ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
-Revelation 21:2

So you believe this city is descending to planet earth?
And there'll be no seas, no sun, no moon, no night time, no temple etc?

What will people be doing with themselves for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever...........................................?

graceandpeace

Lazy afternoon;2891875]Not so simple.

I believe the topic at hand was simple, but you appeared to add to it.

People might mock you for saying something they suspect or know is wrong, when you claim that everything you say is right because the Lord showed you.

I only speak on the things I do know are right. I do not speak on what I do not yet understand.

I also would never judge anyone on any issue, of understanding, accept if they UNDO the gospel...this I will defend.

For example, some on this board think wrongly, (because they are taught by men that you must believe in the trinity to BE saved.) I do not agree with that hogwash....the gospel is not about the trinity. God reveals His 'Personhood' to us over time...after we ARE saved.

It is only possible to know everything right when one has laid down all to follow what Christ has said and says.

I still do not know everything, does that mean I have not yet laid down my all to follow Him?

(and guess what, Christ knew a lot before his baptism by John, and his brothers and sisters did not know who he was)

Children do not have that capacity and mature people never make that claim, because it tends to take away the right of others to decide on matters and confuses them especially if the Lord HAS shown them something different to what you understand.

You are the one making the claim of me, not me.

Then there is the matter of it being the Lords right to decide what others should know, with him knowing their hearts.

I only judge concerning the milk of the word..NOT the meat.

If you think otherwise, you have misread me.

It is not our decision, it is His, and we have no God given right to brow beat others and critisize them for not understanding whether it be their own fault or not.

LA.

We are to rebuke those whom misapply the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we are not to put our pearls before swine...the pearls refer to the meat....if someone asks me a question, I will always give an answer...that answer is not a judgement against them.

It is a witness of my faith; alone.

Now, show me where I fail in your eyes.

graceandpeace

:thumb:

Yes, the word "elements" is only used two other times in the Bible, and neither time does "elements" describe what the MADists claim it does.

"elements" refers to the laws of the OC

(Gal 4:9-10)

9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

As we see above, the word "elements" is used to describe feast days and holidays of the Mosaic Law that Paul calls bondgage.

These are the "elements" that Peter refers to that are burned up in 2 Peter 3:10 and 3 Peter 3:12

When the Lord opened my eyes to this, the gospel was confirmed to me.....:thumb:
...by the works of the law, shall no man be justified, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Simply put, those whom have not yet put away the weak and beggarly elements, are not yet confirmed in the gospel, and many of them are even cut off...due to what Paul explained was rebuilding again the things His death tore down, making themselves transgressors once again. The dog to the vomit; Lot's wife...etc.

SaulToPaul 2

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

SaulToPaul 2

Elements is defined by the context.

2 Peter - physical things, heavens, earth
Galatians - laws

The word elements could be used in a thousand different contexts. A chemist and a lawyer wouldn't use the word in the same way.

graceandpeace

Elements is defined by the context.

2 Peter - physical things, heavens, earth
Galatians - laws

The word elements could be used in a thousand different contexts. A chemist and a lawyer wouldn't use the word in the same way.

The point being, is that IF you are in the new covenant, all things have become NEW, old things have passed away, there is no physical things...in your world, as pertaining to salvation...and, salvation is the context.

We have already been spiritually translated into the Kingdom of God...upon salvation; it is done.

You can get yourself cut off; and thrown back down to the earthly or physical realm, by returning to the old systems ways, however....the gospel is from faith to faith; faith is of the spirit; it works through love, not law.

You are still working by law...because you don't really believe Jesus fulfilled it. If you did; you wouldnt be on here arguing with those whom do believe He did....everyday.

Why did Jesus say His own were not of this world? Because christians are not of the earthly, physical realm...we have been rescued from it.

graceandpeace

STP,

Instead of giving me neg reps for this post and calling me ugly names, why don't you attempt to discuss this, in a rational way?

Why don't you attempt to answer the questions posed?

Did Jesus rescue you from this present evil world or not? The earth abideth forever, it is the world, and it's system that He came to rescue us from..the law of old...lol

I try to be patient with you...but, all your neg repping and ugly name calling gets on my nerves.

I would like to have a civil discussion, so what are your answers?

Has He translated you or not? If He has, why then are you made subject to the old systems earthly elements?

Taste not, touch not, etc....(physical things), which all are to perish with the using, for they all stem from the old system...of law of moses.

They only work condemnation.

We are in the new covenant, where all things have been made new; and the new 'earth' is the same created earth where righteousness NOW dwells.

You can deny it all day long, I believe the word.

The point being, is that IF you are in the new covenant, all things have become NEW, old things have passed away, there is no physical things...in your world, as pertaining to salvation...and, salvation is the context.

We have already been spiritually translated into the Kingdom of God...upon salvation; it is done.

You can get yourself cut off; and thrown back down to the earthly or physical realm, by returning to the old systems ways, however....the gospel is from faith to faith; faith is of the spirit; it works through love, not law.

You are still working by law...because you don't really believe Jesus fulfilled it. If you did; you wouldnt be on here arguing with those whom do believe He did....everyday.

Why did Jesus say His own were not of this world? Because christians are not of the earthly, physical realm...we have been rescued from it.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thought for the day.....

Galatians 2:7

King James Version (KJV)

7But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Zeke

STP,

Instead of giving me neg reps for this post and calling me ugly names, why don't you attempt to discuss this, in a rational way?

