Took the Plunge

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Last year about a month after the year began I finally found the backbone to get her out of private school. I ordered ABeka but never did catch up properly. Thanks to God, she did learn in spite of me though :)

Starting in September with 3rd grade (which is so cool we can start when we want instead of *before* Labor Day) we will be diving into the DVD version of ABeka's Accredited program.

I am so happy :) I missed her so much while she was in school. Her attitude has changed from night to day! Yeah! LOL but now, without the constraints of a school's timeline, her grandparents want her for weeks at a time. Ol' folks and their RVs lol

Anyway, has anyone else used this particular version of ABeka? I'm sort of nervous and all those books sit on the shelf mocking me. In a month, I will start trying my hand at lesson plans...

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Took the Plunge

Originally posted by Nineveh
Last year about a month after the year began I finally found the backbone to get her out of private school. I ordered ABeka but never did catch up properly. Thanks to God, she did learn in spite of me though :)

Starting in September with 3rd grade (which is so cool we can start when we want instead of *before* Labor Day) we will be diving into the DVD version of ABeka's Accredited program.

I am so happy :) I missed her so much while she was in school. Her attitude has changed from night to day! Yeah! LOL but now, without the constraints of a school's timeline, her grandparents want her for weeks at a time. Ol' folks and their RVs lol

Anyway, has anyone else used this particular version of ABeka? I'm sort of nervous and all those books sit on the shelf mocking me. In a month, I will start trying my hand at lesson plans...

Congrats on taking the plunge, Nineveh! I've never used ABeka, but I've been homeschooling for six years now. If you need any advice or just to vent, feel free to e-mail me.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I first started homeschooling, I was scared to death. I thought that there was no way that I was qualified to teach my daughter. I started out through a charter school. It took me two years to work up the confidence to go out on my own. :D