searching for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnakol

hello all! i am new to TOL and am very excited about all of the discussions. i have "been a christian" for quite a few years as i have been raised in a christ centered family, but as i have grown older i am moving out of the category of just accepting that all of this is true, to really digging in and seeing what i believe for myself. i definitely believe that God is the creator of the universe and that he sent his son to die on the cross for our sins and that we will get to heaven by our belief and acknowledgment of that. but as for everything else i have no idea what i believe. there is so much i want to learn and i dont know where to begin...what are all of these different types that i hear about? Calvinism, armineism etc. what do you believe and why? all that good stuff...cant wait to search all the forums and see what people have to say!

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Hello. You believe in Christ's death, but do you believe in his resurrection?

bnakol

yes i do believe in his resurrection...i should have clarified. i believe in the death burial and resurrection of christ..although, while i believe this i have no idea why, as i have never truly studied it, i have just accepted it. i know in my heart that it is true, but the why still lingers.

Aimiel

I believe in Jesus. What The Bible says is Truth. What men say about Him might be true, partially true or even a lie... but The Bible is true. The One Who is called: "Faithful and True," lives in me. Welcome to TOL!!! :thumb:

Karl der Grosse

Do you believe that Jesus is God in the flesh, died for our sins, and rose from the dead?

I'm new here myself, and this is a great site. Be careful though, like everywhere you go, if you ask two people the same question, you may get three answers.....

That being said....Welcome!

Aimiel

yes i do believe in his resurrection...i should have clarified. i believe in the death burial and resurrection of christ..although, while i believe this i have no idea why, as i have never truly studied it, i have just accepted it. i know in my heart that it is true, but the why still lingers.
The fact that you believe in Jesus as Saviour and Lord shows that God is in you, and has imparted revelation knowledge to you. Ask Him for more, and He'll give it.

bnakol

i have one question that has been bothering me....jesus was a jew correct? what do jews believe? should we be jews?

Aimiel

No. We're adopted by God, as His Elect, but we aren't to come under the law as they are. We're set apart from the natural vine, which has been cast away.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
i have one question that has been bothering me....jesus was a jew correct? what do jews believe? should we be jews?

Jesus was a Jew but He was also the Messiah that they were looking for. Today the Jews are still looking

We are all redeemed because of what Jesus did

Have you read the New Testament?

bnakol

Jesus was a Jew but He was also the Messiah that they were looking for. Today the Jews are still looking

We are all redeemed because of what Jesus did

Have you read the New Testament?

why are they still looking for him if he already came?

so because jesus came and died and rose again, we all have a chance of knowing him and going to heaven, not just jews?

i have read the new testament, there is just so much i dont understand though. i should probably reread it again and try and form some more questions that i have

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
why are they still looking for him if he already came?

so because jesus came and died and rose again, we all have a chance of knowing him and going to heaven, not just jews?

i have read the new testament, there is just so much i dont understand though. i should probably reread it again and try and form some more questions that i have

the Jews were looking for a world leader so they rejected Jesus

Jesus suffered and died for everyone, not just the Jews

Lucky

Hall of Fame
i have one question that has been bothering me....jesus was a jew correct?
Yes. The King of them.
should we be jews?
There was a debate in Acts 15 over that question. The answer is no. At first, a non-Jew (Gentile) who believed in Christ would become both a Jewish proselyte and a Christian. But that was only for a short time because right after Acts 9 (when Jesus chose Paul as his instrument to carry his name before the Gentiles), we see the gospel and the Holy Spirit began going directly to the Gentiles. Peter was a witness to this change. It took a few chapters in Acts before the rest of the Jewish Christians understood what happened. Even today, some Christians don't see the transition, I guess because they haven't really read the book all that much.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
sorry if my questions are weird...i really have no idea...lol

No need to be sorry. Might as well take full advantage of this place in your search for answers. :)

Aimiel

Bnakol,

Have you played, "World of Goo"? Your name sounds like something the little goo-guys say in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.