LAZY AFTERNOON IS ONE ANGRY KIND OF POSTER!

God's Truth

I wonder if that tactic works with simple minded people.

I noticed GT try and use a similar one in threads.

did try to tell them fear mongering is soooooo 15th century!

You are not going against me, you are going against God's Word. We are told to fear God.

Even Jesus delighted in the fear of the LORD. See Isaiah 11:3.

MarkA

You are not going against me, you are going against God's Word. We are told to fear God.
Nope your failure to follow a simple thread topic is duly noted.

but for the sake of others allow me to clarify.

1.musterion (not ME!) made the assertion that if a voice or vision is from God it is only conformable by scripture.
2. I tested that criteria in the thread by offering the example of the voice Abraham heard.
3. the criteria he set failed due to the fact that what Abraham was told to do was the opposite of the law of Moses forbidding the same action.
4. you failed to offer any criteria so you are rather uninvolved in that part of the debate other than demonstrating your ineptness to follow simple logical trains of thought and crying wolf out of ignorance.

I fear the Lord just fine, I don't fear you or your inaccurate presumptions, try and not confuse the two, as you are not God. :)

God's Truth

Nope your failure to follow a simple thread topic is duly noted.

but for the sake of others allow me to clarify.

1.musterion (not ME!) made the assertion that if a voice or vision is from God it is only conformable by scripture.
2. I tested that criteria in the thread by offering the example of the voice Abraham heard.
3. the criteria he set failed due to the fact that what Abraham was told to do was the opposite of the law of Moses forbidding the same action.
4. you failed to offer any criteria so you are rather uninvolved in that part of the debate other than demonstrating your ineptness to follow simple logical trains of thought and crying wolf out of ignorance.
Looks like you are the one failing to follow a simple thread topic. This is not even the thread topic in which we should be discussing this.
I have not failed to offer any criteria. There were no written scriptures for Abraham to check.
I did not need to check the scriptures to know that it was Jesus speaking to me when Jesus spoke to me. However, if a spirit spoke to me and it went against the written Word of God, then I would be assured of it not being good. Abraham already had a relationship with God by the time God told him to sacrifice Abraham. God had already spoken to Abraham and had been blessing him for his faith and obedience.
By the time God tested Abraham’s faith, Abraham knew this was God speaking to him.
You, however, said that God contradicted Himself. You are entertainment for atheists and unbelieving Jews, and all other rejecters of Jesus Christ.

I fear the Lord just fine, I don't fear you or your inaccurate presumptions, try and not confuse the two, as you are not God.
You are the one who spoke against fearing God. Now, it looks like you have changed your mind. That is good that you changed your mind, but your heart is still not right, because you are pretending that you do not say things that you do say, just as when you said God contradicts Himself, then you said you never said it.

glorydaz

It's truly incredible what the natural man can read into God's Holy Word. Sinners tremble and fear God. Those who know God, and are not enemies of God, have REVERENCE for Him. We can and do come BOLDLY before the Throne of Grace. You can fear, and rightly so. Those who have been accepted in the BELOVED revere God. Abraham was a friend of God. I am a friend of God. You still fear God.......think about it.

MarkA

I agree the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,

but it doesn't stop there, like anything the Lord touches on it grows!

Amen!

God's Truth

It's truly incredible what the natural man can read into God's Holy Word. Sinners tremble and fear God. Those who know God, and are not enemies of God, have REVERENCE for Him. We can and do come BOLDLY before the Throne of Grace. You can fear, and rightly so. Those who have been accepted in the BELOVED revere God. Abraham was a friend of God. I am a friend of God. You still fear God.......think about it.

I delight in the fear of the Lord. The scriptures say Jesus delighted in the fear of the Lord.

You argue about words. You say things that are not of God.