• NO

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
What war? This is a "mop up" operation. Let March Madness begin! Go Hoosiers!!!

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
But seriously, if this conflict starts to get out of hand and we begin to suffer serious casualties then that would be a different issue. What did the National Baseball League do during World War II?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kind of a hard call for me. Part of me thinks that at a point in time it could be disrespectful to those that are defending us. But maybe they would rather the sporting events continue as usual.

I have to think about it a bit more before I give a definite yes or no.

shilohproject

Everytime I am overseas in a crisis situation, the sports from home is one of the sure connections, even if it's delayed! (Not so much of a problem any more.) Play ball!

Hook 'em, Horns!

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Knight
So.. did you vote?
No, because I can't decide. I think the commissioners of the leagues should follow the suggestion of the President if he makes one. Sports are entertainment. So are movies and private and public golf clubs. Golf clubs don't shut down. Movie theaters don't close. Public swimming pools don't close. Etc., etc., etc. Why should only our national sports be the only form of entertainment that is put under the spotlight during times of war? Why the double standard?

Freak

Originally posted by Jefferson
But seriously, if this conflict starts to get out of hand and we begin to suffer serious casualties then that would be a different issue. What did the National Baseball League do during World War II?

The postponed the games. In fact sporting events all over the world were cancelled.