toldailytopic: Who do you give thanks to?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 22nd, 2012 09:51 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I give thanks to God for sending His Son to die for my sin.
I give thanks to my wife for being my best friend. (and putting up with me)
I give thanks to my kids for being so respectful, well behaved, yet playful, talented and filled with unique personality.
I give thanks for my friends, especially my online friends who have kept TOL going for 16 years!
I give thanks for those that serve and keep us free.
I especially give thanks for those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
I give thanks for tasty turkey, cold drink, football, and enjoying company on Thanksgiving Day.

bybee

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I give thanks to God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for all that blesses me. Through trial and error of this life I am sustained by His love and mercy.

Lovebug

Jesus of course!

All good things are listed under Him.

:)

PureX

There are far too many people for me to be thankful to, and for, to name them all. But there is a special group of people who have been in my life for many years that have helped me more than any others. They are the many artists I have known and still associate with that are scattered all around the country, and some near to home. Their insight, and courage, and curiosity, and innate kindness has been that light that has led me through many a dark night. And I bless them and thank them all, for their daring to be who and what they are in a culture that doesn't much appreciate them.

eameece

A better question is "what do you give thanks FOR?" but whatever....

I give thanks for.....

Nature and its beauty and abundance all around us and within us
God the sustaining source and power within us all
My parents and others who have helped me
All the places I can interact with people
All the great musicians, past and present, popular and not so popular, who enrich my life
All the charities and groups that help people and preserve our environment

Last edited:
GOD. Because he made a beautiful, intelligent woman marry me even tho I'm ugly and obnoxious.Obviously, It was not her idea. LOL

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I give thanks to my kids for being so respectful, well behaved, yet playful, talented and filled with unique personality.
I give thanks for my friends, especially my online friends who have kept TOL going for 16 years!
I especially give thanks for those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
I give thanks for tasty turkey, cold drink, football, and enjoying company on Thanksgiving Day.

As not to repeat this list I will just say Ditto! This list satisfies my sentiments exactly. I would add one though...

I give thanks for the phenomenal cigar I will enjoy this evening after enjoying a Thanksgiving meal. :cigar:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As not to repeat this list I will just say Ditto! This list satisfies my sentiments exactly. I would add one though...

I give thanks for the phenomenal cigar I will enjoy this evening after enjoying a Thanksgiving meal. :cigar:
:doh: I knew I forgot something!!!

Knight:
Do you like parodis? They are from Italy. Try and squish them! They make larger cigars superflous.I love cigars. But sometimes a cheap cigar is worth more then an expansive one. Love the humble.
Is a moderator disrailing this thread? Just asking!
OK, you are grateful for cigars and I'm grateful for my wife. No problem, everythings cool.

Lon

Yes yes and yes.

I can't believe I'm doing this because I'm doing the dinner this year and am busy but here is my challenge:

PM one TOL member today (at least) and tell them why you are thankful God brought them to you.

Variation: Call one church member and say the same thing and tell them to do the same then each of you through the chain, call your pastor and leave his answering machine full of thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving and blessings in Him, all

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I give thanks to my friends and family and thanks for the wonderful teaching women at my church and thanks for all the great Bible teachers I have had in my life. I give thanks for the Bible.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Amen, same here and i cant say it any better than that!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

This is a good beginning...

The great creator, the prophet's messiah, the I AM.

This is a good ending...

Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done;
And Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

Psalm 40:5

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber

unto the Father

Colossians 1:12 KJV Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: