toldailytopic: In eternity will TOL will have mattered?

oatmeal

Will TOL have mattered?

Yes, an avenue for the truth to be made known is a good thing.

oatmeal

nothead

BANNED
Banned
Not all realize the vast implication of the internet.

All concepts or trends have the distinct chance to go viral...

The Middle East has changed drastically recently over internet communication...

Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Libya.

Young people blogging, watching news releases, encouraging, educating.

With a single push of a keyboard button, the same idea is transmitted over the whole world...

And the mind in the machine for that issue will prevail.

Yes the internet will make a difference. And truth will prevail if truth is upheld
and seeked for by all. Individual websites will be influential.

And in the end, all debate forums will have to open up to agendas which refute the status quo. Because just over the partition the refutation will continue on.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
One God-hater here named Allsmiles asked Christ to reveal himself to him. He even put it on video. :dizzy: It is doubtful that he repented (1 Ch 28:9). :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This should always be posted when Revelation 20 is referenced. It explains who the dead are and who will be judged by works. To be judged by works means that the ones being judged by works are the dead. Death means separation from God. Judgment of the dead only signifies the degree of punishment the dead will suffer. Those who are written in the lambs book of life never suffers this fate but enter into the Kingdom.

Matthew 25:31 *¶When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 *And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 *And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 *Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:35 *For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 *Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 *Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 *When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 *Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 *And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 *Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 *For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 *I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

The "dead" being referenced are the, 'Spiritually dead" those who were never regenerated by the Spirit (never placed their faith in Christ)

eameece

Sense eternity is right now to you, Does TOL matter to you right now?

If you could learn to spell "since" correctly, that would make a difference. :)

I guess it matters to me a little; it gives me a place to spout my opinions, fwiw..... but the thrust of ideas and opinions on this site are in the wrong direction, so it does more harm than good unfortunately.

Eternity is now, but "now" includes all of eternity....

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
sharing light....

sharing light....

Indeed,...for 'now' is the only place we will be in all eternity. We are only ever existing in the now. Each arising moment is our experience, perception and knowledge of Life.

Since we are using this forum as a network of information, discussion and dialogue, our 'inter-actions' here are real-time sharings in eternity, even though to us they are being translated thru space and time.

Every exchange of mind, spirit, energy and matter has not only its cause/effect relationships but its natural affections as well. These arise from the great omnipresence of Spirit and return to that Infinite One, since that Infinite One is really all there is.

pj

eameece

Indeed,...for 'now' is the only place we will be in all eternity. We are only ever existing in the now. Each arising moment is our experience, perception and knowledge of Life.

Since we are using this forum as a network of information, discussion and dialogue, our 'inter-actions' here are real-time sharings in eternity, even though to us they are being translated thru space and time.

Every exchange of mind, spirit, energy and matter has not only its cause/effect relationships but its natural affections as well. These arise from the great omnipresence of Spirit and return to that Infinite One, since that Infinite One is really all there is.
Words of truth, if we could but know them better. Well said. :cool:

pj[/QUOTE]

elected4ever

I guess it matters to me a little; it gives me a place to spout my opinions, fwiw..... but the thrust of ideas and opinions on this site are in the wrong direction, so it does more harm than good unfortunately.

I really don't think I can agree to that. Now is time. Time is measured eternity. Time does not include all of eternity. Time will end. Eternity will continue. The problem is your and my measured existence and what we do with it determines whether we go back to the infinite one or not. The wrong choice will determine an existence separated from the infinite one that I and others refer to as God. Our departure from time does not automatically mean we return to the God that made us. The infinite one has determined that we must choose His way in order to return to him.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Yes, of course! If someone trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) they are saved and sealed (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)!

And I know for certain that those who are not building upon the foundation that a wise masterbuilder Paul laid will lose rewards. (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV)

What will be the cost for what was allowed to be said in the negative about our Lord Jesus Christ and the daily perverting of the gospel of Christ that goes on here?

eameece

I really don't think I can agree to that. Now is time. Time is measured eternity. Time does not include all of eternity. Time will end. Eternity will continue. The problem is your and my measured existence and what we do with it determines whether we go back to the infinite one or not. The wrong choice will determine an existence separated from the infinite one that I and others refer to as God. Our departure from time does not automatically mean we return to the God that made us. The infinite one has determined that we must choose His way in order to return to him.

A higher level of awareness reveals a different view. Eternity is now, it could not be at any other time. Our choices may determine part of what happens in our lives, as we reap what we sow, but not whether we are together with the infinite one or not. The infinite one is always with us, united with us, or it would not be infinite.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
existence now.......

existence now.......

A higher level of awareness reveals a different view. Eternity is now, it could not be at any other time. Our choices may determine part of what happens in our lives, as we reap what we sow, but not whether we are together with the infinite one or not. The infinite one is always with us, united with us, or it would not be infinite.

Yes, God is the primal and ever-present reality, - nothing could exist without God, neither can anything exist outside of the Infinite. These metaphysical principles are inherent within our own philosophical world-view, since we both have backgrounds in Divine Science ....and are consonant with the basic context of non-dualism.

As long as we retain consciousness and some memory (in this dimension and beyond), our sharing here and now has meaning and value in eternity.

pj

elected4ever

That is a hair-brained statement. Man is a mortal not an infinite. Time is just a measurement of the mortals perception of existence. We just exist in the portion of eternity that we are aware off and not in the whole of it.

dreadknought

I wrote in a private message to Serpent Dove, "But it is all just an internet forum made of people I do not even know."

Serpent Dove replied, "Yeah, but it's the best, huh? I bet in eternity TOL will have mattered."

And I wondered if that could be true? I had never thought about it before.
So I'm just submitting it as a TOD:

In eternity will TOL will have mattered?

Or should that might just be asked in the Christian section forum?

Sounds good, lets give your topic a shot. :up:

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 24th, 2012 10:17 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Bump :D