The Sensation of Activation...

Mocking You

Hello. I've been lurking here for a long time trying to get the lay of the land and learning about the diverse personalities on TOL. You all get along so well with each other, such a tight-knit loving community. No long terms grudges. No name calling. No sarcasm. Real lovey-dovey, fruit of the Spirit stuff on display. And such witty people.

After reading many, many threads going back years into the archives, the mood of this place soaked into me and it inspired my user name of "Mocking You".

I became a born again believer when I was 13 years old, had some misadventures in my college days, but God is faithful and never lets go. I'm in my 50's now and have two teenaged boys which keeps me young.

I hope to learn more about this MAD theology that seems popular here. Also will like to explore the Open Theism area. My theology has evolved somewhat over the years, I am open to instruction, if a convincing case can be made. I'll probably chime in on the Calvinism threads--I thank God that he predestined me to be a non-Calvinist!

Bonus--I see TOL has a mobile app and is on TapaTalk.

So, let's get to it, shall we?

Word based mystic

I am about a month new. and am similar to your motives on coming here.

I have almost left many times because of how brutal some of these long term antagonists of one another are.

But I really want to see what newer focuses are being discussed in these kind of sites.

MAD is relatively new to me. Calvinism is an old but stubborn issue. If someone could convince me God wants robots for those who love Him then maybe I would be convinced also. Imagine a husband creating a wife and programming her to love him passionately.
Robot obey me. robot scratch my back. robot worship me. robot respect me.
For I predestined you robot to do all you will do and I am excited to look forward to all the things I have programmed you to do.

Mocking You

Calvinism is an old but stubborn issue. If someone could convince me God wants robots for those who love Him then maybe I would be convinced also. Imagine a husband creating a wife and programming her to love him passionately.
Robot obey me. robot scratch my back. robot worship me. robot respect me.
For I predestined you robot to do all you will do and I am excited to look forward to all the things I have programmed you to do.

Not only that but under Calvinism, God requires humans to do things that he has not equipped them to do. Repent! Under Calvinism humans don't have the ability.