.

The man is simply too far gone in this hodg-podge dream-like patch-work result of his own readings into a thing, to really answer him to his satisfaction, outside of approaching these things in a manner as incompetent as his own.

Again - the problem with such types of questions is the expectation no matter who attempts to answer it, that said individual will being doing so from where it's asker, is asking it, or looks at such things from.

No matter who asks such questions.

The fact of the matter is that such questions jump the gun of what their asker first needs to both lay out and prove the soundness of, before asking their question.

That is the recurrent pattern in Scripture, other than when the particular authority asking the question is depicted asking their question of one who is already familiar with where said asker is asking their question from, to begin with.

In this, asking such questions of another in the manner IP has done, is the mark of an individual unfamiliar with the above practice depicted in Scripture.

Absent of the above, such are foolish, that is to say; unlearned questions.

And "books learned" too often results in one's having remained "unlearned."

Too often results in one who is - "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" - 2 Tim. 3:7.

In short...

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" - Is. 8:20

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12