Louisiana Newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotherm

Greetings in Jesus brethren.

My name is Steven from Louisiana the Northern Central part.I am 43 years old and happily married and have been for 21 years July 27th 2009.I am a Christian as my wife and it is wonderful to know that I dont have to spend an eternity in hell.I can`t tell of all the blessings I have received through the blessings of being a Christian.

Me and my wife attend a small country baptist Church in my community regularly.I thank God for the little ole preacher and the old hymn books with the thees and thous and the blood and the cross hymns,with the ole piano.This little ole preacher even uses the ole faithful King James Bible,which I find easier to memorize by the way it rhyme`s and I dont come to a number where the verse is suppose to be but it is missing in the foot note.

I am old fashioned I guess, but the new style of doing things just does not settle right in my spirit.I say if it is biblical then I see no problem with it but these extra so-called revelations that contradict the bible I get very suspicious of.

Nevertheless I am blessed to be here.

God richly bless you all.

Brother Steven M.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, brotherm.

Are you from Ruston? I live in Shreveport. Welcome to TOL!

Randy

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Brother Randy I live in the Minden La area.Nice to meet you.

Steven.

Aha. You're just around 30 minutes away from me. If you prove yourself worthy by making a few hundred quality* posts, I might let you meet me in person one day. :D

*where "quality", of course, means I agree 100% with them.

Only kidding, M. Welcome again! :wave2:

Randy

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Welcome Steven from Louisiana, now tell me, do you call them eats, crayfish, craw fish or crawdads?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Greetings in Jesus brethren.
My name is Steven from Louisiana the Northern Central part.
And a fine howdy-do right back at you, Steven.
I am 43 years old and happily married and have been for 21 years July 27th 2009.
She's standing right behind you, isn't she? :plain:
I am a Christian as my wife and it is wonderful to know that I dont have to spend an eternity in hell.
Though you do have to spend August in Louisiana.
I can`t tell of all the blessings I have received through the blessings of being a Christian.
:thumb:
Me and my wife attend a small country baptist Church in my community regularly. I thank God for the little ole preacher and the old hymn books with the thees and thous and the blood and the cross hymns,with the ole piano.
And the ole air conditioner?
This little ole preacher even uses the ole faithful King James Bible,which I find easier to memorize by the way it rhyme`s and I dont come to a number where the verse is suppose to be but it is missing in the foot note.
If it works, it works.
I am old fashioned I guess,
Allow me to take the guesswork out for you...if you ever find yourself struggling to hold back the phrase "that/those new fangled" or find yourself dropping a thee bomb in conversation--if your new ride gets miles to the oat or you still describe television as the moving picture box, ye are old fashioned.
but the new style of doing things just does not settle right in my spirit. I say if it is biblical then I see no problem with it but these extra so-called revelations that contradict the bible I get very suspicious of.
To which I'd only add, telemarketers. I'm just saying.
Nevertheless I am blessed to be here.
Happy to have you. :wave2:
God richly bless you all.
Welcome. :e4e:

Last edited:

brotherm

Crawfish for me, Kat! Yum yum!!!

Yes Randy yum yum.I call them Mud Mugs but can`t stomach eating the heads.As for dispensationalism I can no longer stomach that either.I have two dvd`s by the Nicene Council one is called The Late Great Planet Church and the other Against Dispensationalism.

The books The Rapture Plot by Dave McPherson and The Incredible Scofield and His book by Joseph Canfield is good reading to.These resources got me to reforming my beliefs in a big way.

God bless.

Steven.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Crawfish for me, Kat! Yum yum!!!

You are a southerner, not a Texan. Like me, you are a native of the deep south. Over Georgia way, some, including me, spell its crayfish, but we say crawfish! never crawdads :nono:

You sure get to eatem up!

Status
Not open for further replies.