Why don't you attempt to answer the questions posed?

Did Jesus rescue you from this present evil world or not? The earth abideth forever, it is the world, and it's system that He came to rescue us from..the law of old...lol

I try to be patient with you...but, all your neg repping and ugly name calling gets on my nerves.

I would like to have a civil discussion, so what are your answers?

Has He translated you or not? If He has, why then are you made subject to the old systems earthly elements?

Taste not, touch not, etc....(physical things), which all are to perish with the using, for they all stem from the old system...of law of moses.

They only work condemnation.

We are in the new covenant, where all things have been made new; and the new 'earth' is the same created earth where righteousness NOW dwells.

You can deny it all day long, I believe the word.

Maybe because you falshly say he teaches the above greenpeace, I have never seen where STP has stated that any of the old types and shadow are for today, the things pertaining to the flesh was never a gentile concern God didn't make a seed covenant with them.

The Spiritual body is the focus today that part we could find some agreement, but you want to exclude the seed promises pertaining to the flesh that Jesus was also fulfilling for them, and some day will deal with them again on that bases. there are two hopes Revelation 3:21, speaks of two thrones and one requires overcoming Matthew 24:13, and the other doesn't because it has nothing to do with the flesh like the overcoming one does, Ephesians 2:4-6, I have shown you the two families earthly and heavenly in the scripture Ephesians1:10, 3:14-15, Colossians 1:20, but you refuse to admit its even there, so your not any easier to deal with grace when you denign clear scripture that shows you otherwise, you only see what you want to see.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe the topic at hand was simple, but you appeared to add to it.

I only speak on the things I do know are right. I do not speak on what I do not yet understand.

I also would never judge anyone on any issue, of understanding, accept if they UNDO the gospel...this I will defend.

For example, some on this board think wrongly, (because they are taught by men that you must believe in the trinity to BE saved.) I do not agree with that hogwash....the gospel is not about the trinity. God reveals His 'Personhood' to us over time...after we ARE saved.

I still do not know everything, does that mean I have not yet laid down my all to follow Him?

You are the one making the claim of me, not me.

I only judge concerning the milk of the word..NOT the meat.

If you think otherwise, you have misread me.

We are to rebuke those whom misapply the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we are not to put our pearls before swine...the pearls refer to the meat....if someone asks me a question, I will always give an answer...that answer is not a judgement against them.

It is a witness of my faith; alone.

Now, show me where I fail in your eyes.

I do not recognize in you the person who has given their all for Christ and that is not a failing but just something that can yet happen for you.

You attribute my words to myself alone and then defend yourself instead of just taking things on board and going before the Lord with them without complaining about them.

As one man said--

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is like installing a new water pump on the old irrigation system and leaks spring up everywhere.

You try to correct other people with things which you do not know are not truth.

My observation of you is that you are like Moses trying to correct Israel in Egypt before he fled, and you know why he fled.

This below has not happened for you yet---

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Mat 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

We have been through this before. This verse was written before 70AD, therefore Peter tells his audience that scoffers will say "where is the promise of his coming", and that "all things continue as they were from the beginning"

After 70AD scoffers could not say those words.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you believe this city is descending to planet earth?
And there'll be no seas, no sun, no moon, no night time, no temple etc?

What will people be doing with themselves for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever...........................................?

Actually the MADists claim that there will be a temple with animal sacrifices with no seas, no sun, no moon, no night time etc.

I guess these animals that kingdom slaves will be killing will have some kind of super natural powers since they won't have water to drink and since they won't be able to sleep.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It's part of MAD101

When they can't defend their MAD/Bullingersim, they are left with no other alternative than to make everything about the person that is pointing out the errors of MAD/Bullingerism.

They will say you are a liar, that you aren't sincere, that you misrepresent them, that you cannot be reasoned with, that you are intellectually dishonest, that you are passive agressive, etc.

Everyone knows that MAD/Bullingerism cannot be defended with scripture, therefore they don't have any other option than to paint you as someone with "serious problems".

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have been through this before. This verse was written before 70AD, therefore Peter tells his audience that scoffers will say "where is the promise of his coming", and that "all things continue as they were from the beginning"

After 70AD scoffers could not say those words.

2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Only until Ad 70 according to Tet.
LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's part of MAD101

When they can't defend their MAD/Bullingersim, they are left with no other alternative than to make everything about the person that is pointing out the errors of MAD/Bullingerism.

They will say you are a liar, that you aren't sincere, that you misrepresent them, that you cannot be reasoned with, that you are intellectually dishonest, that you are passive agressive, etc.

Everyone knows that MAD/Bullingerism cannot be defended with scripture, therefore they don't have any other option than to paint you as someone with "serious problems".

Everyone knows preterism is not scriptural either.

Christ has not yet returned.

Satan is not bound and sealed over in the pit.

The nations still learn war.

Preterists are still able to spin the Bible.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Only until Ad 70 according to Tet.
LA

Yes! 2Peter 3 is definitely about the end of this present age and the Second Coming of Jesus and not about 70 AD.
Just as the flood ended "the world that then was" so shall there be a consumation of this present world.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes! 2Peter 3 is definitely about the end of this present age and the Second Coming of Jesus and not about 70 AD.
Just as the flood ended "the world that then was" so shall there be a consumation of this present world.

Yes the context of the chapter is very clear.

LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.