Longest paper?

KurtPh

35 pages, excluding bibliography, on how Qin Shi Huang Di standardized weights and measures after gaining controll of China after the Waring States period.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KurtPh
35 pages, excluding bibliography, on how Qin Shi Huang Di standardized weights and measures after gaining controll of China after the Waring States period.

And you're still alive to tell about it?;)

KurtPh

Hmmm, seems I wasn't very polite. I left before answering your question.

Yes, I did in fact survive. :D

theo_victis

My longest - 124 pages

the longest paper i have ever written was a commentary on the gospel of John for last semester. It amounted to be 124 pages. What was helpful was that it contained the entire gospel of John which actually only amounted to like 30 pages of text. Just about each verse was commented on. I luckily got to use outside sources and did a whole lot of quoting.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KurtPh

Hmmm, seems I wasn't very polite. I left before answering your question.

Yes, I did in fact survive. :D

Hey, It's KurtPH!! Long time no see! How's it goin'?

SOTK

Re: Longest paper?

Originally posted by drdeutsch

For you students and former students:
What was the longest paper you had to write, excluding Master's theses and Ph.D. dissertations?

I just finished a 42-page paper on the etymology of Lewis and Clark placenames from the Sgt. Floyd Memorial in Sioux City to the Fort Mandan winter camp in North Dakota. It's pretty rough right now, but I'd like to keep working on it and try to get it published.

Dr. Deutsch

I loved to write when I was in High School and College! :up: I purposely chose classes (professors) where their grading system was based upon essay writing! :thumb:

It's been a while, but if memory serves, I think my longest paper was on Dolphins. It had to have been around 40 pages; more including bibliography. I wasn't too fond of bibliography! :( It was so long because it was an all encompassing topic. I had to explain the entire history of the dolphin and how there were unique aspects to this mammal when compared to other mammals. I enjoyed it!

KurtPh

Originally posted by Poly

Hey, It's KurtPH!! Long time no see! How's it goin'?

I'm very well. It has been a while, hasn't it?

I see that many of the ol' timers are here still as well as some fresh meat. ;)

erinmarie

We had a "senior paper" to write for our gifted program in high school. We were all in the same British History Class, so we all picked Shakesperean works to write about. I used Antony and Cleopatra, and how it is the most impactful Shakesperean play...it heralds the final days of the Greek World, ending finally at the Battle at Actium with the deaths of Antony and Cleo. blablaba. I thought I was SOOO cool.

It was supposed to be under 20 pages, and I some how ended up with over 30 and a bibliography. I did have giant sections of quotes from the play and from Plutarch's The Lives of the Noble Grecians and Romans, which was Shakespeare's main source. That probably took up a lot of space.