ECT Nicodemus, a righteous man

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You need to learn how to read for comprehention before moving on to answer questions that require any kind of thought processing.

Nice try.

However I'll stay with truth rather than delve into the depths of yer confusion.

Yer theology is twisted from the garden on.

You don't have a clue what it is to be born again.

Not only that, yer idea that you have been called to usher in anything is nuthin' but hot air.

I truly would like to see sumpthin' you have I could esteem at all, let alone better than my own, c'mon brother, pull it out.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Blameless according to the law is not close to the righteousness of God. God did wink at the "times of this ignorance". That ignorance was not recognizing that righteousness didn't come from the law.

Acts 17:30-31
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.​

Jesus Jesus Jesus

Cross Reference

Blameless according to the law is not close to the righteousness of God. God did wink at the "times of this ignorance". That ignorance was not recognizing that righteousness didn't come from the law.

We aren't talking about the righteousness of God but the blamelessness, as in innocence or even weakness, of man that God "winked at"..

It was however, righteousness that God honored and for which he could find favor with man.

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" [because of Jesus Christ, change the basis (redemption) for the way they could now only do business with Him that by that new basis,] ". . he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead."

[Emphasis mine]

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
We aren't talking about the righteousness of God but the blamelessness, as in innocence or even weakness, of man that God "winked at"..

It was however, righteousness that God honored and for which he could find favor with man.

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" [because of Jesus Christ, change the basis (redemption) for the way they could now only do business with Him that by that new basis,] ". . he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead."

[Emphasis mine]

If none were righteous then all were unrighteous.

Israel as well as the Gentiles.

Ignorant judges are we all.

Business?

You reckon God owes you sumpthin'?

iamaberean

You must be "born again." Being a Pharisee and obeying every tittle of the law will not get one into heaven. Becoming part of God's Kingdom as presented by Christ required a whole new spiritual change. A rebirth of ones' soul. Through Jesus God taught His commandments/how we should live. Love God, Love Neighbor. No one is perfect and must rely on Jesus' ultimate sacrifice to get into heaven/New Jerusalem/New Earth. Realization of this brings belief, sorrow, repentance.
Jesus said one must be born again, however no one would be born again until after the resurrection of Jesus and the New Covenant existed.
Under the law, Nicodemus would be judged as such, but Jesus had said to Martha "he that believeth on me shall never die". Now the problem arises as to never facing death or be judged later according to the law, or be born again, if still alive after crucifixion.
I understand what I am saying, but it is confusing.

Cross Reference

Jesus said one must be born again, however no one would be born again until after the resurrection of Jesus and the New Covenant existed.
Under the law, Nicodemus would be judged as such, but Jesus had said to Martha "he that believeth on me shall never die". Now the problem arises as to never facing death or be judged later according to the law, or be born again, if still alive after crucifixion.
I understand what I am saying, but it is confusing.

What part needs explaining if we understand what the word "believe" means and take it to heart as something that "sealed" one to Christ AFTER His crucifixion and resurrection?

iamaberean

What part needs explaining if we understand what the word "believe" means and take it to heart as something that "sealed" one to Christ AFTER His crucifixion and resurrection?

1. Abraham and his faithful children when to their rest.

2. Jesus told Martha, a Jew still living under law, that if she believed she would never die. In other words, the Jews living with Jesus on earth, that believed on him would be resurrected at the death of their natural body.

Mat 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.
1. First - those faithful Jews that had passed away before Jesus started his gospel, would be the last Jews resurrected.
2. Last - Last day Jews that believed would go straight to heaven, or they are the first Jews resurrected.
3. After the crucifixion New Covenant believers would receive the Holy Ghost, or in other words be born again of the water and the Spirit, and they also would, at their natural death, go right to heaven.

Cross Reference

1. Abraham and his faithful children when to their rest.

2. Jesus told Martha, a Jew still living under law, that if she believed she would never die. In other words, the Jews living with Jesus on earth, that believed on him would be resurrected at the death of their natural body.

Mat 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.
1. First - those faithful Jews that had passed away before Jesus started his gospel, would be the last Jews resurrected.
2. Last - Last day Jews that believed would go straight to heaven, or they are the first Jews resurrected.
3. After the crucifixion New Covenant believers would receive the Holy Ghost, or in other words be born again of the water and the Spirit, and they also would, at their natural death, go right to heaven.

Now, I don't understand. What does that have to do with my question, i.e., what does the word" believe" mean that it carries with it the power to seal one to either the promise Jesus made before the cross or the consummation of that same promise after He resurrected that the living should not taste death? What does the word "believe", mean?

iamaberean

Now, I don't understand. What does that have to do with my question, i.e., what does the word" believe" mean that it carries with it the power to seal one to either the promise Jesus made before the cross or the consummation of that same promise after He resurrected that the living should not taste death? What does the word "believe", mean?

In the old testament it was that God would redeem his people, in the Gospels they needed to believe that Jesus was the redeemer (God) and in the new testament we need to believe that he (Jesus) has set up his kingdom and if we believe that we may enter into that kingdom by being born again.

Cross Reference

In the old testament it was that God would redeem his people, in the Gospels they needed to believe that Jesus was the redeemer (God) and in the new testament we need to believe that he (Jesus) has set up his kingdom and if we believe that we may enter into that kingdom by being born again.

Fine! Now please explain HOW just believing seals one to God?