LUKE 13:22 THE STRAIT GATE

DougE

Luke 13:22 And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.

13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Jesus is speaking of entering into the Davidic earthly kingdom in which Israel will reign with Jesus for a thousand years (Jeremiah 23:5 Revelation 20:6 Revelation 5:10).

13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.

13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

To enter into the kingdom Israel had to believe the gospel of the kingdom preached by Jesus and the twelve (Matthew 4:23). Israel had to endure until the end (Matthew 24:13) and bear the fruits of righteousness (Matthew 3:10 Matthew 5:20) to be saved to enter into the kingdom.

13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

The unprofitable and unbelieving Jews will weep and gnash their teeth when they are cast out into darkness (Matthew 8:12).

13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

k0de

13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
That is a statement that would have shocked His disciples.

Compare;

Matthew 8: 11. I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Is Jesus alluding to non-Jews coming from all over the world to join in and partake part in God’s kingdom?

DougE

That is a statement that would have shocked His disciples.

Compare;

Matthew 8: 11. I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Is Jesus alluding to non-Jews coming from all over the world to join in and partake part in God’s kingdom?
Hello
I think he was referring to scattered Jews to be brought into the land and form one nation (John 11:52).

k0de

Hello
I think he was referring to scattered Jews to be brought into the land and form one nation (John 11:52).
That's Caiaphas prophesy about Jesus.

John 11:50. You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish."

51. He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation,

52. and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one.

That makes sense when reading John 11:52 along with John 11:50 and 51, and considering that the scattered children of God is indeed the scattered nation of the Jews and not some other nation. I have to agree with your answer.

Thank you! [emoji120][emoji91]

Zeke

Romans 2:28-29, the outward Jew has no permanent future kingdom other than it's traditionalism past down to the next generation of the sons of men, the outward Jew or Gentile doesn't exist in Christ Galatians 3:28, Christ in you would be under that same definition known as the mystery continually polluted with the perishable traditions of men Matthew 23:13, 1 Cor 15:50, Matthew 11:11.

The seed of God 1 Cor 15:22, fell asleep In Adam John 12:24, to become living individualized souls 1 Cor 15:38, 15:44, Psalms 82:6- 7, until we Galatians 4:1, John 3:12-13, become quickening spirits 1 Cor 15:45, Luke 15:17, Ephesians 5:14, can't fully awake to who you are by solidified doctrines based on flesh and blood reasoning, the Broadway when reading spiritual allegory told in flesh and blood symbolism, it's applied metaphorically to each souls journey as a dead prodigal sons journey into bondage Galatians 4:24-25, till awakened to freedom Galatians 4:26.

k0de

Romans 2:28-29, the outward Jew has no permanent future kingdom other than it's traditionalism past down to the next generation of the sons of men, the outward Jew or Gentile doesn't exist in Christ Galatians 3:28, Christ in you would be under that same definition known as the mystery continually polluted with the perishable traditions of men Matthew 23:13, 1 Cor 15:50, Matthew 11:11.

The seed of God 1 Cor 15:22, fell asleep In Adam John 12:24, to become living individualized souls 1 Cor 15:38, 15:44, Psalms 82:6- 7, until we Galatians 4:1, John 3:12-13, become quickening spirits 1 Cor 15:45, Luke 15:17, Ephesians 5:14, can't fully awake to who you are by solidified doctrines based on flesh and blood reasoning, the Broadway when reading spiritual allegory told in flesh and blood symbolism, it's applied metaphorically to each souls journey as a dead prodigal sons journey into bondage Galatians 4:24-25, till awakened to freedom Galatians 4:26.
What? please unravel [emoji43]

Zeke

What? please unravel [emoji43]

No you go within the temple which is you 1 Cor 3:16 and sit in silence because Christ in you is the Seed of the woman and listen for the still small voice in God's kingdom Luke 17:21, to reveal the spiritual meaning of the dead letter you read through the outward eyes of the natural man preventing your entrance into that kingdom, 2 Cor 13:5.

k0de

No you go within the temple which is you 1 Cor 3:16 and sit in silence because Christ in you is the Seed of the woman and listen for the still small voice in God's kingdom Luke 17:21, to reveal the spiritual meaning of the dead letter you read through the outward eyes of the natural man preventing your entrance into that kingdom, 2 Cor 13:5.

Your getting better, wierd way communication.

What did you say about The Church and it's leaders? (1Corints 3:1-23)

What did you say about The Coming of the Kingdom of God? ( Luke 17:20-37)

And, what did you say about The Final Warning to the Church of the Corinthians?
(2 Corints 2:13-10)

I can't understand you. What is your question? [emoji848]

Zeke

Your getting better, wierd way communication.

What did you say about The Church and it's leaders? (1Corints 3:1-23)

What did you say about The Coming of the Kingdom of God? ( Luke 17:20-37)

And, what did you say about The Final Warning to the Church of the Corinthians?
(2 Corints 2:13-10)

I can't understand you. What is your question? [emoji848]

Didn't ask you a question.