New Kid Carl/The Gospel

mynameiscarl

Hi, i'm Carl, i'm new. I'm a firm christian, i'm babtist, but I'm christian before I'm Babtist and not obnoxiously unexciting and overly strict like the average Babtist lol. I believe the bible, believe in the life and death of Christ Jesus, and am a fully changed and different person as a result, changed by the gospel of truth.
Simple essence of my belief: God created us all to live perfectly and in harmony with him, and he gave Adam and Eve 1 rule: Don't eat from the tree. Well, they did, and as a result, sin was integrated and passed down through all our DNA as a result. Sin, in simplicity, is the mere attitude that we can do whatever we want and get away with it. It's falling short of the perfection of God. None of us can reach that standard, and we deserve eternity in hell for our disobedience against such a holy and perfect God. Which, is why God sent christ, his son, because he loves us and doesn't want that for us. So as Christ came, the religious and the pharisees put him on a cross and killed him, after he was entirely innocent and had lived a perfect life. And as he was on the cross, God poured out the wrath meant for US on him. God poured out eternity in hell on him, instead of us. And then he died. But 3 days later, praise god! He rose! Risen from the dead, defeating death, as a sign that God had won, and that he had accepted the sacrifice and substitution of Christ for us. And now, all who believe this and follow this, can be saved from eternity in hell.

And that's the gospel. That's God's love for us.

I'll see you all around :)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome Carl--and I won't be calling you 'barbara'--It strikes me a disrespectful thing to call a guy.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Hi, i'm Carl, i'm new. I'm a firm christian, i'm babtist, but I'm christian before I'm Babtist and not obnoxiously unexciting and overly strict like the average Babtist lol. I believe the bible, believe in the life and death of Christ Jesus, and am a fully changed and different person as a result, changed by the gospel of truth.
Simple essence of my belief: God created us all to live perfectly and in harmony with him, and he gave Adam and Eve 1 rule: Don't eat from the tree. Well, they did, and as a result, sin was integrated and passed down through all our DNA as a result. Sin, in simplicity, is the mere attitude that we can do whatever we want and get away with it. It's falling short of the perfection of God. None of us can reach that standard, and we deserve eternity in hell for our disobedience against such a holy and perfect God. Which, is why God sent christ, his son, because he loves us and doesn't want that for us. So as Christ came, the religious and the pharisees put him on a cross and killed him, after he was entirely innocent and had lived a perfect life. And as he was on the cross, God poured out the wrath meant for US on him. God poured out eternity in hell on him, instead of us. And then he died. But 3 days later, praise god! He rose! Risen from the dead, defeating death, as a sign that God had won, and that he had accepted the sacrifice and substitution of Christ for us. And now, all who believe this and follow this, can be saved from eternity in hell.

And that's the gospel. That's God's love for us.

I'll see you all around :)

welcome-4.gif

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello Barbara. Tell me why you are sometimes called that. It seems a strange slogan and I am curious as to why.

Blessings. :)

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Considering his op, i am guessing that maybe hes called that in the same way the name Connie is directed at various male members of this board.
Color me confused. Carl is so far a one post wonder. I hope it doesn't end there.

Arthur Brain

Considering his op, i am guessing that maybe hes called that in the same way the name Connie is directed at various male members of this board.

Well, to be fair it's only aCW who gets that particular epithet, and he can hardly complain about it considering the way he talks about others along with his puerile innuendo.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If he's Australian, then the nickname makes sense. It's a common nickname for guys down under.