Is the Torah or the TaNaK Scripture?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is from a real Jew.

Originally Posted by Yoḥanon-benYaʿăqov
The rest of your thread is less than meaningless to me, but this particular paragraph needs to be addressed, because it is a bald faced lie.Unlike certain others, I actually am a Jew, and have been since the day I was born: 5 Sh’vat 5717 in Haifa, Eretz Israel.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that Jews DO NOT Proselytize; Jews DO NOT actively seek converts; Jews DO NOT SEEK converts at all; Jews DO NOT WANT converts; Jews DO NOT NEED converts; Jews ACTIVELY DISSUADE converts.

Jews are a family, converting to Judaism is joining our family. We don’t want or need any new members of our family. There is no need for any gentile to ever convert to Judaism, and in fact it is totally illogical.

In order to be considered a righteous gentile by the God of Israel, all one has to do is obey the Shevaʿ Mitzvot b’néy-Noaḥ (Seven Commandments of the descendants of Noah). Basically if anyone is merely a decent human being, he/she is probably obeying these Mitz’vot without even knowing he/she is doing it.

In order to LEGALLY convert to Judaism, a gentile has to jump through a whole lot of hoops just to be considered for eligibility for potential candidacy for the conversion process. A person cannot even apply for conversion unless they are sponsored by a certified Rabbi.

Different Rabbis have different requirements for sponsorship, but one absolute pre-requisite is the potential candidate must live in and be an active part
of a Jewish Community for a bare minimum of nine months. That’s just one pre-requisite for sponsorship.

Even if you do find a sponsor, that doesn’t mean that your application for conversion will ever be accepted. I know a gentleman who desperately wants to convert to Judaism, and has been actively trying for over ten years; in three different countries; has had six different sponsors; and his request has still not been accepted. But he still perseveres, and I can’t even begin to understand why. Converting to Judaism is a very difficult process, and very few ever last from start to finish.

It could very easily take more than two years just to acquire a sponsor. If by some chance your application for conversion is accepted, you then go through an average of three years of education before the legal portions even begin.

NO!!! JEWS DO NOT SEEK OR WANT CONVERTS!!!

As for the last sentence of the quote: I do not recall seeing the phrase hil’ḵot Mosheh (law of Moses) anywhere within the Hebrew Scriptures. Torah means: instruction, education, lesson, teaching – not “law.” If you are insinuating that Jews are not being obedient to our God given Commandments – Mitz’vot, please be more specific, we have quite a few of them to choose from
Today is Shishi, the Third Month, the Eleventh Day. It is Boker, Morning. Yom, Day.

Amen Squeaky.

There is a common misconception that Jews seek converts, that they proselytize. However, we know that though this is a good thing to do it is not how a person becomes a Jew, not necessary, and even contrary to the way some of us think. (Meaning, an individual makes decisions to obey God. You do not need to be a Jew to do this. But Jews discuss God's Law among themselves. And knowing the truth is better than thinking you are converting to a religion and that once you have done so that is all that matters or all that is important. This is not the way to understand what it means to be a Jew.) Are you familiar with Kiruv?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Today is Shishi, the Third Month, the Eleventh Day. It is Boker, Morning. Yom, Day.

Amen Squeaky.

There is a common misconception that Jews seek converts, that they proselytize. However, we know that though this is a good thing to do it is not how a person becomes a Jew, not necessary, and even contrary to the way some of us think. (Meaning, an individual makes decisions to obey God. You do not need to be a Jew to do this. But Jews discuss God's Law among themselves. And knowing the truth is better than thinking you are converting to a religion and that once you have done so that is all that matters or all that is important. This is not the way to understand what it means to be a Jew.) Are you familiar with Kiruv?

I said
Your assuming away to much. Your assuming you can teach the bible, you cant. You cant learn if your teaching. And you haven't learned it yet. You should find a Jewish site and run things by them before you try to teach it to others. you need to develop a relationship with Yoḥanon-benYaʿăqov .

Look at what he said.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that Jews DO NOT Proselytize; Jews DO NOT actively seek converts; Jews DO NOT SEEK converts at all; Jews DO NOT WANT converts; Jews DO NOT NEED converts; Jews ACTIVELY DISSUADE converts.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
offend means to cause someone to stumble. And if anyone listens to what you saying and the way you are presenting it, they will stumble. You have always taught like the antichrist would.

[Luk 17:1-2
1 Then He said to the disciples, "It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe [to him] through whom they do come!
2 "It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If it is so basic then how do you not know?

How do I not know what? I am not claiming to not know. I have been battling Squeaky over this since I was a child. This is a struggle germane to us here in the United States of America, into which you are inquiring. We defeated Osama Bin Laden, but we had to do it as a nation.

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, the Third Month the Thirteenth Day. It is Yom, Day.

Echad means One.

Shema Yisrael Yahveh Eloheinu Yahveh Echad
Hear Israel Yahveh Our God Yahveh is One