LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Catalog your books online.

C

cattyfan

:poly:

I don't need any help with putting my books in order :noid:

I already have them sorted:

nonfiction - alphabetized by subject - alphabetized by author - ordered by date of release

fiction - alphabetized by genre - alphabetized by author - ordered by date of release

C

cattyfan

dRock said:
hmmm...cattyfan, do you have a life?

with CleverDan busy with his classes, I have a lot of extra time :(

I have my CDs alphabetized and sorted by release date, too :sigh:

erinmarie

cattyfan said:
with CleverDan busy with his classes, I have a lot of extra time :(

I have my CDs alphabetized and sorted by release date, too :sigh:

You should be on here alot more then!!!! :D

C

cattyfan

erinmarie said:
You should be on here alot more then!!!! :D

I wish I could be...but alphabetizing my spices and soups takes time....

:chuckle:

erinmarie

Catty- I wish you lived around me, you could come over and clean and organize and I could stand there, watch you, and maybe make you laugh every once in awhile!!!
Sounds fun

ShadowMaid

Ha! You girls are hilarious. :chuckle:

Anyway, I don't exactly sort my books. I have a rather small collection (But it's getting bigger! :bannana: ), and it's just easy to find whatever book I'm looking for.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Thanks for this (I think). I'm cataloging my library but I fear this is going to eat up a lot of my time.

Crow

Hmmm. I pass most of my books on after I read them. Otherwise I would live in a cave in the middle of a stack of books.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
cattyfan said:
:poly:

I don't need any help with putting my books in order :noid:

I already have them sorted:

nonfiction - alphabetized by subject - alphabetized by author - ordered by date of release

fiction - alphabetized by genre - alphabetized by author - ordered by date of release

Wow! How's that workin' out for ya? :) I sort of have mine...sorted... by how they will fit on the shelves :eek:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Crow said:
Hmmm. I pass most of my books on after I read them. Otherwise I would live in a cave in the middle of a stack of books.

Me too. We have a used bookstore about 10 miles from here. I trade in my paperbacks to them or give them to a nursing home. I tend to give away my used curriculum.

Speaking of which, does anyone need ninth grade curriculum for algebra (student's edition), literature (student's edition), English (teacher's edition), earth science (teacher's edition), and geography (teacher's edition)? All are Bob Jones University Press books. Let me know via PM (with your address and what you want) and I'll let you know how much postage is and ship them to you.

Adam

Hall of Fame
Just so you know, librarything may look cool, but there is a hidden motive there.

If you go into one of the public libraries, you'll notice that there are pictures of the more recent books on the left of each listing. If you clicky on such image, it takes you right to librarything's amazon referral page and they make a commission if you buy said book from amazon.

just so you know

unspoken

I have my CD's sorted alphabetically, but my room is littered with books, I have a table made out of a saxaphone case and two stacks of books, stacks of books on my desk, on my dresser, I hardly have room for anything else! :noway: I hope there isn't an avalanche! :)

C

cattyfan

one of the nursing homes I've visited had books on the shelf...sorted according to color and matched to the room decor. Yikes.

julie21

I took some of my books to the Second Hand book shop years ago and got some $ for them...and ever since have rued that day! I could never part with any again!
My cousin and his wife, both Professors at University [Eng and Applied Maths] have just renovated their house by adding on an upper level to purely act as a book repository. A friend of mine has actually hired a storage Lock Up space for several years now to accomodate his ever growing literary family.
I am just waiting for my son and daughter to leave home and thus gain more space to transfer my piles of books from off the floor into their rooms...though I hope that won't happen too soon! Anyway, books in piles on the floor, if done in an aesthetically pleasing fashion, look quite nice! - though this will have to be remedied before crawling babies come on the scene! :)