toldailytopic: Objectively, when does a person become a person? At conception? Or at

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't think it is legal to murder the baby. Roe vs. Wade didn't annul any state's law against premeditated murder. It opined that abortion (the premature removal of a fetus from the maternal tissue) was legal. And it didn't make the words murder and abortion Legal synonyms.
I missed the part where I used the legal term "murder."

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What difference does that make since God will determine murder on whether it has a soul.
Are you saying it has a soul, or that it does not?

You didn't. You used the term kill which according to my studies God never uses when referring to the malicious separation of a body and its soul.
So you're saying it is murder?

Well, if you are then you can clearly see that it is declared legal as there is no application of laws against murder to this act. The government has ignored and overstepped God's command of "Do not murder," and the authority He delegated to them in the application of His commands.

coehling

Does the mother have to wait til Judgement day to find out?

Absolutely not. She just has to read Psalm 51: 5, 6, or 7, depending on which translation you use. Also, we know the courts have given child support based on DNA. Ergo, the man was a father and she a mother of a human child at conception. Human being is a word which is can be used to further describe an age as in fetus, baby, minor, teenager, major, adult, etc.

ThePresbyteers

Interesting read here. THis artilce strts off with this:
David Swindle objects to my uncompromising description of abortion as murder on the grounds that the term “murder” presupposes the mother’s intent to be causing the death of something she knows to be a person. At most, he says, “manslaughter” is a more appropriate description, because by pro-lifers’ (myself included) own admission, many women seeking abortions may not know that science unambiguously proves that human life begins with fertilization, making zygotes, embryos, and fetuses every cell as much a “human being” as David and me.

coehling

useful idiots

useful idiots

Interesting read here. THis artilce strts off with this:
David Swindle objects to my uncompromising description of abortion as murder on the grounds that the term “murder” presupposes the mother’s intent to be causing the death of something she knows to be a person. At most, he says, “manslaughter” is a more appropriate description, because by pro-lifers’ (myself included) own admission, many women seeking abortions may not know that science unambiguously proves that human life begins with fertilization, making zygotes, embryos, and fetuses every cell as much a “human being” as David and me.

You are so very right that the supreme court virtually ignores the science and expounds on the abortion. The persons who "may not know that a person's life begins with fertilization" are what Lenin called useful idiots, IMHO, and they are with us today. Those who do know are a god unto themselves.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't know the reason, but I suspect the problem is they must remove the damaged falopian tube and the baby dies from lack of blood supply. The uterus wall with the hypertrophied endothelial cells is needed. The human placenta is different from many others and few if any women want to be a guinea pig. I doubt medicine can develop a weeks old placenta and the uterine response in a hour's surgical procedure.

One way or another it's unavoidable. It's either this or also lose the mother.