Old Testament did not supersede New Testament

Bee1

The NT was "written" as a follow up to the OT. First let me say that by no means am I consider an expert in religious matters, my schooling only going as far as high school and some time in a trade school. But I was raised in believing in God and attending church on Sundays and Easter. When I became a man and could come and go as I pleased, I started asking questions about religion in general. Like why Sabbath is Saturday but we go to church on Sunday? Jesus died and rose in three days but Friday afternoon to Sunday morning is not three days. Why does the Bible contain material which also can be found in stories written centuries before the Bible. There are three major religions in the world that believe in one God, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Jews don't believe in Jesus, Christians believe Jesus is the son of God, died and rose in three days and Islam believe Jesus was just a messager like Muhammad. One God, three different philosophies.
The early Christian clergy had to connect their Bible with the OT and they did this by using Typology. Any body with a little interest on the subject can google this and confirm or oppose my view. Everything in " " are not my words but from Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typology_(theology)

1. "The system of Medieval allegory began in the Early Church as a method for synthesizing the seeming discontinuities between the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) and the New Testament. The Church studied both testaments and saw each as equally inspiredby God, yet the Old Testament contained discontinuities for Christians such as the Jewish kosher laws and the requirement for male circumcision. This therefore encouraged seeing at least parts of the Old Testament not as a literal account but as an allegory or foreshadowing of the events of the New Testament, and in particular examining how the events of the Old Testament related to the events of Christ's life. Most theorists believed in the literal truth of the Old Testament accounts, but regarded the events described as shaped by God to provide types foreshadowing Christ. Others regarded some parts of the Bible as essentially allegorical; however, the typological relationships remained the same whichever view was taken. Paul states the doctrine in Colossians2:16–17 – "Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." The idea also finds expression in the Letter to the Hebrews".

2. "The story of Jonah and the fish in the Old Testament offers an example of typology. In the Old Testament Book of Jonah, Jonah told his shipmates to throw him overboard, explaining that God's wrath would pass if Jonah were sacrificed, and that the sea would become calm. Jonah then spent three days and three nights in the belly of a great fish before it spat him up onto dry land.

Typological interpretation of this story holds that it prefigures Christ's burial and resurrection. The stomach of the fish represented Christ's tomb; as Jonah exited from the fish after three days and three nights, so did Christ rise from His tomb on the third day. In the New Testament, Jesus invokes Jonah in the manner of a type: "As the crowds increased, Jesus said, 'This is a wicked generation. It asks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.'" Luke 11:29–32 (see also Matthew 12:38–42, 16:1–4). In Jonah 2, Jonah called the belly of the fish "She'ol", the land of the dead (translated as "the grave" in the NIV Bible)".

So what I get from above passage is early Christian clergy got together to draw parallels from the OT to put in the NT. They did not go about and gather as many transcripts as possible about Jesus and put it together to make the NT.

3. "Genesis Chapter 22 brings us the story of the preempted offering of Isaac. God asks Abraham to offer his son Isaac to Him, cited as foreshadowing the crucifixion of Jesus. Isaac asks his father, “Where is the lamb for the burnt offering”, and Abraham prophesies, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And indeed, a ram caught by its horns awaits them, which is also seen as a type for Christ, the lamb that God provides for sacrifice, crowned by thorns".
And there are other examples but I think my post is long enough. So basically it tells you Typology (theology) was use in creating the NT.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
You're minimizing the role of the Apostles to the point where you barely mention them. The New Testament is first and foremost where we find all the extant documents written or dictated by Apostles, along with some other documents written by non-Apostles, but that were nonetheless authorized as Scripture by the Apostles, e.g., the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles, both written by Luke, a non-Apostle but a close companion with the Apostle Paul, and similarly the Gospel of Mark was written by Mark, who was a close companion with the Apostle Peter. iow, Mark and Luke are in a way the Gospel according to Peter and to Paul, respectively, and not the Gospel according to Mark and Luke.

Bee1

You're minimizing the role of the Apostles to the point where you barely mention them. The New Testament is first and foremost where we find all the extant documents written or dictated by Apostles, along with some other documents written by non-Apostles, but that were nonetheless authorized as Scripture by the Apostles, e.g., the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles, both written by Luke, a non-Apostle but a close companion with the Apostle Paul, and similarly the Gospel of Mark was written by Mark, who was a close companion with the Apostle Peter. iow, Mark and Luke are in a way the Gospel according to Peter and to Paul, respectively, and not the Gospel according to Mark and Luke.
Well I did not want to into the Apostles because I have misgivings about Saul/Paul but basically the NT appears to copy events or messages in the OT, when it should be a continuous accounting from the OT.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk